Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user - first impresions
Thumbs Down 
Hello all,

After using uTorrent whole my life I decided to try a new torrent downloader. The reason for that is uTorrent started to have to many ads which annoyse me very. After some googling I wanted to give Vuze a try. There are 2 things that I don`t like about this program, first one: after adding a bunch of torrents at once to the program, windows with information lined up obliquely the screen, I had to drag 10 or more windows in order to reach the confirmation button. And the other problem: I left one torrent to download and others to recheck, after a while it stoped rechecking and downloading, all the torrents were left in queue. After few "force" rechecks everything worked out and the rest of the torrets were rechecking automaticaly. Overall I like the program, it will take some time to get used to it over uTorrent, but I`m staying with Vuze.
Is this the 'torrent options' dialog? You can get these all merged onto one panel via Tools->Options->Files - uncheck the box that says use a separate dialog per torrent.

Not sure why new torrents were in a 'recheck needed' state - that only happens when you add a torrent and there are existing data files (or under other disk error conditions)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELP! Extratorrent closed down! Need new search templates! LuvVuze 0 559 05-19-2017, 06:29 AM
Last Post: LuvVuze
  New Custom Search Template sudon't 6 1,088 04-05-2017, 02:38 AM
Last Post: Havokdan