Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: No Search Results?

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 21 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Mar 28, 2011 5:47 AM Last Post By: Yodles
Knowledge Kick

No Search Results?
Posted: Nov 27, 2010 5:46 PM

Click to report abuse...
Hey guys,

I've been using Vuze for a few years now with no issue. However, I recently reinstalled Vuze and noticed that I'm getting no search results. I noticed that when I search it's only using Mininova and Vuze. I remember before I simply clicked Add/Edit and it allowed me to select a whole list of other sites I wanted Vuze to search as well. Unfortunately it doesn't give me that option this time and I'm having a hard time adding the sites. I like the meta search much more than the web search and I would love to correct this.

What should I do?
Knowledge Kick

Re: No Search Results?
Posted: Nov 28, 2010 8:52 PM   in response to: Knowledge Kick in response to: Knowledge Kick

Click to report abuse...
No one? It seems like it should be an easy fix but I just can't seem to figure it out. Can someone please help me?
charli87

Posted: Dec 3, 2010 12:39 PM   in response to: Knowledge Kick in response to: Knowledge Kick

Click to report abuse...
use vuze to download this

http://btjunkie.org/torrent/11-Vuze-Search-Templates/39522393325fc5e431137dbc984c35c4a1f34c6cbff4

then go to add/edit and import the media contained in the folder downloaded then you'll have a full search again. Easier than it sounds lol.
cienwi

Posted: Dec 11, 2010 2:08 AM   in response to: charli87 in response to: charli87

Click to report abuse...
I have the same problem, no search results. After entering search item and hit enter, there was loading wheel which keep turning forever without loading anything. Download/Upload counter at the bottom right shows 0 B/s. On the right side of Vuze which states "Search results from...", is empty and if I click "All" or "Add/Edit", nothing happens. In other words, the buttons does not function. It is very strange as previously Vuze's search was fine. I have followed instructions from several threads in this forum , cleared all Vuze's related files and logs, uninstall/install Vuze again but still give the same results. I have several Macs which I have tried on and all give the same results i.e no search, loading wheel keeps turning.

I am using Mac OSX 10.6.4 before and upgraded to 10.6.5 thinking that it might be the OS problem but still the same result. From the many threads I have read here, I concluded that it might be a bug in Vuze. Anyone from Vuze can confirm on this so we do not have to "pull our hairs" over it and just wait for the fix?

Edited by: cienwi on Dec 13, 2010 2:27 AM
SpeedRacer

Posted: Dec 11, 2010 12:45 PM   in response to: cienwi in response to: cienwi

Click to report abuse...
I think this might be the same problem I am having, sort of. I get search results but they are very small files, no where near large enough for a movie. It was all working fine when i had Vista but now with the new Windows I can't download any movies. I also have tried uninstall and reinstalling. I also have the link someone posted but still no luck. I hate to but I guess I'm gonna have to ask my 13 y/o son to fix it for me, he'll never let me live it down.
x147

Posted: Dec 13, 2010 7:59 PM   in response to: cienwi in response to: cienwi

Click to report abuse...
thanks charli87
it works :-)
add templates then click Meta Search,
i use to use 5 networks, now I use 15 :-)
sita13

Posted: Dec 14, 2010 10:35 PM   in response to: charli87 in response to: charli87

Click to report abuse...
Thankyou bery much extremely useful info and solved my issues.......
trilogyarts

Posted: Dec 16, 2010 8:10 PM   in response to: Knowledge Kick in response to: Knowledge Kick

Click to report abuse...
I've been researching like mad all over the web and i'm not sure exactly whats going on. I just purchased an imac i3 but when i install vuze and load the 11 + templates; i find that my search engine is extremely limited with hardly any relevant results. what i've found online is that maybe the new imacs are not compatible with the new update of vuze. If anyone is having the same problem please share!
Nayeli

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 2:29 PM   in response to: trilogyarts in response to: trilogyarts

Click to report abuse...
Hmm mine is doing the same thing. I have vuze on one computer in my house and recently purchased a new one so I added vuze to that too. Found only 2 search sites so I added the other 11 BUT nothing is happening. The searches are coming up with random things and none of them are usable. I mean i searched DVD and came up with literally 1 page of things such as "spain", "new jersey, united states". There was no movies, or video torrents at all. Is there something else I'm missing? It says its using all of the template searches!
trebor2009

Posted: Dec 19, 2010 10:42 AM   in response to: charli87 in response to: charli87

Click to report abuse...
I would also like to say "thanks charli87." It worked. It also emboldened me to go to my two favorite bit torrent sites, kickass torrents and btjunkie and find their Vuze templates. It was a simple matter of downloading them (which was done through Vuze), going to my downloads folder (I use Mac), and doube clicking of the Vuze file. It opened and a dialogue box asked me if I wanted to add the template to my Vuze. I did and Viola!!. My search results now include the 11 sites that the charli87 link had and my kickass and btjunkie sites.

And not thanks to anybody from Vuze. I have never had this inquiry answered from them in a thread I started. And I have read similar queries with no answers from Vuze. But, the community came through.
djp326

Posted: Dec 19, 2010 1:54 PM   in response to: charli87 in response to: charli87

Click to report abuse...
Many thanx charli87, in under 5 mins I had full download capability again :)
Languille

Posted: Dec 26, 2010 8:49 PM   in response to: Knowledge Kick in response to: Knowledge Kick

Click to report abuse...
Hey guys. Im really new to torrents and torrent downloading software. Could someone explain to me how to do this as if i were 5 years old? :) Im not that great with computers, but i have the exact same problem. I just upgraded my OS from Windows Vista to Windows 7 32Bit. I have Vuze working just fine with Vista for the past few months, but when i re-downloaded in Win7, nothing shows up when i search for something, or i get very few results. It says Mininova, and Vuze are where the results are coming from but thats it. But anyway, a step-by-step process would be much appreciated. Thank you all.
Languille

Posted: Dec 26, 2010 8:53 PM   in response to: charli87 in response to: charli87

Click to report abuse...
Hey guys. Im really new to torrents and torrent downloading software. Could someone explain to me how to do this as if i were 5 years old? Im not that great with computers, but i have the exact same problem. I just upgraded my OS from Windows Vista to Windows 7 32Bit. I have Vuze working just fine with Vista for the past few months, but when i re-downloaded in Win7, nothing shows up when i search for something, or i get very few results. It says Mininova, and Vuze are where the results are coming from but thats it. But anyway, a step-by-step process would be much appreciated. Thank you all.
justanotheruser

Posted: Dec 27, 2010 2:02 AM   in response to: Languille in response to: Languille

Click to report abuse...
pinkbubble2903

Posted: Dec 31, 2010 1:09 PM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
Aha! Yes finally got it...thnx ur post is pure genius!
BoondockSt

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 1:23 PM   in response to: Knowledge Kick in response to: Knowledge Kick

Click to report abuse...
Were u able to fix this problem because I'm having the same issue and I need to get this resolved. I can't stand the internet search.
betts23

Posted: Feb 10, 2011 3:31 PM   in response to: charli87 in response to: charli87

Click to report abuse...
Oh my god, i love you Charli87. Been trying to figure it out for ages.
then came across this. So simple. Thank yoooouuuuu x
Darwin

Posted: Feb 10, 2011 5:38 PM   in response to: charli87 in response to: charli87

Click to report abuse...
I've tried everything (templates and Add URL and so on) and nothing worked. Actually, it worsed. There's no hint of the templates suposed installed. Any solution that realy works?
dellastella13

Posted: Feb 13, 2011 8:11 AM   in response to: Knowledge Kick in response to: Knowledge Kick

Click to report abuse...
There's also an extensive thread on this called "Poor Meta Search Results."

I just posted my theory about why this is happening with what was supposed to be an upgrade.

IT ISN'T YOU, people. Not your fault. You aren't doing anything wrong.
armeniomanuel

Posted: Mar 27, 2011 3:57 AM   in response to: Knowledge Kick in response to: Knowledge Kick

Click to report abuse...
Attachment vuze.PNG (79.6 KB)
Hello..i updated the servers like charli87 sugested and no results.. anyway..i had this problems before..i have several machines and install vuze and sometimes it comes fine and sometimes it comes like this..

ANYWAY..my problem now is only this...search results only give me results for small files.

is that in the vuze configuratios?
is the problem in teh site from where you install vuze?
i updated service pack 1 for windows 7...could be that?
I also instaleed INTERNET EXPLORER 9...could be that?

j_babaria

Posted: Mar 27, 2011 3:01 PM   in response to: charli87 in response to: charli87

Click to report abuse...
hi charlie

i m new to vuze so i dont know how to add search templates in vuze, as u post the link to download those templates but when i tried to download it it is asking
for my credit card and if i tries to copy that link into the vuze it is showing no results found.

so please can u guide in how to add those templates.

thanks a lot in advance
Yodles

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 5:47 AM   in response to: Knowledge Kick in response to: Knowledge Kick

Click to report abuse...
Thank you so much guys!
This was driving me insane!
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator