Vuze Forums

Full Version: Norwegian (nb) translation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
norwegian translation:  escaped special characters to fix encoding problem
Hi,

Can you upload the entire updated file rather than a patch? I'm having issues applying the patch...

Thanks!
Turns out I didnt have the latest source code downloaded. Im giving it another try. This time based on trunk revision 43253.
Excellent!
Cleaned up MessagesBundle_no_NO.properties. Removed *.keybinding and unused properties + corrected a few property key/names
thanks!
Substituted Vuze/Azureus with {base.product.name} + touched up some norwegian

I tried the same substitution for some other languages, but ran into a casing issue for utf8 encoded representation.
For the remaining MessageBundle files my IDEA automatically switched the casing to uppercase representation of any utf8 value eg:

Main.parameter.maxSpeed=Velocitat m\u00e0xima de c\u00e0rrega en bytes/seg
...is being marked as changed text and turns into:
Main.parameter.maxSpeed=Velocitat m\u00E0xima de c\u00E0rrega en bytes/seg
It's the same text only with a slightly different representation!

I don't know where the lower case representation of utf escaped vales originates from, but it diverges from IntelliJ's default behaviour.
What idea is commonly used on this project?
Thanks! Eclipse is generally the IDE of choice for Vuze developers. 

The Java Properties.java class may well use lower case in Unicode escapes?
Yes, both literals encoded with lower case and upper case are equalent in this context.
Reading the documentation for Properties.java it mentions the JDK tool 'native2ascii'. Running this on my jdk it produces lowercase as well.
It seems like lower case ist he common representation and that IntelliJ defaults to uppercase.

I found an answer to this issue at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25718...n-intellij

Im attaching the rest of the files for the substitution.
Who would have thought that there would be a config option for it!

cheers
More so, who would have thought it to become a diff issue! :)
I've decided to let the UTF literals be converted to lowercase to fit the project setup. This diff will be a bit longer than usual!

I've added som missing texts for the norwegian translation - this time im adding some of the most basic functionality.
Also inlined property {archivedlsview.view.heading} and cleaned the property IrcClient.defaultChannel

Regards
Thanks! I left the IrcClient.defaultChannel values as they were because that channel name is used literally when joining IRC and we want all users to end up on '#AzureusUsers'
(03-12-2017, 04:37 PM)'parg' Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks! I left the IrcClient.defaultChannel values as they were because that channel name is used literally when joining IRC and we want all users to end up on '#AzureusUsers'

 
That sounds about right, but the danish translation reads "number of Vuze Users" wich must be mixed up somehow..
I still believe it's right to change it - or delete that line entirely :)
I ran a spell check and reworded some of the norwegian text to make it fit with latest and greatest MessageBundle!
\o/
Here's the norwegian translation used by the none ui mode!
Pages: 1 2