Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Download / Connection Problems

Thread: Torrent taking too long to download

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Reply to this Thread Reply to this Thread Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Jun 2, 2013 8:06 AM Last Post By: RipperBoy Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
tina1982

Torrent taking too long to download
Posted: Jun 1, 2013 11:08 PM

Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

I have been trying to download torrents and it has been taking so long, the eta colmun will have anywhere up to 7 days or even more before it downloads, share ratio is 0.000 (don't know what it means), I don't normally see a smiley face. When I first download the Vuze program, I try 3 torrents and it work fine and fast, but now it only goes slow.

I have try to find the problem myself by looking to see what everybody else has posted, I have try some of the responses that other people have posted , but No such luck, i not sure if I am doing it right because I am still new at this.

Please Help
Would love to Start Downloading.

Christina
gazza-911

Re: Torrent taking too long to download
Posted: Jun 2, 2013 5:27 AM   in response to: tina1982 in response to: tina1982

It would help if you told us:

A) What speed you're getting
B) What your max speed it
C) How many seeders/leechers (a.k.a peers) there are on the torrents

I.e if there are only 5 people seeding then it's going to go slower than if 100 people are seeding
mr6n8

Posted: Jun 2, 2013 6:42 AM   in response to: tina1982 in response to: tina1982

There are three things that will help increase your speed:

1. Clear the network connection for Vuze - try the Help/NAT Firewall test within Vuze. If it is not OK, then use the guide linked below for help.
2. Cap upload to 80% of the upload speed capacity of your internet connection - an online speed test should be used to determine this speed. If you have not done this, then the guide linked below has a link to speed test and a calculator for setting upload and other related settings.
3. Set upload slots to properly distribute your upload for the most download back from other peers - this is part of the settings that the calculator will give you
Optimizing Vuze (formerly Azureus) for Speed
RipperBoy

Posted: Jun 2, 2013 8:06 AM   in response to: tina1982 in response to: tina1982

Christina, apart from the other suggestions that have been given to you by the other forum members, have you downloaded and installed search templates? Without these you will hardly draw any results, that and the configuring of your speed and ratio's like one of the user's suggested. Chers!!
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums