Vuze Forums

Full Version: open torrent dialog problem on KDE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

So I've upgraded to vuze 5.5.0.0 which also came with a new SWT and with this new version the open torrent dialog is useless. I have two computers both running Kubuntu but with different versions.

One of them has kubuntu 14.04. On this the open torrent dialog appears but I cannot click any control on it except the bottom ok and cancel buttons. However I can move on the controls using the keyboard (tab etc). Also, on this computer, when I open the about dialog, from which I'm supposed to copy&paste here, the system section does not appear, only the top half of the first line which reads "Java 1.7.0_72" I suppose. The text is not selectable, which it should be.

On my other computer the situation is worse. That is an older computer with an older kubuntu (12.04.5). When I try to open a torrent azureus crashes. On this one the about dialog works correctly, here is the system info:
Java 1.7.0_72
 Oracle Corporation
SWT v4508, gtk
Linux v3.2.0-72-generic, amd64
V5.5.0.1_B06/4 az2
As you can see, on this one I joined the beta channel.
This is what appears on the console before crashing:
DEBUG::Tue Dec 02 12:58:49 EET 2014::org.gudy.azureus2.core3.util.DebugLight::printStackTrace::35:                                                                                                                               
  java.lang.NullPointerException                                                                                                                                                                                                 
        at com.aelitis.azureus.ui.swt.shells.opentorrent.OpenTorrentOptionsWindow$OpenTorrentInstance$32.runSupport(OpenTorrentOptionsWindow.java:3159)                                                                          
        at org.gudy.azureus2.core3.util.AERunnable.run(AERunnable.java:35)                                                                                                                                                       
        at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Utils.execSWTThread(Utils.java:737)                                                                                                                                                          
        at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Utils.execSWTThread(Utils.java:861)                                                                                                                                                          
        at com.aelitis.azureus.ui.swt.shells.opentorrent.OpenTorrentOptionsWindow$OpenTorrentInstance.updateFileButtons(OpenTorrentOptionsWindow.java:3135)
        at com.aelitis.azureus.ui.swt.shells.opentorrent.OpenTorrentOptionsWindow$OpenTorrentInstance$1.toDownloadChanged(OpenTorrentOptionsWindow.java:1508)
        at org.gudy.azureus2.core3.torrent.impl.TorrentOpenOptions.fileDownloadStateChanged(TorrentOpenOptions.java:718)
        at org.gudy.azureus2.core3.torrent.impl.TorrentOpenFileOptions.setToDownload(TorrentOpenFileOptions.java:166)
        at org.gudy.azureus2.core3.torrent.impl.TorrentOpenFileOptions.<init>;(TorrentOpenFileOptions.java:73)
        at org.gudy.azureus2.core3.torrent.impl.TorrentOpenOptions.getFiles(TorrentOpenOptions.java:429)
        at com.aelitis.azureus.ui.swt.shells.opentorrent.OpenTorrentOptionsWindow$OpenTorrentInstance.setupTVFiles(OpenTorrentOptionsWindow.java:2721)
        at com.aelitis.azureus.ui.swt.shells.opentorrent.OpenTorrentOptionsWindow$OpenTorrentInstance.initialize(OpenTorrentOptionsWindow.java:1584)
        at com.aelitis.azureus.ui.swt.shells.opentorrent.OpenTorrentOptionsWindow$OpenTorrentInstance.access$1700(OpenTorrentOptionsWindow.java:1421)
        at com.aelitis.azureus.ui.swt.shells.opentorrent.OpenTorrentOptionsWindow.addInstance(OpenTorrentOptionsWindow.java:1043)
        at com.aelitis.azureus.ui.swt.shells.opentorrent.OpenTorrentOptionsWindow.swt_addTorrent(OpenTorrentOptionsWindow.java:475)
        at com.aelitis.azureus.ui.swt.shells.opentorrent.OpenTorrentOptionsWindow$4.runSupport(OpenTorrentOptionsWindow.java:327)
        at org.gudy.azureus2.core3.util.AERunnable.run(AERunnable.java:35)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:136)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3778)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3416)
        at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.mainwindow.SWTThread.<init>;(SWTThread.java:294)
        at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.mainwindow.SWTThread.createInstance(SWTThread.java:61)
        at com.aelitis.azureus.ui.swt.Initializer.<init>;(Initializer.java:157)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
        at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main.<init>;(Main.java:111)
        at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main.main(Main.java:328)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
        at com.aelitis.azureus.launcher.MainExecutor$1.run(MainExecutor.java:34)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

java: /build/buildd/gtk2-engines-oxygen-1.2.2/src/animations/oxygencomboboxdata.cpp:87: void Oxygen::ComboBoxData::setButton(GtkWidget*): Assertion `!_button._widget' failed.
/home/soger/Azureus/azureus: line 204:  4681 Aborted                 ${JAVA_PROGRAM_DIR}java "${JAVA_ARGS}" -cp "${CLASSPATH}" -Djava.library.path="${PROGRAM_DIR}" -Dazureus.install.path="${PROGRAM_DIR}" -Dazureus.script="$0" $JAVA_PROPS $START_CLASS "$@"
Exit from Azureus complete
No shutdown tasks to do
Azureus TERMINATED.

In the meantime I figured out by myself, that the problem is with the SWT you guys supply: 4.508. I've downloaded the latest stable version from eclipse.org/swt which is 4.427 and that one works correctly.
Now the problem is that vuze keeps popping up the window to update SWT, which is very annoying. What should I do?
(12-18-2014, 06:06 AM)'soger' Wrote: [ -> ]In the meantime I figured out by myself, that the problem is with the SWT you guys supply: 4.508. I've downloaded the latest stable version from eclipse.org/swt which is 4.427 and that one works correctly.
Now the problem is that vuze keeps popping up the window to update SWT, which is very annoying. What should I do?

Can you check what version of GTK2 you have on your machines (should be a terminal command like dpkg -l libgtk* | grep -e '^i' | grep -e 'libgtk-*[0-9]'  )?  Apparently SWT/Eclipse is now requiring GTK+ 2.18.0 or higher for their 4.5xx builds.  Used to be 2.10.0 or higher.

Also, can you try 4.509 and see if they fixed it?
64bit: http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/down...x86_64.zip
or 32 bit: http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/down...ux-x86.zip

Thanks!
-Tux

Sorry for my very late response, for some reason I assumed I'll get an email notification if anyone replies.

So, your command lists two gtk packages (actually 5 packages in total), I'll copy both versions here:
libgtk-3-0 3.10.8-0ubuntu1.4
libgtk2.0-0 2.24.23-0ubuntu1.1
seems ok, doesn't it?

Also, I've tried swt 4.509 but it also doesn't work.
Now what?

BTW, I disabled the automatic update check, I do it manually from time to time.
I browsed around on the eclipse website and I found a newer swt version, this one:
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/downloa...x86_64.zip
This one works almost perfectly on kubuntu 14.04, the only problem I found is that I can't copy&paste the sysinfo from the about vuze window, but the open torrent dialog works correctly. However on kubuntu 12.04 vuze still crashes when the open torrent dialog appears.