Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Devices

Thread: When will the updte be available to make this available to work on ps4

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Reply to this Thread Reply to this Thread Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 13 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Apr 4, 2014 11:03 AM Last Post By: parg Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
mooserocka

When will the updte be available to make this available to work on ps4
Posted: Nov 18, 2013 10:31 AM

Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
when will teh ps4 update be available. I have ps4 and am very mad i cant use vuse yet. Anyone know when this will happen?
parg

Re: When will the updte be available to make this available to work on ps4
Posted: Nov 18, 2013 10:42 AM   in response to: mooserocka in response to: mooserocka

I don't have a PS4 to test with so it will need someone in the community (e.g. you) to help try and work out what the issue is.

Is Vuze not visible as a media server on the PS4?
parg

Posted: Nov 20, 2013 1:38 PM   in response to: mooserocka in response to: mooserocka

Came across this

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5096

Sounds as if they may be considering bringing it back, perhaps you should give them some 'feedback' too...
parg

Posted: Nov 20, 2013 3:16 PM   in response to: mooserocka in response to: mooserocka

Actually, can you try the following?

1. if you don't yet have a PS3 (yes 3) icon showing in your Vuze sidebar, manually add the device by downloading http://plugins.vuze.com/files/devices/PS3.vuze (http://plugins.vuze.com/files/devices/XBox.vuze if you're trying this on the XBox One) and adding to Vuze by File->Open->Vuze File...

2. right-click on the PS3 icon in the Vuze sidebar and enable 'Publish RSS Feed'

3. go to Tools->Options->Local RSS etc. and make sure that this is enabled by checking the 'enable' box - you might want to disable the password here by unchecking the 'enable default password protection' box, if you leave the password enabled then you will need to enter 'vuze' as the username and your pairing access-code as the password when accessing the feed.

4. go to Tools->Options->Connection->Pairing and make sure that pairing is enabled - wait for an access code to be displayed there (or click the 'get new access code')

5. On the PS4 crank up the internet browser and navigate to

<pre>
http://remote.vuze.com/?sid=rss
</pre>

If things are working you should get to a (very basic) web page that has a 'devices' link - click on this. Then click on the 'PS3' link to get an RSS feed of the content you have dragged to the PS3 sidebar entry in Vuze, or the 'html' link next to it to get an HTML view of the content.

With luck you will then be able to click on the content to play it back.

Tell me how you get on...
DanDee

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 4:37 PM   in response to: parg in response to: parg

That option is not available to me, otherwise I would try and publish RSS feed.
parg

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 5:41 PM   in response to: DanDee in response to: DanDee

Hmm, try setting your 'mode' (tools->options->mode) to 'advanced' - if it the option is still missing try step (3) before step (2)
DanDee

Posted: Dec 10, 2013 3:54 PM   in response to: parg in response to: parg

Much further along, on the PS4 browser screen, received what looks to be an intended for mobile screen with a box to enter the access code received from the earlier step(s).
After entering that access code, receive a red message that reads: " Please make sure Vuze is running and accessible" . Which it should be?

Almost there it seems!
parg

Posted: Dec 10, 2013 4:15 PM   in response to: DanDee in response to: DanDee

Almost to where though we aren't quite sure yet!

We can test a direct connection to see if that works - if you know the LAN address of the PC running Vuze (e.g. 192.168.1.2) then you could type

http://192.168.1.2:6905/

into the PS4's browser - if you don't know the LAN address go to Vuze, select Tools->Options->Connection->Pairing and click on the 'view current registrations' link - this should take you to a webpage on pair.vuze.com with some information. Look for the line like:

Client detected local IPv4: 169.254.111.217,192.168.1.2*,192.168.181.1,192.168.5.1,192.168.56.1

The one with the * after it (192.168.1.2 in my case) is the LAN address of the PC

Hope that works!
DanDee

Posted: Dec 11, 2013 1:35 PM   in response to: parg in response to: parg

That does not take me anywhere, using the gateway get to the providers modem/router, but my 192.68.. returns on the PS4 with "cannot connect to the server (WV-33899-2) "
narocos300

Posted: Feb 5, 2014 5:35 PM   in response to: mooserocka in response to: mooserocka

You can't use vuze, because of the fact that PS4 has no DNLA support that Vuze requires to play on the actual system.

But if download and use Plex you can Map your Media server and verious Vuze Media Files and use the PS4 Browser to log onto the Plex Media server on the web and watch videos within the plex Browser Media Player on the PS4
zoefro

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 6:01 PM   in response to: DanDee in response to: DanDee

I had this same problem! I also followed the 4 steps suggested and still the option wasn't showing. FINALLY, I figured this out:
Go to Tools>Options>Devices.
Under Local RSS Feed there's a box labeled Create an RSS Feed for transcoded content. Check the box and you're done!
After I did that, all my devices gave me the option to Publish RSS Feed! I hope this helps. I also had the same error message on the http://remote.vuze.com/?sid=rss site. As a side note, I use a Macbook Pro.
zoefro

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 6:29 PM   in response to: DanDee in response to: DanDee

Okay so I had the same error message on http://remote.vuze.com/?sid=rss and also did the 4 steps suggested and it didn't make the option available until I did this:
Go to Tools>Options>Devices
Under Local RSS feed there is one box labeled Create an RSS feed from transcoded content. Check the box. You're done!
The Publish RSS Feed under every device of mine under Device Playback now shows.
This was frustrating to figure out so I hope this helps you!
zoefro

Posted: Apr 4, 2014 9:56 AM   in response to: parg in response to: parg

Hi parg,
I am using an xbox one and I've gotten everything to show up exactly how you suggested and I could only click on the html link of my device, the other option didn't work (said can't download file). Now it shows the name of my movies with a '- save' after it and it won't stream or open (I have to click to open it in new window and even then the page is blank). Am I doing something wrong?
-zoe
parg

Posted: Apr 4, 2014 11:03 AM   in response to: zoefro in response to: zoefro

Unfortunately I don't have an XBox One to test with, this was more of an 'experiment' - thanks for getting this far! I was hoping that the browser used by the XBox One could play the content for you when you clicked on it, it appears however that it can't :( I assume that the 'save' links also don't allow you to download the content to the XBox's hard drive? If it did then you would most likely then be able to play it from there. If there is any such concept as a 'right-click' you could try using that on the link to see if it gives you 'save as' options.
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums