Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Download / Connection Problems

Thread: Vuze with BTGuard downloads not working on Mac

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Apr 7, 2012 5:52 PM Last Post By: wealthychef
crismemo

Vuze with BTGuard downloads not working on Mac
Posted: Dec 4, 2011 2:38 PM

Click to report abuse...
I just paid for BTGuard to use with Vuze on my Mac, now the torrent downloads do not work.

I configured Vuze according to the specific instructions from BTGuard, and I also setup port forwarding on my router, but still no joy (Mac has static IP address).

Any help much appreciated.

Mac OS X v10.7.2
Mac with static IP address
1 router only, Netgear CG3100

Many thanks
mr6n8

Re: Vuze with BTGuard downloads not working on Mac
Posted: Dec 4, 2011 2:54 PM   in response to: crismemo in response to: crismemo

Click to report abuse...
I do not use BTGuard, but saw this in their FAQ:

"Can I configure my router to connect to the VPN?
Yes, but this all depends on your router. If your router support PPTP or OpenVPN, it should be quite possible if you follow the instructions for your specific router. "

Since you mentioned port forwarding your router, I thought this might be the issue.
porceleindoll

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 12:45 AM   in response to: crismemo in response to: crismemo

Click to report abuse...
I am having the same problem and I am so frustrated, have been working on it for a few hours now. I got BTGuard last week and all was fine, but then today, nothing is working with it, and I have no clue what to do. I get the message Connection Error: Timeout, earlier it was something about Socks5...any advice would be great. Utorrent is working just fine on my mac, but of course, BTguard doesn't work with Utorrent on Mac...so...any advice would be great!
JackonCrack

Posted: Jan 10, 2012 11:44 PM   in response to: porceleindoll in response to: porceleindoll

Click to report abuse...
Same error! (Using Mac(10.7) /Vuze/BTGuard)

Are you still getting this error?
nei0angei0

Posted: Mar 30, 2012 4:17 PM   in response to: JackonCrack in response to: JackonCrack

Click to report abuse...
same issue, or I can get it to work but not with all files. POS IMHO. I may try another service after the month is up if I don't abandon it entirely.
wealthychef

Posted: Apr 7, 2012 5:52 PM   in response to: crismemo in response to: crismemo

Click to report abuse...
I gave up on Vuze -- never got some torrents working. Found a client called Deluge which also supports proxies and it seems to be working fine for the same torrents and gets much better speeds. Vuze also is just a piece of junk -- it is a memory hog etc.
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums