Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: Vuze: Specific keyboard shortcut not working

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Sep 20, 2012 7:29 AM Last Post By: knobbynonuts
Leman

Vuze: Specific keyboard shortcut not working
Posted: Sep 17, 2012 7:02 PM

Click to report abuse...

TLDR: The "CTRL+HOME" keyboard shortcut doesn't work. It instead acts just like pressing HOME on its own.

The long version:
A couple of months ago, while I was still using my Windows XP (x86) system, Vuze was updated. After this update I saw that the UI had been altered so that the various columns and lists of torrents simply looked nicer. However, Vuze in general seemed more sluggish to respond to any rearrangement of torrents, and the keyboard shortcut I used most simply stopped working.

That keyboard shortcut is CTRL+HOME, which should send the currently selected torrent to the top of the list. It does not. Pressing CTRL+HOME has the same result as pressing HOME. The same is true of CTRL+END acting like I've just pressed END. Now I know that my keyboard is working. I know that CTRL+HOME and CTRL+END function as normal in other applications. It's just Vuze that has this problem. Is this a known bug? Does anyone have a solution?

Please don't hesitate to ask for more information if you think it might help diagnose this issue.

knobbynonuts

Re: Vuze: Specific keyboard shortcut not working
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 3:17 PM   in response to: Leman in response to: Leman

Click to report abuse...
Go to your vuze, copy the url link, go back to your desktop, right click on an empty space there, scroll down to new,click on shortcut then paste the url link then click on next and name the new link as vuze.
Easy peezzee
knobbynonuts

Posted: Sep 19, 2012 3:19 PM   in response to: knobbynonuts in response to: knobbynonuts

Click to report abuse...
The shortcut to vuze will now be added to your desktop
Leman

Posted: Sep 20, 2012 1:03 AM   in response to: knobbynonuts in response to: knobbynonuts

Click to report abuse...
That's very nice, knobbynonuts, but what does that have to do with my question?

Either you've replied to the wrong thread, or you've completely misunderstood my question. :|

EDIT: I realised that you may be latching on to my use of the word 'shortcut'. I'm not referring to a shortcut to a program. I'm referring to a keyboard shortcut used within Vuze. Selecting a torrent from the downloaded/seeding list and pressing CTRL+HOME should send the torrent to the top of that list. This keyboard shortcut simply doesn't work any more.

Edited by: Leman on 20-Sep-2012 09:03
knobbynonuts

Posted: Sep 20, 2012 7:29 AM   in response to: Leman in response to: Leman

Click to report abuse...
Whoops sorry
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts