Vuze Forums

Full Version: Does Trust.Zone VPN hide my IP address while Torrenting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally, I decided to hide my ip address when torrenting with Vuze.
I know that my Internet Provider can see my ip address everytime. Big torrent portals like ExtraTorrent and Kickass recommend Trust.Zone VPN to avoid tracking.
I have installed TrustZone, looks ok, but how do I know that my IP address is hidden?

I use WhatismyIPaddress to check my IP, it shows Ip address of Trust.Zone, so seems to me fine. But how do I know that my ip is hidden while torrenting too?
Please help
Look at checkmytorrentip.net.  It will show you what the torrent host is seeing for an ip addy.

You'll have to download a dummy torrent that points to them, but the instructions are easy.
Oh, great!
Just checked your suggestions, everything works fine!

my IP Address is replaced by Trust.Zone VPN. I can torrent with no risk now...
Thx to ALL!
(03-04-2016, 12:43 AM)'iDowson' Wrote: [ -> ]Finally, I decided to hide my ip address when torrenting with Vuze.
I know that my Internet Provider can see my ip address everytime. Big torrent portals like ExtraTorrent and Kickass recommend Trust.Zone VPN to avoid tracking.
I have installed TrustZone, looks ok, but how do I know that my IP address is hidden?

I use WhatismyIPaddress to check my IP, it shows Ip address of Trust.Zone, so seems to me fine. But how do I know that my ip is hidden while torrenting too?
Please help

You can use VPN. Here is the of Best VPN for Torrents
http://www.torrentsvpn.com/
(08-18-2016, 03:40 AM)'Mark Tapscott' Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-04-2016, 12:43 AM)'iDowson' Wrote: [ -> ]Finally, I decided to hide my ip address when torrenting with Vuze.

Please help

You can use VPN. Here is the of Best VPN for Torrents
http://www.torrentsvpn.com/

Thanks 100%