Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: Poor Meta Search

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Oct 22, 2011 4:56 AM Last Post By: newname600
I<3Music

Poor Meta Search
Posted: Jun 21, 2011 5:22 PM

Click to report abuse...
I used to use Vuze all the time for everything on my old computer, worked fine had no problems and got great search results... Now iv recently got a new computer and iv downloaded Vuze 4.6. But now when i use the Meta search i receive hardly any, if not no results to what i was looking for? and any that do come up have nothing to do with the search what so ever. Can anyone explain the reason for this? and if poss how to fix it? Thankyou.
bthirsk

Re: Poor Meta Search
Posted: Oct 22, 2011 4:09 AM   in response to: I<3Music in response to: I<3Music

Click to report abuse...
I'm having the same problem.
Been using Vuze for years on my other windows laptop - no problem, great results.
But just installed Vuze on my Mac and the search results come up with almost nothing for even well known artists. And it won't give me options to add other torrent sites to the list of sites Vuze uses to generate its results - only Vuze itself and Mininova... wtf? My other computer searches from 6 or 7 different sites.
Also very surprised this thread from June of 2011 has no answers as surely this problem is not unique to only a few users...
Hopefully someone will reply and fill me in on the problem here.
Thanks!
newname600

Re: Poor Meta Search
Posted: Oct 22, 2011 4:56 AM   in response to: bthirsk in response to: bthirsk

Click to report abuse...
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts