Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: Poor Meta Search Results

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 50 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: Jun 4, 2012 11:21 AM Last Post By: squashim
Lampos

Poor Meta Search Results
Posted: Dec 4, 2010 12:07 PM

Click to report abuse...
Hey guys,

I'm sorry if I seem like a n00b, but I have realised that the meta search for me does not work properly. For example, when I search for 'Messy Little Raindrops' it does not come up with anything music album related, but instead brings up NASA results with one of the words of the search term in it. All results with low ranking.

Wondering if it was just me, I checked on my friend's laptop who has the first hit being the album Messy Little Raindrops with high ranking and pages of the same result.

In short, I am unable to find a single programme, film or album or search which I want using Meta Search, only through Web Search do I get it. Any help in trying to change this?

Regards,

Lampos.

Nu2Vuze

Re: Poor Meta Search Results
Posted: Dec 4, 2010 4:13 PM   in response to: Lampos in response to: Lampos

Click to report abuse...
I am having the same problem! Nothing I search for comes up in the Meta search, only one or two words to totally unrelated content. My friend even took screen shots to show me how to do it and I do exactly the same thing yet it doesn't work for me. I

How can we correct issues with Meta search? When I use Google to search for what I want, it's a nightmare! And if I'm lucky to find something it seems like it will take DAYS to download!

Any advice is greatly appreciated :-)
Oompaloompa34

Posted: Dec 4, 2010 7:21 PM   in response to: Nu2Vuze in response to: Nu2Vuze

Click to report abuse...
I'm having the same problem exactly. A friend of mine suggested vuze to me but when i search for a band I like the only things that come up are completely unrelated, low-ranked articles. Help is appreciated!
bigfootballer7

Posted: Dec 6, 2010 4:13 PM   in response to: Lampos in response to: Lampos

Click to report abuse...
Hi All,

I recently found this, as I had the exact same problem. Someone was kind enough to post this on another forum.

"Start Vuze, select File->Open->Torrent File... and select the 'Add URL button'

Enter

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:GKDZHHTCKP6R2XRNWYJLRQUYE4VPLEDU

in the box and hit OK.

This will add a download to Vuze that contains search templates - they are contained in files ending in ".vuze".

When it is complete navigate to the resulting files and either double click them to install or use the File->Open->Vuze File to do so."

I hope this helps.
avalon.marie

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 8:50 AM   in response to: bigfootballer7 in response to: bigfootballer7

Click to report abuse...
I am also having the same problem, but the suggestion above didn't help! :( i can use google to search but it is so inconvenient and i often have to try multiple links.
avalon.marie

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 8:56 AM   in response to: avalon.marie in response to: avalon.marie

Click to report abuse...
Actually, I'm an idiot. I did it wrong the first time but now it's working. Thanks so much for the help!
lemay_1985@hotm...

Posted: Jan 10, 2011 4:25 PM   in response to: avalon.marie in response to: avalon.marie

Click to report abuse...
Hey thanks a million. That worked. Thanks for taking the time to share that information with us.
Kojack2011

Posted: Jan 10, 2011 4:36 PM   in response to: bigfootballer7 in response to: bigfootballer7

Click to report abuse...
Hey, thanks for your help; it worked for me. Thanks for sharing that information with us, otherwise, I would have had squat for search results.
lisajane

Posted: Jan 11, 2011 10:26 AM   in response to: bigfootballer7 in response to: bigfootballer7

Click to report abuse...
Thanks for that info and it worked.
R-1

Posted: Jan 15, 2011 11:08 AM   in response to: bigfootballer7 in response to: bigfootballer7

Click to report abuse...
Help! I tried what you wrote and stuff (I'm a complete n00b) but still, I can't get it to work, my problems is described exactely as the first guy's, and I can't get more that 100 results :/ need help now >.<
pjamese3

Posted: Jan 26, 2011 3:30 PM   in response to: Lampos in response to: Lampos

Click to report abuse...
I'm having much the same problems with meta search. When I was using the free version of Vuze, I had great meta searches. For example, if I wanted to download the episode of Fringe I'd just watched on TV, one quick meta search would give me a list of episodes and I could select the right one and pull it within 15-20 min. Since updating to Vuze Plus, when I try a meta search for an hour long TV show, I get nothing related to the show. At best, I'll get a few 5 minute character specials related to the show. And the file size is defaulted to 700MB or less (the average hour long episode is approx 750MB.) When I go thru the Google option, I get the episodes, but it's a pain going through each popup window. Some don't work and they all take longer to download when they do work.

Is this an options setting I can't find or did Vuze Plus have some reason to prevent finding hour long shows through the meta search option?
pjamese3

Posted: Jan 26, 2011 4:20 PM   in response to: pjamese3 in response to: pjamese3

Click to report abuse...
Okay, I got it to work. Thanks bigfootballer7. Your tip worked. I also found another post that does the same, but gives you even more search results. The search template is attached. Props for that go to RamonTheSpanishGuy.

It's kind of ironic that the basic search functionality I had with the free Vuze was lost when I bought Vuze Plus and I had to search around to restore that same functionality.

Edited by: pjamese3 on Jan 26, 2011 6:21 PM
raj thorat

Posted: Jan 31, 2011 8:42 AM   in response to: bigfootballer7 in response to: bigfootballer7

Click to report abuse...
Thanks A Ton...Your suggestion really helped me...Thnx again
777MPH

Posted: Jan 31, 2011 11:52 AM   in response to: Lampos in response to: Lampos

Click to report abuse...
Before I unistalled I removed the folder for the destination saves. Now it says the "destination folder no longer exists"

Never mind.. I got the destination folder working and it downloaded. Will follow the rest of the instructions.. Thanks for the help - if you don't here from me on this soon...!
tinumini

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 7:18 AM   in response to: bigfootballer7 in response to: bigfootballer7

Click to report abuse...
This doesnt work for me. After the whole process, i get the 'failed''message.
i get this message also
Downloading From :magnet:?xt=urn:btih:GKDZHHTCKP6R2XRNWYJLRQUYE4VPLEDU
Searching...
Found 0
Trying secondary lookup service
Secondary lookup failed: no sources found
Error : no sources found for torrent
kindly help urgently
justanotheruser

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 7:25 AM   in response to: tinumini in response to: tinumini

Click to report abuse...
Do you have DHT enabled? That link won't work unless you are connected to the DHT.
bodah

Posted: Feb 2, 2011 1:49 PM   in response to: Lampos in response to: Lampos

Click to report abuse...
I am having the same problem as listed by the OP, and the "fix" given here made no difference. It is only since vuze has updated that it has been an issue. I used to be able to use the meta search and get actual results, now it is completely useless and cannot find anything, even things I know are there as I downloaded before! It says it is searching the full list of sites as before, but clearly something in the new version is messed up. Does anyone have any other fixes?
Grassyknoll

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 5:31 AM   in response to: bodah in response to: bodah

Click to report abuse...
I am completely new to Vuze and not that computer literate at all. A friend talked me through downloading Vuze, I assume its the original free version as I didnt pay anything, but, for some reason we cant work out, all I can get is really low quality meta search results. I tried the fix as suggested above, it took a while to download that URL and to be honest, Im not sure if it was successful. Either way, it hasnt improved the search results. They all rank really low. As I mentioned, Im a little bit computer retarded so please excuse my very basic explanation and request, but can anyone advise on how to get it working?? Thanks a million.
imadsaid

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 7:21 AM   in response to: bigfootballer7 in response to: bigfootballer7

Click to report abuse...
hi there
i did what you posted but it did not work any other idea
ed
dellastella13

Posted: Feb 13, 2011 8:07 AM   in response to: Lampos in response to: Lampos

Click to report abuse...
As someone said earlier, I also find it not only ironic but actually kind of perverse that MetaSearch in the upgrade (even of the free version) doesn't work at all, and we are forced to jump through all these hoops to get it working again.

My theory is that Vuze made a deal with Microsoft to use Bing (you probably noticed the attempt to force you to install it and Vuze Remote when you launched the upgrade), and that disabling the MetaSearch function was a way to force us to use the search engine instead. No thanks. Quite enough of my life gets recorded by search engines now.

I'm really grateful to the people here who figured it out and posted the fix. I did it once but whatever magnet file I downloaded at the time didn't have enough templates. But the ones I downloaded today worked great.

Thanks so much. I was really tired of having to fire up my old laptop with the old Vuze software on it in order to download anything.
Lovrone

Posted: Feb 16, 2011 2:39 AM   in response to: dellastella13 in response to: dellastella13

Click to report abuse...
Hi Dellastella13,
I am having the same problem with my meta search, would you please share with me how you solved it?
Thanks
Lovrone
BOXETTE

Posted: Mar 21, 2011 4:37 PM   in response to: Lampos in response to: Lampos

Click to report abuse...
Please could someone help me?

I bought a Mac two days ago. Installed Vuze and I'm having all the same search problems as you guys have encountered.
Never had a problem with it on the PC.
Being new to Mac doesn't help either.

I've entered: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:GKDZHHTCKP6R2XRNWYJLRQUYE4VPLEDU but don't know how to change the search templates from there.

Please can someone help and break it down for me? Im desperate to get my downloads back!

Thank you
Earlydog1

Posted: Mar 24, 2011 10:15 AM   in response to: BOXETTE in response to: BOXETTE

Click to report abuse...
I am also having the Meta search problem and never had it before. I am going to locate a phone number and find out the problem! Otherwise I will go elsewhere and spend my money!!
justanotheruser

Posted: Mar 24, 2011 1:31 PM   in response to: BOXETTE in response to: BOXETTE

Click to report abuse...
robrotterdam

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 3:18 AM   in response to: Lampos in response to: Lampos

Click to report abuse...
I have the same problem. I use Vuze for several years and it worked very good. A few weeks ago I upgraded to vuze plus and I get hardly any search reslut. When I search for "U2" I get 2 results?????????????????

Help me!!!!!!!
Baystreetboy

Posted: Apr 11, 2011 12:48 PM   in response to: bigfootballer7 in response to: bigfootballer7

Click to report abuse...
Thanks "bigfootballer7"! Your solution worked for me!!
gthawrani

Posted: Apr 30, 2011 4:40 AM   in response to: bigfootballer7 in response to: bigfootballer7

Click to report abuse...
Thank you buddy,

Your suggestion really helped. I had been sruggling for days to get vuze working back on properly. Thanks to you it works fine now.

Regards
Girish
me2011

Posted: May 6, 2011 8:05 PM   in response to: dellastella13 in response to: dellastella13

Click to report abuse...
I think you are right... Unfortunately I am not computer literate enough to fix it. I have tried the suggestions (in fact the file was already there when I tried to copy and paste the new one in?). Not sure how to fix it?
I find the torrent sites myself but this is only ok for movies...not tv shows =(
me2011

Posted: May 6, 2011 8:20 PM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
This didn't work? It just came up with the movie titles etc I have downloaded. How does this create more torrent sites to search?
So confusing. Why did it work fine in the free version? Why does bing need to come up now instead of the old list of torrent sites?
Maybe they need an upgrade and fix it to give us a chance to use what we have paid for with the same ease we had when it was free!!!
Madpict

Posted: May 31, 2011 1:06 PM   in response to: bigfootballer7 in response to: bigfootballer7

Click to report abuse...
That did the trick. Thank you so much.
fletch4

Posted: Jun 3, 2011 2:08 PM   in response to: Lampos in response to: Lampos

Click to report abuse...
I have tried downloading the templates but they wont actually download and show an infinite sign in the ETA section? Any help would be greatly appreciated
IanMH

Posted: Jun 4, 2011 4:09 AM   in response to: Lampos in response to: Lampos

Click to report abuse...
Vuze has become corporatized & searches are now either channeled or blocked.

Imagine: I searched Van Morrison & I got Toni Morrison & some German stuff. No amount of tweaking helped. Not a trace of Van the Man. And yet, two weeks ago nothing was simpler.

My next move is to uninstall Vuze & go elsewhere. A real disappointment -- It's been so reliable for so long.

Ian
IanMH

Posted: Jun 4, 2011 5:29 AM   in response to: pjamese3 in response to: pjamese3

Click to report abuse...
There's nothing ironic about it. It's intentional.
thedumbatz

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 3:37 PM   in response to: Lampos in response to: Lampos

Click to report abuse...
ok i sort of figured it out. the problem is that we dont have any torrents added to our vuze. what worked for me is:
to search on the www for "vuze torrent template"
then you must search for a link which has torrents available to download, and one that compatible with your computer (mac or windows)
once you have found one, you will need to download it through vuze.
once that is done, you will need to add them individually.
what i did was do a random search so that on the right hand side of the vuze screen come a link which says add/edit.
click it.
and then click "import a new template"
once you click that, a pop up will appear with all the files on your computer.
search for the file you downloaded with the torrents, and then individually add them.
this should increase your search. it has worked for me. I now have a lot more then just 20 files when i search. so the more torrents you add the wider your search will be.
hope this helps
matt1985

Posted: Jul 27, 2011 6:00 PM   in response to: bigfootballer7 in response to: bigfootballer7

Click to report abuse...
Thanx a mil. This worked!
rockit1169

Posted: Sep 17, 2011 8:58 PM   in response to: Lampos in response to: Lampos

Click to report abuse...
Hi,
I copied the code into the Add Url box and hit Okay. What do I need to do after that to make it work? Please Help!

Thanks
Mitch
litrite

Posted: Sep 19, 2011 4:22 PM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
Sorry, but, what is DHT?
litrite

Posted: Sep 19, 2011 4:35 PM   in response to: litrite in response to: litrite

Click to report abuse...
I got the DHT issue solved but still no results in Metasearch, or very few, and none with adult content.
hawaiianflyer

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 2:04 AM   in response to: Oompaloompa34 in response to: Oompaloompa34

Click to report abuse...
Meta search not working.

Search results are unrelated . For example when I search for Ben Hur , it will show me results for Ben , same with Gone with the wind .

. A friend of mine suggested vuze to me but when i search for a band I like the only things that come up are completely unrelated, low-ranked articles. Help is appreciated!
rajumohan

Posted: Oct 21, 2011 7:31 AM   in response to: bigfootballer7 in response to: bigfootballer7

Click to report abuse...
Thanks for your support. I was having the same problem and fixed it by following all the steps. God bless you
rajumohan

Posted: Oct 21, 2011 7:36 AM   in response to: BOXETTE in response to: BOXETTE

Click to report abuse...
hi i just did this in my iMac and my problem of not having same results on both computers was solved. if you follow below exactly it will work. when the download happens as mentioned below go to the tab 'files' and click each one separately and that will install all the search engines. hope it helps

Enter

in the box and hit OK.

This will add a download to Vuze that contains search templates - they are contained in files ending in ".vuze".

When it is complete navigate to the resulting files and either double click them to install or use the File->Open->Vuze File to do so."
rajumohan

Posted: Oct 21, 2011 7:38 AM   in response to: rockit1169 in response to: rockit1169

Click to report abuse...
hi i just did this in my iMac and my problem of not having same results on both computers was solved. if you follow below exactly it will work. when the download happens as mentioned below go to the tab 'files' and click each one separately and that will install all the search engines. hope it helps

Enter

in the box and hit OK.

going grey

Posted: Oct 22, 2011 4:06 AM   in response to: bigfootballer7 in response to: bigfootballer7

Click to report abuse...
Dumb question but how do I navigate to these files
WLS

Posted: Oct 22, 2011 5:39 AM   in response to: going grey in response to: going grey

Click to report abuse...
When it is complete navigate to the resulting files and either double
click them to install or use the File->Open->Vuze File to do so."
HUTA

Posted: Oct 22, 2011 10:08 AM   in response to: Lampos in response to: Lampos

Click to report abuse...
FOR BEST TORRENT SEARCH USE "KICKASS OR BTJUNKIE". VUZE'S- META SEARCH IS TERRIBLE, BUT FOR DOWNLOADING VUZE IS EXCELLENT.

Edited by: HUTA on Oct 22, 2011 10:09 AM
Pedraco

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 2:56 PM   in response to: bigfootballer7 in response to: bigfootballer7

Click to report abuse...
Dear Sir,

I have been trying to set up the Metasearch option for a long time, but I never got good results when searching. This works now and I am very happy about it. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Pedraco
The outsider

Posted: Nov 29, 2011 11:54 AM   in response to: Lampos in response to: Lampos

Click to report abuse...
A really easy way to do this is to go to btjunkie.org and at the bottom of the page you will see Vuze template. Click on and run it. Next go to Vuze and enter 'Vuze search templates' in the search box. There will be many options, but click on exactly the same one as your search enquiry and you will see a list containing many search templates. Click on Kickass and run it, then Mininova and run that too. These three (btjunkie, kickass and mininova) should be enough.
Nazanin

Poor Meta Search Results?
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 11:35 AM   in response to: The outsider in response to: The outsider

Click to report abuse...
https://sites.google.com/site/vuzetemplates/home/templates-download

Try this site,

Some-one has been so kind to put olmost all availible templates for download.
Verry easy and fast.
Just click on download on each template and it will do so within 3 seconds. Then up to the next.

Beside the first one on the list I could download everything. Just scip the first one!
Good Luck :)
Nazanin

Re: Poor Meta Search Results?
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 11:40 AM   in response to: Nazanin in response to: Nazanin

Click to report abuse...
Thank you thedumbatz,

Your idea worked for me.

xxx
squashim

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 11:15 AM   in response to: Lampos in response to: Lampos

Click to report abuse...
Many thanks to "bigfootballer7". I spent umpteenth hours trying to solve the problem or trying other means to download movies to the Vuze but without success until I read his solution. It worked like a charm. I am immensely grateful to him.
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums