Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vuze not finding torrents
My main drive crashed, so I had to re-install Vuze on the new hard drive. I am trying to locate torrents of recent titles and for the most part, no matter what I type in, I either get a few completely unrelated hits or I get most of a page of hits for "Pioneer One". On the old drive, I had no problem but even torrents for things I found on the old drive are not appearing.
I'm assuming that there is something improperly set in the settings, but for the life of me I can't find anything concerning search parameters.
Help would be gretly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
C-Man
I use Vuze in Azureus mode (Classic interface) so I'm assuming that you are using a search function within the default Vuze GUI itself or are you referring to "Swarm Discoveries"?

Did you do a configuration backup and if so, did you restore your config data and torrents from a backup.  (backups should be kept on another drive/usb stick)

Do all other functions of Vuze seem to operate as normally expected?
My vuze searches aren't finding torrents either. Did you get any answers about finding torrents? couldn't make any sense of the answer here
Many search templates that were native to Vuze years ago have been removed.  The ones that are now native are worthless.  If you did a new install, you probably lost your original search templates and thus getting very poor results.  Check which search templates are being used to do your searches and add whatever you can find via Googling.  Avoid Torfeat search templates because they include monetization.  Which templates you find may be old and outdated.  It is hit or miss.  There are other threads that deal with how to change or update templates.

Someone with more coding experience than I have really needs to update search templates and make them available, please.
(02-17-2017, 06:38 AM)'LuvVuze' Wrote: Many search templates that were native to Vuze years ago have been removed.  The ones that are now native are worthless.  If you did a new install, you probably lost your original search templates and thus getting very poor results.  Check which search templates are being used to do your searches and add whatever you can find via Googling.  Avoid Torfeat search templates because they include monetization.  Which templates you find may be old and outdated.  It is hit or miss.  There are other threads that deal with how to change or update templates.

Someone with more coding experience than I have really needs to update search templates and make them available, please.

Thanks. I gave up and found another client- Folx. It's not as good or multi-functional, but it finds my torrents.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not many torrents showing up Mike7300 3 547 01-14-2017, 02:23 PM
Last Post: LuvVuze
  Not finding anything ? stevef224 0 231 11-24-2016, 12:15 AM
Last Post: stevef224