Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: How to use Vuze??

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 44 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Sep 21, 2012 7:23 PM Last Post By: infoleather
DWAYNE

How to use Vuze??
Posted: Oct 8, 2010 7:23 PM

Click to report abuse...
How the hell do I download movies off vuze even music? Whenever I try to search any title of a movie or song i get nothing. Only getting things that have nothing to do with the movie or song. This is so confusing grrr
stsforever

Re: How to use Vuze??
Posted: Oct 10, 2010 2:35 AM   in response to: DWAYNE in response to: DWAYNE

Click to report abuse...
you should get a list of torrents sites on right hand side when you click search
make sure that they are all ticked
ChaChaGirl

Posted: Oct 17, 2010 9:58 PM   in response to: DWAYNE in response to: DWAYNE

Click to report abuse...
I am having the same issue. What am I missing? Very hard to find help online. I enter a movie title into the search and get strange results. I use the " show results in" option for video and get random stuff and no movies. Tried all kinds of popular movies. Nothing is 'ticked', whatever that means. Am going to uninstall if no help which would be a bummer cause it seems good.
newname600

Posted: Oct 17, 2010 10:31 PM   in response to: DWAYNE in response to: DWAYNE

Click to report abuse...
http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/4597590/11_Vuze_Search_Templates.4597590.TPB.torrent

If the piratebay is still working go there and download the 11 search templates and install them in vuze. right now just about everone is haveing a problem. Or you may have to go to a bittorrent and search it will download thru vuze. maybe btjunkie or one of those. Seem's like some of the internet has shut the torrents down.
make sure you spell the file right like me LOL

Edited by: newname600 on Oct 17, 2010 10:31 PM
ChaChaGirl

Posted: Oct 18, 2010 10:21 PM   in response to: DWAYNE in response to: DWAYNE

Click to report abuse...
thanks for the link to pirate bay...downloaded and got a pop-up window saying: media has already been added as Azureus Vuse Search Templates.
hmmmmm....meaning???
this should be easy. ideas? i'll keep plunking away on my end meantime.
thanks!
newname600

Posted: Oct 19, 2010 7:33 PM   in response to: ChaChaGirl in response to: ChaChaGirl

Click to report abuse...
Don't you have them when you search? I forgot how I installed them my alltimer/s set in again. Run a download from btjunkies that might install the search in vuze because I did and btjunkie show's up in my vuze search don't know if thats the reason or not. And I've been updated look to the right when you search they should be there. O! I remember now open the file and click on the coffee cups (Java) 1 at a time should b 11 of them.

Lucky me I'm 74 and still above the grass
Tessla62

Posted: Jan 3, 2011 7:20 PM   in response to: DWAYNE in response to: DWAYNE

Click to report abuse...
I get absolutely NO searches that show up in mine. I emailed for help, they said they'd answer in 48 hours, that was 4 days ago. I already tried Vuze for free and it did this, now I paid $18 for it and I'm NOT happy cuz it never said it was Vuze I was paying for until it started downloading, and I already knew it wouldn't work. So is there sum setting I'm missing in there or sumthing. I never even got the choice to do all Torrents, so where do I find that? My searches just sit and spin forever! w/NO results!!
justanotheruser

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 4:18 AM   in response to: Tessla62 in response to: Tessla62

Click to report abuse...
Eh? How did you manage to subscribe to Vuze Plus without realising what you were paying for? I can only imagine you completed the transaction with your eyes closed (which would actually quite a feat).

If you had searched the forum you would have found many threads on this matter. http://forum.vuze.com/click.jspa?searchID=-1&messageID=233623
mmore1q3

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 4:53 AM   in response to: Tessla62 in response to: Tessla62

Click to report abuse...
To whom did you pay?

As Vuze itself is free, and that $18 does not sound very familiar sum for the Plus features.
http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Vuze_Is_Free

It is possible that you have been scammed, and you should should try to get your money back, if you did not pay Vuze Inc directly for "Vuze Plus" features.
http://www.vuze.com/features/burn
Tessla62

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 5:14 PM   in response to: mmore1q3 in response to: mmore1q3

Click to report abuse...
1st off, it wasn't Vuze plus I got! and 2ndly I didn't want Vuze cuz I'd already tried the free one and knew it didn't work for me so I had to uninstall it. and I searched a site for moviedownloads and I was willing to pay if it was better than Vuze. Every one I opened up took me to Moviedownloads.com and had very good reviews.(I checked up on it for 6 months and had to wait for Xmas money to afford it. It was $18) So I bought a credit card just for that reason, and paid for the site, which is billed as purchase- at -netwebsale- dot -com. As soon as the purchase went thru and it started downloading, then I saw it was Vuze. and it was too late, now I can't even figure out how to get my money back, but for $6 more I coulda bought Vuze plus, but that wouldn't work either if I can't get any searches on the Vuze free one. Anywayz, everything included in Vuze plus was what I was promised to receive for my $18 for this "movie download site". Now maybe, u can see why I'm pissed!
Tessla62

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 5:31 PM   in response to: mmore1q3 in response to: mmore1q3

Click to report abuse...
I went to those links u gave, and the first one kinda makes it look like I was scammed, so idk.
Tessla62

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 5:37 PM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
and I hear ya! I did go check out the other forums after I posted this, and that link u have on there, I did go to last night and download the things it said, but it never helped, I'm a lil computer illiterate, and sum of it I didn't understand, if it doesn't come up exactly like ppl describe. & I never saw anything, I could "tick" which I don't even know what that means, and I never get the "choices" that u all say, like the choice of "torrents" etc. and I hope Vuze doesn't have to be on Internet Explorer, cuz i absolutely hate IE and won't use it. It doesn't work for my media player or anything anyway.
justanotheruser

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 12:30 AM   in response to: Tessla62 in response to: Tessla62

Click to report abuse...
Well your only recourse is to dispute the charge with your credit card company. Hopefully you can get the money back that way.

As for using Vuze - it's up to you. It's one of many BitTorrent applications. If you decide you want to continue using Vuze then I suggest you tell us exactly what you did in trying to get the additional search templates loaded. Typically people will just say "it didn't work" which gives us nothing to work with.
Tessla62

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 12:45 AM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
Well, when I clicked on the links for those plates, I noticed they went into my downloaded files. So When I double-clicked on the files themselves to make sure, I'd get a msg that said file already downloaded w/that name, did I wanna override it. so I said 'no", but now is there sumthing I need to do w/those downloads? (All my other friends that downloaded the free Vuze, never had to do any of this, it just worked right off the bat, so I don't get that part) (and my credit card was a pre paid one, 1st one I've ever had, and I only got it to pay for movie downloads, so Idk the first thing bout disputing the charge) I did find a phone #,for that site that I haven't tried yet , and I went to that netwebsale.com and clicked "I wanna refund" as my problem, but don't know if they'll ever email me back. and the # to call is 877 843 8882, but haven't had the chance to try it yet, so idk!
justanotheruser

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 7:06 AM   in response to: Tessla62 in response to: Tessla62

Click to report abuse...
Okay, several things in that post.

As for this site you paid. I genuinely doubt you'll get any good response from them. They're 'selling' free software and party to massive copyright infringement. I'm not saying don't try, merely don't get your hopes up if your only recourse is through them.

As for Vuze. You download the search templates then you have to install them as per the instructions. Recently the Vuze team reduced the search templates included in a default install because of the issues surrounding copyright infringement. That's why you need to install these templates while some of your friends don't (because they started off with an older copy of Vuze).
mmore1q3

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 8:04 AM   in response to: Tessla62 in response to: Tessla62

Click to report abuse...
so Idk the first thing bout disputing the charge
You might ask your bank / credit card company, how you can cancel/dispute a payment. It is upto them.
Tessla62

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 11:37 AM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
I think I do have them already installed cuz that's what it says when I try to open them. Then I have the choice of these tabs: (General, sources, peers, swarms,pieces,file, info, options), when I click on options, it says TORRENT AZUREUS VUZE SEARCH TEMPLATES and below that Transfer, Do I need to change any of the numbers in that tab? or anything in any of those tabs? I have one download that says Azureus vuze search templates and another one says Vuze search templates.
justanotheruser

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 11:55 AM   in response to: Tessla62 in response to: Tessla62

Click to report abuse...
Okay, those are the tabs relating to a particular torrent. The torrent contains search templates, have you installed the search templates? they end in .vuze

If you're double-clicking on a .torrent file you've simply been trying to add the torrent again which is why Vuze says it's already added.

So assuming you actually add the search templates perform a search, at the right-hand side it will say Show results from... If that doesn't include the new templates click on Add / Edit and add them newly installed templates.
Tessla62

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 3:55 PM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
when I clicked on btjunkie.vuze it said it was already installed, so I didn't click on the rest, but after reading ur msg, I clicked on vertor.vuze and it says are u sure u want to install a search template called vertor? which kinda made me nervous, so I assume I'm sposed to click "yes" on that. huh?
Tessla62

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 4:08 PM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
I must be getting closer. I see on the right where it says "show results from" and.. add/edit, but Idk where I'm sposed to see those new templates, when I click on add, the page jumps down and Idk where I'm sposed to add them if I don't see them, but my search is still just spinning out, "brings in nothing"
justanotheruser

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 12:49 AM   in response to: Tessla62 in response to: Tessla62

Click to report abuse...
Well put it this way, if you don't allow it to install the new search templates you can't search the sites the templates are written for. No new installed templates equals no new sites to search.
justanotheruser

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 12:50 AM   in response to: Tessla62 in response to: Tessla62

Click to report abuse...
Respond to this message after you have installed the templates and then gone back to add/edit.
DougR

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 9:14 PM   in response to: DWAYNE in response to: DWAYNE

Click to report abuse...
When I go to the VUZE URL, all I get is a web page that gives me a DOWNLOAD option, NOT the page that asks for movies, or music I PAID for this and am getting nothing! DougR
DougR

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 9:15 PM   in response to: DWAYNE in response to: DWAYNE

Click to report abuse...
I'm having much the same problem...I can't get anywhere! HELP!
BLUEBUTTERFLY

Posted: Apr 25, 2011 4:46 PM   in response to: DougR in response to: DougR

Click to report abuse...

I UNDERSTAND WHERE U R COMING FROM. I CAN'T FIGURE NOTHING OUT AND CN'T GET NO HELP FROM ANYONE. I LOOK UP ONE THING IT BRINGS UP SOMETHING ELSE. I THOUGHT THISE THIG WOULD BE EASIER THAT THE OTHERS BUT NOW I'M WOUNDERING?

clarepc

Posted: May 18, 2011 4:21 AM   in response to: DWAYNE in response to: DWAYNE

Click to report abuse...
Had the same problem too, have been using Vuze for about a year on laptop, no probs and think its great to use.Tried downloading vuze on my new p.c, and it was like every one i tried to download was a fake site, when I typed in a film, it just came up with jokey titles, like someone was taking the mick lol! or would come up with titles not related. I even tried clicking on the proper link! I did eventually give up and found I could download a torrent and then using pirate bay to do the job, though not as nice and easy as Vuze. So Im guessing its either very difficult to download nowadays or maybe there are other things we are supposed do as well, but then im a relative newbie to computers and have a shocking ablitity to retain information lol
lesrox77

Posted: Oct 26, 2011 8:07 PM   in response to: Tessla62 in response to: Tessla62

Click to report abuse...
Is Vuze Plus free? If it isn't how long is the download for just the Vuze?
Russel18

Posted: Oct 28, 2011 1:52 PM   in response to: lesrox77 in response to: lesrox77

Click to report abuse...
its seems to be difficult if there are many ways to use the Vuse, but that was diificult to explain.
DAVIL

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 4:09 AM   in response to: Russel18 in response to: Russel18

Click to report abuse...
Im really not even interesed in downloading movies. I just want to download music. I had vuse installed on my old laptop, i get a new one, install the program, and now nothing works like it use to. I get a bunch of crappy results when I search for well known songs...even songs that are years old by now. I just want to know how to do the simple things, and everything seems way too confusing. Please help!
leighleigh

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 6:26 PM   in response to: DAVIL in response to: DAVIL

Click to report abuse...
HOW TO GET MUSIC OFF IN VUZE:

Click this:

http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/4597590/11_Vuze_Search_Templates.4597590.TPB.torrent

When it shows up at the bottom of your screen right click and choose show in folder so you know where its saved on your computer

Go to vuze, on the right side where it says "show results from..." and gives you the 3 sites, go to "Add/Edit" below those, click Browse and find where that torrent folder was saved. Then just individually add the 11 torrent files.

Then your music searches will search all of those additional sites.

Edited by: leighleigh on Nov 23, 2011 6:28 PM
spiderturd

Posted: Dec 22, 2011 11:43 AM   in response to: DWAYNE in response to: DWAYNE

Click to report abuse...
everyone go here https://sites.google.com/site/vuzetemplates/home/templates-download scroll down you got about 18 templates download them
steffytailor

Posted: Dec 24, 2011 3:17 AM   in response to: DWAYNE in response to: DWAYNE

Click to report abuse...
Vuze is a powerful BitTorrent application, used for transferring of files through BitTorrent Protocol. This application has been written in Java and uses Azureus Engine. You can use Vuze application very easily after you download vuze app.You can download it from any reasonable sites. And if you want some more details on it, then follow the below link : http://www.downloadvuze.biz
adrian_bytes

Posted: Dec 24, 2011 8:12 AM   in response to: DWAYNE in response to: DWAYNE

Click to report abuse...
My post was related to your question, however I realised that I was better to start off a new thread in the open support forum instead of hijacking yours

Cheers

Edited by: adrian_bytes on 24-Dec-2011 12:14
d415y

Posted: Dec 26, 2011 9:50 AM   in response to: DWAYNE in response to: DWAYNE

Click to report abuse...
Ok, so I've figured out if you search a user on your regular internet provider (I use axxo for movies), search that page for the movie you are looking for then download it using vuze, it will work. So go to Google, in the search bar type axxo , go to that page and search for the movie you want.

Try the following link:

http://axxomovies.org/

However, I have not found a way to download music as of yet. Still working on it.
mr6n8

Posted: Dec 26, 2011 10:16 AM   in response to: d415y in response to: d415y

Click to report abuse...
You can go to any torrent search site and use Vuze to open a torrent and transfer the associated content.
Google is not the best way to search for content. You want to use a site that has a comments and/or rating system to help you avoid fakes.
There is plenty of music out there.
Some good sites listed here:
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/searching-torrents.htm

You can also add sites in to the Vuze meta search and search from within Vuze.
I posted some working templates here for others to download and use:
https://sites.google.com/site/vuzetemplates/home/templates-download
WHYNOWTHEN

Posted: Dec 31, 2011 12:44 PM   in response to: DWAYNE in response to: DWAYNE

Click to report abuse...
1. configurate Vuse and test that NAT/firewall is ok obs 3 level newbie ,medium,expert if you change
level you might have configurate again. look under help.
2. google "imdp" for correct tile on movies

3. use movie titel and google and should get sites that is free to downloud from

4. i have piratebay, tankafetast and tankaner that have swesub ,swedishsites , you have to seerch and
read if its ok save as downloudsites
Em Jones1988

Posted: Jan 7, 2012 8:28 AM   in response to: DWAYNE in response to: DWAYNE

Click to report abuse...
https://sites.google.com/site/vuzetemplates/home/templates-download

i downloaded these templates and it fixed all my problems..go down t bottom of page. it worked straight away :)
TheHoboWithASho...

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 11:20 PM   in response to: DWAYNE in response to: DWAYNE

Click to report abuse...
Try going onto http://www.torrentresource.com/ it is also a torrent site
webcreations

Posted: Apr 26, 2012 4:31 AM   in response to: DWAYNE in response to: DWAYNE

Click to report abuse...
you can post here your replies or new posts ..
richardbell1

Posted: Apr 26, 2012 7:57 AM   in response to: DWAYNE in response to: DWAYNE

Click to report abuse...
Thanks a lot friends for sharing your useful opinions and suggestions it would be very helpful for newbies like me..

plucka74

Posted: Jul 11, 2012 4:28 AM   in response to: DWAYNE in response to: DWAYNE

Click to report abuse...
I'm stuck too this is the only way I can work out how to write a question on here, I've gone into Vuze program and typed in a program I want to search for and all that comes up is websites about the show and that's it, I can't get it to anything else have I just wasted my money
ryan.scott1991

Posted: Aug 4, 2012 2:25 PM   in response to: DWAYNE in response to: DWAYNE

Click to report abuse...
what sites do i use to download from vuze and how do i use vuze to download movies
mr6n8

Posted: Aug 4, 2012 3:23 PM   in response to: ryan.scott1991 in response to: ryan.scott1991

Click to report abuse...
You search at torrent search sites for content you want.
When you find content, you download a small file, the "torrent", associated with the content.
When the torrent is opened in Vuze transfer of the content you want begins.

Some sites to search at and info here: Searching for Torrents (Best Free Torrent Search Sites)
pennycross

Posted: Sep 10, 2012 8:54 AM   in response to: mr6n8 in response to: mr6n8

Click to report abuse...
So I was recently made aware of Vuze.com to download movies and what not ect....

So I downloaded the vuze.com software and searched, to start, the Movie Cars on kat.ph. The movie had downloaded and is sitting in my box on vuze.com. However, I cannot open it. It is an .avi file and I am using a MAC. Any ideas what is going on?

Sorry for the vague information but just not computer savvy and just trying to find a way to download some movies for my children to watch.

Thanks in advance
infoleather

Posted: Sep 13, 2012 7:05 PM   in response to: pennycross in response to: pennycross

Click to report abuse...
When I click on the "Add" page jump and the IDK, I sposed add them, if I do not see them. After wearing the Women Brown Leather Fur Jacket, you will feel as hot as you would appear in the short dresses; it is the hottest new trend in cwmalls.com that will work for your wardrobe and your personality too.

Edited by: infoleather on Sep 21, 2012 7:23 PM
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)