Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Devices

Thread: Error:Transcode Failed

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 30 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Oct 8, 2012 7:02 PM Last Post By: jeffhobson
notacomputerwhiz

Error:Transcode Failed
Posted: Apr 28, 2009 3:38 PM
Click to report abuse...
Hi everyone
I have Mac OS X 10.4.11 with Intel Core duo processing. I downloaded an episode- however when I tried to transfer it to Itunes, the status of the episode in Itunes quickly changed to Error:Transcode failed, and it aborted. What can I do so I can transfer the episode to Itunes, and eventually my Ipod Touch. Episode is in an .avi file.
Thanks so much!!
dabbling

Re: Error:Transcode Failed
Posted: Apr 29, 2009 3:41 AM   in response to: notacomputerwhiz in response to: notacomputerwhiz
Click to report abuse...
I have the same issue - have some avi files that I am getting the "error transcode failed, no video stream found".

Just got a new iMac today and it was happening with some files before on the macbook, and now it's happening with all files. I did have them in a diff directory but have moved them back to the original directory that it was transcoding TO in the first place (had some storage probs so had moved all files off macbook onto a ext HDve but have moved them back).

Mac OSX 10.5.6 Intel core, Vuze 4.2.0.2

cheers
Anna

Edited by: dabbling on Apr 29, 2009 3:44 AM
notacomputerwhiz

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 5:55 PM   in response to: dabbling in response to: dabbling
Click to report abuse...
I still don't know how to do it- but I figured out u can use MPEG Streamclip to convert it into a mp4 file for Itunes.
Davio2009

Posted: May 12, 2009 5:16 PM   in response to: notacomputerwhiz in response to: notacomputerwhiz
Click to report abuse...
Hi there guys!, duno if uv sorted ur transcode error problem out yet but ino the answer, on the Latest Vuze Release 4.2.0.2, at the top click on............ tools > options > and then at the top of the list, mode > then it should say,

user proficiency

o Beginner o Intermediate o Advanced

click the intermediate setting and click the X in the top right hand corner to get rid of the settings > now drag across your film u want 2 watch onto ur devices xbox360/ps3/itunes > when the notice comes up for HD or SD format b4 u choose this, in the bottom right hand corner there will be a transcode box > press the downwards arrow and change the transcode to (NEVER) > then choose your HD or SD format and the films will stream in no time!!

i hope this will help people with this irritating problem as i had trouble with it at first!!

Edited by: Davio2009 on 12-May-2009 17:23
Davio2009

Posted: May 12, 2009 5:21 PM   in response to: Davio2009 in response to: Davio2009
Click to report abuse...
P.S

Ive found that AVI files run well with xbox360 and vuze, some mp4 files dont work on xbox360!

Edited by: Davio2009 on 12-May-2009 17:25
Eiwoc

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 8:09 PM   in response to: Davio2009 in response to: Davio2009
Click to report abuse...
So I did this but being stupid I told it to remeber what I did at the bottom and now its back to saying the error and the window with HD and SD doesn't pop up anymore can I get it back so I cant fix this error again?
nolar

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 7:20 PM   in response to: Eiwoc in response to: Eiwoc
Click to report abuse...
flenderson

Posted: Apr 7, 2011 5:59 AM   in response to: Davio2009 in response to: Davio2009
Click to report abuse...
hey i had the same problem but it was for music, i tried what you said and it worked for some of the tracks, but others just showed another error. "failed to copy to device" Please advise.
Cheers
Amriz

Posted: Dec 30, 2011 8:12 PM   in response to: Davio2009 in response to: Davio2009
Click to report abuse...
Thx Davio! Your suggestion worked very well--even for release 4.7.0.2
traceyrose

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 7:55 AM   in response to: Davio2009 in response to: Davio2009
Click to report abuse...
Hello All

Thanks for the advice provided so far, but I simply cannot get my Vuze movies to transfer over to iTunes, no matter how I try!

I continually get the error code 'Transcode failed' - please can anyone help?!

I am running the latest version of Vuze on Mac OS X.

Many thanks in advance.
traceyrose

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 8:00 AM   in response to: Davio2009 in response to: Davio2009
Click to report abuse...
Davio - when you say

tools > options > and then at the top of the list, mode > then it should say,

user proficiency

o Beginner o Intermediate o Advanced

click the intermediate setting

I get all of that but I do not have the option to

click the X in the top right hand corner to get rid of the settings

as there is no X in the top right hand corner - there is one at the bottom left hand corn which states the words "type filter text" - is that what you mean?

Sorry if I am being dim - but I've spent pretty much all day trying to resolve this problem and it's got me dotty!!!

Thanks and regards,

Tracey
parg

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 8:27 AM   in response to: traceyrose in response to: traceyrose
Click to report abuse...
He means close the Options window I think (on Windows there's a small 'x' top-right of the window to do so)

Can you please join the Beta Program (Help menu option) - allow the latest software to install (Vuze may restart twice to do this) and then re-try the transcode. See if the message has any more information about why it failed
traceyrose

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 10:07 AM   in response to: parg in response to: parg
Click to report abuse...
Nope - still does not work - I have clicked the NEVER box then I get the screen showing which device I want to send the movie to - but I do not get a SD or HD option - any further ideas? Have now joined the BETA programme - thanks again
parg

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 10:18 AM   in response to: traceyrose in response to: traceyrose
Click to report abuse...
Can you generate a debug.zip file (Help menu, last option, select 'manual send') and then email me the whole debug.zip file - paul- at -vuze- dot -com

Thanks
traceyrose

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 10:24 AM   in response to: parg in response to: parg
Click to report abuse...
I think I have done that now ... ? However, because I have clicked the NEVER transcode box I am now getting the error message Failed to copy to device!
parg

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 11:30 AM   in response to: traceyrose in response to: traceyrose
Click to report abuse...
right-click on the itunes entry in the Vuze sidebar and select 'default profile', change to 'ask every time'
traceyrose

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 11:43 AM   in response to: parg in response to: parg
Click to report abuse...
thank you - I have managed to do that - but still I receive the Transcode failed error ...

When I get the 'select a playback device for this video' option - what should the Transcode be there (bottom right hand corner) please? I've tried all options but still no joy ...

Edited by: traceyrose on 15-Jun-2012 11:46
parg

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 12:02 PM   in response to: traceyrose in response to: traceyrose
Click to report abuse...
'when required'

I haven't receieved a debug.zip yet - can you double check it got sent?
traceyrose

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 12:13 PM   in response to: parg in response to: parg
Click to report abuse...
ok I've tried 'when required' and it still does not work.

I have tried to send the e-mail again - have you received it please?

Thanks and regards,

Tracey
parg

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 12:34 PM   in response to: traceyrose in response to: traceyrose
Click to report abuse...
It seems the failures are being caused by

Could not open '/Users/tracey/Documents/Vuze Downloads/transcodes/iTunes/<OUTPUT>.mp4'

That is it is unable to create the output file in that location - can you check that ''/Users/tracey/Documents/Vuze Downloads/transcodes/iTunes/' exists and that you can write to files in that folder?

parg

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 12:40 PM   in response to: parg in response to: parg
Click to report abuse...
also saw

Output folder '/Users/tracey/Documents/Vuze Downloads/transcodes/iTunes' does not exist
traceyrose

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 12:44 PM   in response to: parg in response to: parg
Click to report abuse...
Oh -I wonder if it is because I am saving the movies in a folder other than the Vuze default folder!

I will try and move them to the original suggested location and see what happens ...

Will get back to you ... meantime ... thanks so very much for all of your help so far!
parg

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 12:54 PM   in response to: traceyrose in response to: traceyrose
Click to report abuse...
It is more where the transcoded files are being written to, not where the source files are located. Make sure that folder in my previous post exists - create it by hand if needed
traceyrose

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 1:10 PM   in response to: parg in response to: parg
Click to report abuse...
I realise that I may be asking too much now - but I'm not so familiar with the Mac - can you advise exactly how I create that folder in the correct place???
parg

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 1:25 PM   in response to: traceyrose in response to: traceyrose
Click to report abuse...
Well you could open up a 'terminal' and then type

cd "/Users/tracey/Documents/Vuze Downloads"
ls

if there is no folder called 'transcodes' in there then make one

mkdir transcodes

cd transcodes

likewise for folder 'iTunes'
traceyrose

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 2:19 PM   in response to: parg in response to: parg
Click to report abuse...
ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - thank you so very much - that worked!

I am absolutely delighted!

It's been a long day and I couldn't have got there without you!

What a fantastic service!

With very kind regards,

Tracey
parg

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 2:23 PM   in response to: traceyrose in response to: traceyrose
Click to report abuse...
no problem :)
samiJean

Posted: Aug 25, 2012 9:50 PM   in response to: parg in response to: parg
Click to report abuse...
Hey, I'm having the same problem unfortunately and I've looked and I have a transcodes folder and an itunes folder so I'm not sure what the problem is for the error?
nsnow18

Posted: Oct 3, 2012 5:08 PM   in response to: notacomputerwhiz in response to: notacomputerwhiz
Click to report abuse...
im having the same problem. ive tried everything, im not very computer savvy. anyone have any idea how i can fix it? i just want my music on my ipod
fpriddin

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 5:20 AM   in response to: traceyrose in response to: traceyrose
Click to report abuse...
me too??!!
Used to work OK, but now everything comes up with ths error... someone please help?
jeffhobson

Posted: Oct 8, 2012 7:02 PM   in response to: fpriddin in response to: fpriddin
Click to report abuse...
OK. . .here it is. . . guaranteed workaround. Simply trash Vuse - erase everything from your drive. However, keep any files you've already downloaded in another folder or drive. Then, reinstall (I also recommend Vuse Plus), click the option to trash the previous configuration when installing, and viola! it works!!!!!

I had the same problems you all did. Tried all the suggestions in previous threads - it didn't work - and now, since I've reinstalled, everything is fine.

Cheers!
jeff
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)