Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Download / Connection Problems

Thread: Torrents do not go to Vuze

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Dec 27, 2012 2:41 PM Last Post By: thestork
bamboosickle

Torrents do not go to Vuze
Posted: Dec 26, 2012 2:51 AM

Click to report abuse...
To Whom it may concern, as of recently, My Vuze will simply not download any torrents. When I want to download a movie i click "GET THIS TORRENT" and all it does is refresh the page. I have tried to un-installing and re-installing multuple times and nothing seems to work. Someone Please help me!
mr6n8

Re: Torrents do not go to Vuze
Posted: Dec 26, 2012 5:28 AM   in response to: bamboosickle in response to: bamboosickle

Click to report abuse...
That sounds more like a browser issue. Which browser are you using?
What site are you getting the torrents at?
bamboosickle

Posted: Dec 26, 2012 3:48 PM   in response to: mr6n8 in response to: mr6n8

Click to report abuse...
Google Chrome & The Pirate Bay
mr6n8

Posted: Dec 27, 2012 8:03 AM   in response to: bamboosickle in response to: bamboosickle

Click to report abuse...
At ThePirateBay, the "get this torrent" link is actually a magnet link. It is possible that you have not associated magnets with Vuze yet.

I am not a Chrome user, but from what I have seen through a Google search, it uses the file associations of Windows (though I forgot to ask which operating system you are using).

If you are using Windows, then in Vuze go to Tools>Options>Interface and at the bottom of the page is a "Reset" button.
When you press that it will set your file associations for torrents and magnet links to Vuze.

If this does not resolve, another option is to right-click on the "get this torrent" and save the link location.
Then you can use, in Vuze, File>Open>URL, Magnet or Hash (CTRL + U) and the link copied should be in there or you can paste in if it is not.
thestork

Posted: Dec 27, 2012 2:41 PM   in response to: bamboosickle in response to: bamboosickle

Click to report abuse...
I have just had a similar problem.
I would do a search and most torrents were greyed out.
The problem was with McAfee update.
It had changed the search engine in Chrome to McAfee.
I changed the search engine in Chrome back to Google and the torrents reappeared.
PS I closed Vuze then restarted it after making the change.
Good Luck
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)