12-01-2014, 09:32 AM
I've rarely had problems downloading torrents. Now I'm getting yellow smiley faces all the time. It seems to have started recently. In addition to the items below, I also have a Sprint Airave 2.5 between the modem and the router, and I live out in BFE so my connection isn't usually all that great. When I want to download, I usually turn off all other programs.
- What is your Operating System?
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.1
- What is your Java Version?
- Java 8 Update 25
- What is the exact make/model/revision is your router? (if you use one)
- Belkin N Wireless Router a44b42
- Does the router employ UPnP and MAC binding?
- What is the exact make/model/revision of your broadband modem?
- Comtrend CT-5374
- What software firewall(s) do you use?
- Firewall is currently off
- What anti-virus program do you use?
- Not using one currently.
- Which (if any) of the above steps have you already attempted and with what level of success?
- Most of them, some I didn't understand whether or not they applied to my Mac.