Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help required: Speed schedule and tags.
Hi there,

I am on OSX and I have a problem setting up a speed limit. I already came on this forum before to ask but i cannot find my previsou post, and it is a shame because the answer was there... I only remember that i needed to use tags.
Here is what i would like:
From 08:00 to 19:50 Upload Speed 10. Download Speed: 500
From 19:50 to 00:10 No upload No download
From  00:10 to 08:00 Full Speed

Thanks for your precious help.

OK, I did more "unfortunate digging".

I copied that into Schedule and Settings After creating the profiles Priority and NormalSpeed
Code:
enable=yes
daily NormalSpeed from 08:30 to 19:50
daily Priority from 00:30 to 7:00
daily pause_all from 19:51 to 00:30

But i remember why i also needed the tags. Because sometime, whenever i want, i need a fast priority download...

Please help

Thanks
http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Speed_Limit_Sched...y_Torrents  ?
Hello,

I am still here and I reinstalled OSX but I lost my settings. I did read again the wiki that you wrote for me parg, but it is not working the way i want.

Here is my speed limit and schedule settings :
Code:
enable=yes

daily limited from 08:00 to 20:00
daily pause_all from 20:00 to 24:00
daily Unlimited from 00:00 to 08:00

Here is the Unlimited profile
Code:
Global Limits
    Up=Unlimited
    Down=Unlimited

Download Limits
    None

Category Limits
    None

Tag Limits
    Manual - Untagged: Up=5.0 kB/s, Down=900.0 kB/s
    ----
    Total=1 - Compounded limits: Up=5.0 kB/s, Down=900.0 kB/s

Code:
Global Limits
    Up=Unlimited
    Down=Unlimited

Download Limits
    None

Category Limits
    None

Tag Limits
    Manual - Untagged: Up=5.0 kB/s, Down=500.0 kB/s
    ----
    Total=1 - Compounded limits: Up=5.0 kB/s, Down=500.0 kB/s

But when i tag a torrent in PRIORITY, then it is still stoped between 8:00 and 24:00
Please explain how to solve that. Thanks
The 'pause_all' rule will act on all torrents regardless of any tag settings - are you sure that you used this before or have you never had this working?

I might be able to get a way for this to work by extending the tag constraints to allow auto-assignment based on time-of-day and by adding 'pause' and 'resume' actions to the 'execute on assign' property
B18 will support execute-on-assign actions of 'pause' and 'resume' and the tag constraint language has been extended to include a variable 'hour_of_day' (along with 'min_of_hour and 'day_of_week'.

So you can implement pause/resume actions by creating two new tags called, say, 'AutoPause' and 'AutoResume' and setting their constraints to something like:

AutoPause: isGE( hour_of_day, 20 ) && isLE( hour_of_day, 23 ) && !hasTag( "Priority" )
AutoResume:isLT( hour_of_day, 20 ) && !hasTag( "Priority" )

and then right-click on AutoPause and set the 'action on assign' to 'pause', right-click on AutoResume and set the 'action on assign' to 'resume'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upload speed significantly decreases upon torrent completion. Xjaymz 10 1,496 08-31-2017, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Valtiel
  per torrent speed setting upload? jriker1 3 837 12-06-2016, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Flinxxx