Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
5.6.1.2 breaks % column in Completed Torrents? (Always 100%)
#1
I see that 5.6.1.2 (or maybe 5.6.1.0, which I only had running for a day) brings in the new "Torrent Size" column, and switches "Size" to the on-disk size. Works for me.

However, I'm noticing that in the Completed Torrents list, the % column is now showing 100% for every torrent on the list, even ones where the Torrent Size and Size differ. Before, the % column was effectively Size ÷ Torrent Size.

Perhaps this is by design, but if so it doesn't seem very useful to me. If % is going to be "percent completed" or whatever, then it should always be 100% in the Completed Torrents list, making it a useless column. Having a column that showed how much of a completed torrent's available content was actually retrieved, OTOH, was very useful.

Actually, in testing, it appears that Completed % is always 100% unless the torrent has all of its files set to "Do not download". (I discovered this because I accidentally had a torrent set that way.) In that specific case, the % column shows 0%, and Size is 0 bytes — even when all of the files are present on disk (100% completion, individually)! That's very confusing.
Reply
#2
Er, sorry, make that the "Done" column. (The one that displays "Percentage done of current task.") I guess I'd manually relabeled it to "%" because there are three different columns called "Done".
Reply
#3
Yes, there's been an effort to make most of the beginner columns for size and completion more consistent (in prior versions, some would include Do-Not-Download files and some wouldn't -- it was confusing!). The result is the main columns now consider files that are "do not download" as not part of the size/total/percentage count. This is usually consistent with what people want (ie. They are downloading 3 of 10 files in a torrent, they usually want 50% complete to mean "50% of what I want is done"), however, there will always be exceptions (like you! :) )

I've added a "Done w/DND" column for 5613 B02 (probably will be built today), which should be what you are looking for.

I've also fixed the bug you found with the 0 files/bytes. It will say 100% now.


(06-09-2015, 11:57 AM)FeRDNYC Wrote: I see that 5.6.1.2 (or maybe 5.6.1.0, which I only had running for a day) brings in the new "Torrent Size" column, and switches "Size" to the on-disk size. Works for me.

However, I'm noticing that in the Completed Torrents list, the % column is now showing 100% for every torrent on the list, even ones where the Torrent Size and Size differ. Before, the % column was effectively Size ÷ Torrent Size.

Perhaps this is by design, but if so it doesn't seem very useful to me. If % is going to be "percent completed" or whatever, then it should always be 100% in the Completed Torrents list, making it a useless column. Having a column that showed how much of a completed torrent's available content was actually retrieved, OTOH, was very useful.

Actually, in testing, it appears that Completed % is always 100% unless the torrent has all of its files set to "Do not download". (I discovered this because I accidentally had a torrent set that way.) In that specific case, the % column shows 0%, and Size is 0 bytes — even when all of the files are present on disk (100% completion, individually)! That's very confusing.
Reply
#4
(06-09-2015, 03:08 PM)'ArronM' Wrote: Yes, there's been an effort to make most of the beginner columns for size and completion more consistent (in prior versions, some would include Do-Not-Download files and some wouldn't -- it was confusing!). The result is the main columns now consider files that are "do not download" as not part of the size/total/percentage count. This is usually consistent with what people want (ie. They are downloading 3 of 10 files in a torrent, they usually want 50% complete to mean "50% of what I want is done"), however, there will always be exceptions (like you! :) )
 

I suppose, though as I said for this specific column, having it work that way in Completed Torrents makes it kind of useless — membership in that list in and of itself an implication that the "Done" value is 100%. And with the 0% bug fixed, it always will be.

Still, it's all the same to me, I'm perfectly happy switching to "Done w/DND". It's not even the first column that'll have been added to Vuze basically just for me. ;) I'll try to give one of the next betas a tire-kicking when I can.

Thanks!
Reply
#5
I was suffering from the change in meaning of the 'Done' column too - the new definition makes more sense but there was no way to easily find (order) torrents which were complete and didn't have all files downloaded because I had purposefully excluded some of them.

Thank you for adding the "Done w/DND" - works perfectly for me - and for the quick response to the op & continued development of Vuze!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vuze downloading making CPU/disk nearly 100% darkfireblade25 1 261 12-22-2016, 02:01 AM
Last Post: ekstasee
  tags overview 'properties' column Flinxxx 1 187 11-29-2016, 10:05 PM
Last Post: parg



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)