Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Download / Connection Problems

Thread: Downloads won't start

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 19 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Sep 16, 2012 11:30 AM Last Post By: LuckyDragon
Foges

Downloads won't start
Posted: May 25, 2010 11:51 PM

Click to report abuse...
Hi all- Long time torrent user, first time I've had an issue I can't figure out.

None of my downloads will start. Availability is great, and if I click "Force Start" things go just like I would expect. However, if I load up a torrent and leave without clicking "Force Start," no dice. Any ideas? I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.8, Vuze 4.4.0.4.

Any help would be much appreciated!
cyb2063

Re: Downloads won't start
Posted: May 26, 2010 12:42 AM   in response to: Foges in response to: Foges

Click to report abuse...
awesomen

Posted: May 27, 2010 1:50 PM   in response to: cyb2063 in response to: cyb2063

Click to report abuse...
I am not downloading anything. Vuze has worked fine ever since I began using it in 08?, not sure what year, but all of a sudden NOTHING is downloading for over a week. I did a speed test and Nat test. NAT test was fine, but speed test said 0 DL. I am using Windows 7 Pro. How do you "force start"? I don't find that option. Please someone help me to download. Many thanks.

Edited by: awesomen on May 27, 2010 1:51 PM
Foges

Posted: May 27, 2010 9:16 PM   in response to: cyb2063 in response to: cyb2063

Click to report abuse...
Thanks for the links Cyb, but my settings are good. I've read every FAQ/wikihelp/support article I can find, poured over this forum and beyond and cannot find a solution to this problem. I've got good health and well-calibrated up/down speeds. I'm not sure I follow why you're suggesting the "Ignore Rules" link, perhaps you could explain that a little more?

Any other ideas?
Foges

Posted: May 27, 2010 9:26 PM   in response to: awesomen in response to: awesomen

Click to report abuse...
It sounds like we're having the same problem awesomen! Interesting it's not specific to Mac... Force Start is an option when you control+click on the torrent on a Mac, so try right-clicking it on your PC.
Foges

Posted: May 27, 2010 9:29 PM   in response to: Foges in response to: Foges

Click to report abuse...
Still no answers... Anybody??? This is terribly inconvenient, I can't load in a handful of torrents and let Vuze's great queue'ing system do it's thing, I have to babysit the whole process and Force Start downloads when appropriate. I've jiggered every setting I can find, reinstalled Vuze, and double-checked my NAT settings, no luck!

Please help!!!
cyb2063

Posted: May 28, 2010 12:22 AM   in response to: Foges in response to: Foges

Click to report abuse...
Depending on the settings new downloads will not start before seeding torrents have reached a set ratio, stop uploading and free a slot in the queue.
mahonys_muc

Posted: Sep 24, 2010 3:58 AM   in response to: Foges in response to: Foges

Click to report abuse...
I too have this issue and can not fix it???????
IDABADDAD

Posted: Oct 4, 2010 2:13 PM   in response to: mahonys_muc in response to: mahonys_muc

Click to report abuse...
I have the same problems as well. Nothing will start on its own. I have to force-start each download. Somebody HELP!
Heatwave1972

Posted: Oct 4, 2010 2:38 PM   in response to: IDABADDAD in response to: IDABADDAD

Click to report abuse...
i tried downloading from the guy that has Defender Pro 5 in 1 and it never starts,
IDABADDAD

Posted: Oct 4, 2010 3:07 PM   in response to: Heatwave1972 in response to: Heatwave1972

Click to report abuse...
Its not pinned to any certain torrent download, its everthing. And its not a control issue because I reset my configuration to default values.
busstop

Posted: Oct 5, 2010 7:56 PM   in response to: Foges in response to: Foges

Click to report abuse...
same thing here... I'm completely baffled. The downloads just stay in queue and even force starting doesn't do anything.
I didn't change any network settings/firewalls and it just stopped working when I upgraded to the latest version.
I'm thinking maybe I should uninstall and look for an old version.
Anyone else?
g0m3z

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 7:35 PM   in response to: Foges in response to: Foges

Click to report abuse...
I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!

STOP ALL YOUR UPLOADS AND YOUR DOWNLOADS WILL START!!

AT LEAST THIS WORKED FOR ME!
gifust

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 9:34 PM   in response to: g0m3z in response to: g0m3z

Click to report abuse...
Stopping my uploads didn't work for me. In fact, I had the opposite experience. When my download completely stopped, I started an upload of something else and that seemed to jumpstart the downloading. For a few seconds and then back down to zero. Quite puzzling.
traviswilliams6

Posted: Nov 21, 2010 10:30 PM   in response to: Foges in response to: Foges

Click to report abuse...
ive noticed this same problem for me on my windows 7 home system; however if i leave the program running it continues to show no progress. then after a while i find the file done when i click open on the file even though no prgress is shown. then it automatically uploads to my itunes. try opening the file youre downloading after it sits a while. it may work for you as well and vuze just needs to fix a visual error. very frustrating though
Willibe

Posted: Nov 22, 2010 12:05 PM   in response to: Foges in response to: Foges

Click to report abuse...
Your problem my be a new program initiated by your internet provider to prevent torrent traffic. Visit this page to counter the issue. It worked for me.

http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Avoid_traffic_shaping
troysmith80

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 1:53 PM   in response to: Foges in response to: Foges

Click to report abuse...
Hmm, interesting thread. I'm having the same problem. I'll click to download a file, everything seems normal as i choose where to save it, etc. Then it appears in the download queue but it's status appears as "queued" and doesn't seem to begin downloading unless i right-click and "force start".

BUT, as someone else mentioned, if i go to the download folder, the file is there and it is complete, despite the download appearing to not even have begun according to the status in Vuze. So, downloads are actually happening, but the status shown in vuze is not showing what's actually going on.
troysmith80

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 1:57 PM   in response to: troysmith80 in response to: troysmith80

Click to report abuse...
Well now, wait a minute... i may have spoken too soon. I just tried running one of the files in question, and despite windows explorer showing its file size that indicates the file is complete, it will not run. I get an error from media player when i try to run a video. SO i guess it's not quite complete and functional, although explorer does show the file to be full-size.
mr6n8

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 4:49 PM   in response to: troysmith80 in response to: troysmith80

Click to report abuse...
Explorer will show the file to be full size because Vuze pre-allocates the space for the download (to insure you do not run out of space in the middle of the download.

The issue of "queueing" has to do with the settings in Vuze at and under Tools>Options>Queue.
What are max downloads and max torrents set to? What is minimum downloads set to?
How many uploads do you have running?
How many downloads?

There are other settings in the sub-categories below Queue which may also affect this.
But most likely these are the ones causing the issue. You can expand the Queue by clicking on the">" next to it and see the sub-categories.
LuckyDragon

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 7:58 AM   in response to: Foges in response to: Foges

Click to report abuse...
I have had this problem also. I found that if you change the settings to :

1. Tools -> Options -> Mode = Advanced
2. Tools -> Options -> Queue -> Max simultaneous downloads 0: unlimited =2
3. Tools -> Options -> Queue -> Max active torrents 0: unlimited =0
4. Tools -> Options -> Queue -> Seeding -> First Priority -> First Priority goes to torrents with all of the following:

A share ratio under 1:2
An elapsed time since the start of downloading <=3 hours
An elapsed time since changing from downloading to seeding <=90 minutes

PS If you change Tools -> Options -> Files -> Add suffix to incomplete files

then you won't have the problem of trying to open files that aren't finished

Edited by: LuckyDragon on 16-Sep-2012 2:24 PM
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts