Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: Intaller Not Running

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 22 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Jan 24, 2012 4:55 AM Last Post By: downpantera
downpantera

Intaller Not Running
Posted: Jan 5, 2012 7:40 AM

Click to report abuse...
When I open up Vuze, a pop-up atumatically opens requiring an update. It says in the release it addresses performance and stability issues. If I X out of this pop up, the program shuts down. If I click "update now" The install4j wizard opens. Upon oening a bar begins to fill with a bright green line. About 80% full, it freezes and no matter how much time is given nothing ever happens. This issue has rendered this program useless since it won't run without the update, but won't update on it's own. Any help as to how to remedy this issue???

Thanks!
Mike
parg

Re: Intaller Not Running
Posted: Jan 5, 2012 2:35 PM   in response to: downpantera in response to: downpantera

Click to report abuse...
Have you tried grabbing the full installer from http://www.vuze.com/ and over-installing? (don't uninstall the previous version, just go ahead and re-install)
downpantera

Posted: Jan 6, 2012 9:39 AM   in response to: parg in response to: parg

Click to report abuse...
I did try that, same issue arises.
parg

Posted: Jan 6, 2012 2:08 PM   in response to: downpantera in response to: downpantera

Click to report abuse...
strange - you're the only person I know of with this issue - couple of things to try:

1) ensure that your browser isn't caching a corrupt version of the installer (i.e. make sure you download a new copy of the installer before running)
2) check your hard disk for errors
dubster45

Posted: Jan 8, 2012 1:18 AM   in response to: parg in response to: parg

Click to report abuse...
I am having same EXACT problem.
shannons

Posted: Jan 8, 2012 3:31 PM   in response to: parg in response to: parg

Click to report abuse...
This is happening to me as well, and from the searches I've done, others as well. I can't get past the problem to use the program, when the install4j wizard freezes my only option is to cancel or close the dialogue box which then closes the program. Frustrating!
downpantera

Posted: Jan 9, 2012 6:21 AM   in response to: parg in response to: parg

Click to report abuse...
Neither of those seem to be the issue. Any other suggestions?
MrsJoJo

Posted: Jan 10, 2012 7:18 AM   in response to: downpantera in response to: downpantera

Click to report abuse...
Has anyone found a fix for this? I am also having the same problem and have been unable to resolve it.
cptbuzzbomb

Posted: Jan 10, 2012 2:42 PM   in response to: downpantera in response to: downpantera

Click to report abuse...
same issue here have tried just about everything i can think of and i can't seem to get it going
TuxPaper

Posted: Jan 12, 2012 10:15 AM   in response to: downpantera in response to: downpantera

Click to report abuse...
Can someone supply a screenshot of it being stuck at 80%? I don't even see a green bar (could be a different OS theme that you) when installing, so a visual might help

-Tux
RockiRomo

Posted: Jan 12, 2012 2:35 PM   in response to: downpantera in response to: downpantera

Click to report abuse...
Attachment Untitled.png (234.5 KB)
I'm running Windows 7 and I'm getting the same issue - screenshot provided
parg

Posted: Jan 12, 2012 2:52 PM   in response to: RockiRomo in response to: RockiRomo

Click to report abuse...
is your network disconnected? if so it might be worth running with it connected as the installer does do some logging.
TuxPaper

Posted: Jan 12, 2012 3:00 PM   in response to: RockiRomo in response to: RockiRomo

Click to report abuse...
RockiRomo wrote:
I'm running Windows 7 and I'm getting the same issue - screenshot provided

When it's stuck on this screen, can you go to your temp directory (type %TEMP% in file explorer) and look for a i4j_nlog_2 file and attach it here?

It looks like it's not even getting to our installer screens, but is stuck on the install4j setup part. :(
RockiRomo

Posted: Jan 12, 2012 3:39 PM   in response to: TuxPaper in response to: TuxPaper

Click to report abuse...
Attachment i4j_nlog_2 (8.2 KB)
I located the file and attached it here
TuxPaper

Posted: Jan 12, 2012 4:16 PM   in response to: RockiRomo in response to: RockiRomo

Click to report abuse...
RockiRomo wrote:
I located the file and attached it here

Thanks.

Could you save the vuze installer to your desktop (or some other location), and then run it? Right now it looks like you are running it from within IE (no idea if this is part of the problem). With luck, running it from desktop will create and error.log file on the desktop, and that might provide us with more information. There will also be a i4j_log_Vuze_<some long number>.log in the temp (the same place you found the i4j_nlog_2.

fwiw, the file you attached told me everything was going fine, but it just never got to point where it showed the first window
RockiRomo

Posted: Jan 12, 2012 4:28 PM   in response to: TuxPaper in response to: TuxPaper

Click to report abuse...
Attachment error.log (13.9 KB)
Attachment i4j_log_Vuze_61106.log (5.1 KB)
That's what I thought when I looked at the log...but still it's been a no go.

I've attached the error file as well as the other one
downpantera

Posted: Jan 13, 2012 4:13 AM   in response to: downpantera in response to: downpantera

Click to report abuse...
Here are my files after saving the installer to the desktop and running.
downpantera

Posted: Jan 13, 2012 9:30 AM   in response to: downpantera in response to: downpantera

Click to report abuse...
Attachment error.log (1.9 KB)
Here is my error log.
TuxPaper

Posted: Jan 13, 2012 9:56 AM   in response to: RockiRomo in response to: RockiRomo

Click to report abuse...
RockiRomo wrote:
That's what I thought when I looked at the log...but still it's been a no go.

I've attached the error file as well as the other one

Updating Java should fix the problem for you http://www.java.com/getjava/
(for the curious, you got bit by the bug here: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do;jsessionid=d8236c328fcf3ffffffffd11593efc7e5683?bug_id=6337517 )
TuxPaper

Posted: Jan 13, 2012 9:57 AM   in response to: downpantera in response to: downpantera

Click to report abuse...
downpantera wrote:
Here is my error log.

hmm, you have a different error and are on a pretty recent Java version. Can you try updating Java anyway, and hope for the best? :) http://www.java.com/getjava/
downpantera

Posted: Jan 16, 2012 2:04 PM   in response to: TuxPaper in response to: TuxPaper

Click to report abuse...
The Java update did not help. Anything else I can do??
cptbuzzbomb

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 2:02 PM   in response to: downpantera in response to: downpantera

Click to report abuse...
Attachment error.log (2.6 KB)
any ideas ? i noticed my error log is different anything i can do?
downpantera

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 4:55 AM   in response to: downpantera in response to: downpantera

Click to report abuse...
This is a serious problem, as the program won't run. Is anyone at Vuze working on a fix??? How about a way to disable the auto-update? Please help!
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums