Vuze Forums

Full Version: Half of my disk space in Azureus file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed that I lost almost 400 gb on my hard drive recently.  I've done the research and discovered a huge file in Appdata/Roaming/Azureus/Torrents.  Actually, there are two large files.  One is 317 gb and the other is almost 20 gb.  These were created on 11/29/2014. The titles consist of long character strings; therefore, they have no meaning. Before I do anything, I wanted to ask:

1.) What are these files? Backups of some sort?
2.) Why would so much of my hard drive space be consumed here?

I am using Windows 7. I have a 1t hard drive.  I estimate that I am only using less than 300 gb total (Office, other software, files, etc.).  I have just over 100 gb available.  What should I do?

Thank you!

Weird - those should be copies of torrents that have been added to Vuze, torrent files are usually measured in 10's of K, nothing like 317gb!

There was a bug a while back that caused the torrent DATA save location to occasionally end up somewhere weird - I assume you don't have an actual download of those sizes running within Vuze?
(12-10-2014, 09:38 PM)'parg' Wrote: [ -> ]Weird - those should be copies of torrents that have been added to Vuze, torrent files are usually measured in 10's of K, nothing like 317gb!

There was a bug a while back that caused the torrent DATA save location to occasionally end up somewhere weird - I assume you don't have an actual download of those sizes running within Vuze?

No, I don't.  I tried to open the files, but they wouldn't open.  I then tried to delete the largest file.  I thought if it affected Vuze, I could go to my Recycle Bin and return it to the directory.  When I tried, I received a pop-up message stating that I could not delete the file as it was running.  I did have Vuze open at the time.  I am a bit baffled over this.  I have searched throughout this forum and on the Wiki to see if I could find out anything about this type of a file.  I haven't downloaded any file larger than, perhaps, 12gb in a few years.  If I'm downloading several files at once, I doubt if they have exceed 30 - 40 gb at any one time.

I doubt if this helps, however, the the large file is titled C861E7D673BED9EE2A32DC0E0A6E8FE4F0E5E41E.  If anyone has any ideas about this and can tell me what I should do, it is much appreciated.  I have wondered if I should just delete Vuze, double check it's directories and make certain all files have been removed, reboot, and then re-install Vuze.  I am a bit nervous of doing something that will make this worse.  Any advice is most welcome!  Thank you!

Simple solution would be to close Vuze, delete just those files, then restart Vuze and see how things go - no point in uninstalling/re-installing.

The name of the file might be a torrent hash - if you copy/paste that into the search box in Vuze and hit 'enter' it might give you a clue.