Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: how do I get rid of idiots?

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Apr 1, 2009 11:00 AM Last Post By: markmayes
sixxonesixx

how do I get rid of idiots?
Posted: Mar 21, 2009 10:44 AM
Click to report abuse...
My Norton keeps saying that I am getting attacks from "62.150.202.27" bitcomet1.09. I looked at the feeds and there he was. What does this mean and how can I get rid of this idiot? Is this a common problem. I am just new to this stuff. there were over 15 attacks in less than 2 minutes. how can I get rid of bitcomet altogether? Thanks-very newbie

Edited by: justanotheruser on 24-Mar-2009 12:33
Moved to a more appropriate location (not a bug report).
mmore1q3

...by configuring firewall properly
Posted: Mar 21, 2009 10:50 AM   in response to: sixxonesixx in response to: sixxonesixx
Click to report abuse...
My Norton keeps saying that I am getting attacks from "62.150.202.27" bitcomet1.09. I looked at the feeds and there he was. What does this mean and how can I get rid of this idiot? Is this a common problem. I am just new to this stuff. there were over 15 attacks in less than 2 minutes. how can I get rid of bitcomet altogether?
What attack?
He was most likely just trying to contact your Vuze...
Just like you are "attacking" other peers and seeds, when your Vuze tries to form connection with them.

If the "attack" comes to your Vuze port, then that is just what is expected to happen. Just configure your firewall to allow normal Vuze traffic in.

(And you should configure Norton to just drop the "attacks" to other ports, and not keep bugging you with alert windows)

Ps. How was the question related to bugs in Vuze? As this subforum is for discussion on them...
sixxonesixx

Re: ...by configuring firewall properly
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 10:54 PM   in response to: mmore1q3 in response to: mmore1q3
Click to report abuse...
thanks... Kinda new to this stuff. Thought someone was pissed off or something. cheers!
markmayes

Re: ...by configuring firewall properly
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 11:00 AM   in response to: sixxonesixx in response to: sixxonesixx
Click to report abuse...
Jeeez....someone needs to lighten up and remember the fact that we are not all 'rechies' and live with our mothers!
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums