Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Download / Connection Problems

Thread: NAT Error - Connection refused. please help

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Dec 3, 2009 11:58 AM Last Post By: mmore1q3
brymill

NAT Error - Connection refused. please help
Posted: Nov 8, 2009 8:03 PM

Click to report abuse...
Ok so I just installed Vuze and I have allowed the ports for Vuze on my firewall. Right now my network consists of a modem, a mac laptop connected to that modem with enabled web sharing so that all of our other computers could pick up internet connection from that computer. I have disabled both firewalls (on the mac and my computer) to weed out any port blocking problems (as well as any internet security programs) but I still cannot get my NAT test to complete. I have been looking online for a couple hours now and have not come up with a solution yet.

Please help

Testing port 49999 ...
NAT Error - Connection to xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:49999 (your computer) refused.

mmore1q3

Re: NAT Error - Connection refused. please help
Posted: Nov 8, 2009 10:47 PM   in response to: brymill in response to: brymill

Click to report abuse...
... a modem, a mac laptop connected to that modem with enabled web sharing so that all of our other computers could pick up internet connection from that computer. I have disabled both firewalls (on the mac and my computer) to weed out any port blocking problems (as well as any internet security programs) but I still cannot get my NAT test to complete.
Sounds like a strange setup...
If I got you right, you have a Mac with internet connection, a separate connection from that Mac to local LAN, where other PC's connect to router?
Or a modem with internet connection, and modem is also serving as router? Then I do not understand the role of the Mac in the story.

Most likely you need to configure the modem/router to "forward" the incoming traffic to port 49999 to your PC running Vuze.

Read section A of my Guide:
http://forum.vuze.com/thread.jspa?threadID=78768
Wefucan

Posted: Nov 12, 2009 6:52 PM   in response to: mmore1q3 in response to: mmore1q3

Click to report abuse...
I get the same error as he gets and it just started all of a sudden monday..
Never changed anything. was downloading something and all of a sudden it stopped.. seems like people with mac are getting this now.. weird.
took if off the router and opened all ports on the mac and i still get the error. what else is weird I can't ping any website. www.microsoft.com.. can't find it. but i'm able to use firefox and get on it..

I'll be home for the weekend so i'll try my other computer also a mac. thats always worked and if that doesn't work something else is going on here.
dralexsimpson01

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 4:26 PM   in response to: Wefucan in response to: Wefucan

Click to report abuse...
No I have the same problem running on XP. Any help will be appreciated
Dnice1174

Posted: Dec 3, 2009 11:28 AM   in response to: brymill in response to: brymill

Click to report abuse...
I am having the same problem, except I forwarded my port on my D-link router and my modem/router from my ISP. I have turned off my windows firewall and added vuze and azureus on McAfee firewall full access. I get the same message.
NAT Error - Connection to 222.3.252.8:14564 (your computer) refused.

Any inputs?
mmore1q3

Posted: Dec 3, 2009 11:58 AM   in response to: Dnice1174 in response to: Dnice1174

Click to report abuse...
I am having the same problem, except I forwarded my port on my D-link router and my modem/router from my ISP.
Two NAT devices? (both router and modem/router?) You need to be careful there. Read the Guide, especially the part about Double router port forward very carefully.

Double router port forwarding:
If you have both a NATting modem and a NATting router/basestation, or two NAT routers, you may need to set port forwarding in both of them. You need to set port forwarding at each router all the way from "public internet" upto your PC, always setting the forward to the next device inwards (from modem to router, and from router to PC). See an explanation here:
http://www.portforward.com/help/doublerouterportforwarding.htm
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)