Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Devices

Thread: xbox 360, mac, .m4v .mp4....video won't show up. what gives?

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Apr 6, 2011 9:28 PM Last Post By: ASchweitz
vilago

xbox 360, mac, .m4v .mp4....video won't show up. what gives?
Posted: Oct 4, 2010 6:13 PM

Click to report abuse...
Yeah i've been searching the internet and can't find a solution. i really hope someone out there knows more than me. i've been ripping my dvd collection using handbrake/vlc and using a rivet demo to stream movies to my xbox. everything was working grreat til the trial ran out...
now i've discovered vuze can do (almost) the same thing except my .m4v videos won't show up on the xbox when dragged to the xbox 360 tab. ive tried every setting i can think of. the only thing that works is changing the extension to .mp4 (why!?) or letting it convert a home video encoded in a .mov. i thought vuze supported .m4v AND .mp4? what gives????????
vilago

Re: xbox 360, mac, .m4v .mp4....video won't show up. what gives?
Posted: Oct 4, 2010 9:33 PM   in response to: vilago in response to: vilago

Click to report abuse...
anyone? could it be a check box or a drop down somewhere i'm missing? am i really that stupid?
ASchweitz

Re: xbox 360, mac, .m4v .mp4....video won't show up. what gives?
Posted: Apr 6, 2011 9:28 PM   in response to: vilago in response to: vilago

Click to report abuse...
This might be a little late, but I've been doing the exact same thing you're doing.. I haven't been able to find any solutions playing .m4v files either, but I tried changing the file extension to .mp4. It's worked so far, so if you're still wondering, give that a try.
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums