Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Open Development

Thread: Vuze 4.7.0.0 Released

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 20 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Dec 24, 2011 9:06 AM Last Post By: char
nolar

Vuze 4.7.0.0 Released
Posted: Sep 22, 2011 7:59 PM
Click to report abuse...
We've just pushed a new Vuze client release, v4.7.0.0.

You can run the installer from http://www.vuze.com/ to upgrade to the latest version, or wait for the auto-upgrade to roll out over the coming days.

2011.09.21 | Vuze 4.7.0.0

FEATURE: Device | Improved Device Playback support: improved compatibility and many new devices added
CHANGE: Core | Moved some device detection code out of core
CHANGE: Plug | Removed IView, AbstractIView, SWTManager and other deprecated plugin APIs
CHANGE: Device | Button for "Do Not Transcode"
CHANGE: Device | Sidebar icon for devices that supply one
CHANGE: UI | Switched all views using IView to UISWTVIew
CHANGE: UI | Moved all non UI table refreshing code out of SWT thread (should result in faster UI)
CHANGE: Misc | Removed various left over and unused code (saved a measly 200k)
BUGFIX: Core | Fix OSX Lion problems
drewbrown

Re: Vuze 4.7.0.0 Released
Posted: Sep 23, 2011 4:51 PM   in response to: nolar in response to: nolar
Click to report abuse...
This announcement says many new devices have been added for playback support, and indeed my Roku player is now showing up under Supported Devices, but is there actually a way to stream Vuze content from my computer to my Roku player? I can't figure it out. I've been hoping for the feature for months!
Mikal

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 2:30 AM   in response to: nolar in response to: nolar
Click to report abuse...
Attachment WTF.PNG (344.8 KB)
Where are the downloads? I'm being redirected to the Bing search page results and under META there aren't ANY related results. WTF?
Dissonance

Posted: Oct 1, 2011 5:56 PM   in response to: nolar in response to: nolar
Click to report abuse...
I can't figure out how to select only certain files to download! Only to be able to turn the entire torrent on and off! Is there a way that's not obvious? I have SO many torrents that are part-way through! frustrated
Dissonance

Posted: Oct 1, 2011 6:14 PM   in response to: Dissonance in response to: Dissonance
Click to report abuse...
Okay, figured it out! Highlight, ctrl-click and select the priority.. Thank goodness for that! :)
Heavymex

Posted: Oct 2, 2011 2:04 AM   in response to: Dissonance in response to: Dissonance
Click to report abuse...
what do you use to stream it on Roku ? is there a certain channel ? once it converts how do you stream ?
Heavymex

Posted: Oct 2, 2011 7:02 PM   in response to: drewbrown in response to: drewbrown
Click to report abuse...
Did you find a way to stream it to your Roku player ? Im lost
goodiejar

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 5:17 PM   in response to: nolar in response to: nolar
Click to report abuse...
I am coming across the same problem as Mikal. I search and extremely few results are shown. Is there something I can do to fix this? My meta search brings up only a handful or results that are not what I am looking for. Thanks
Iwantstuff

Posted: Oct 11, 2011 8:03 PM   in response to: nolar in response to: nolar
Click to report abuse...
Since the most recent update, I cannot get my Mac to find XBOX360 on Vuze. Can you please help me try to trouble shoot this please?
MyCisa

Re: Vuze 4.7.0.0 Released / Roku
Posted: Oct 18, 2011 7:28 PM   in response to: nolar in response to: nolar
Click to report abuse...
I also cannot figure out how to get anything to actually stream via the roku. I have converted them to play on it but I can't find where on my roku to play them. Do i need a specific channel? Please help!
fayeus1

Posted: Nov 3, 2011 7:26 AM   in response to: Heavymex in response to: Heavymex
Click to report abuse...
You have to pu the movie on a Flash Drive and use the slot on the back of your Roku Player to plug it into. Instead of going to Netflix or whatever, you go to Play USB which is in theRoku menu,then it will pull up movies that are on your Flah Drive and you choose the movie you want to play. Usually 2 movie will fit on a 4GB Flash Drive.
jaydubya

Posted: Nov 8, 2011 2:15 PM   in response to: drewbrown in response to: drewbrown
Click to report abuse...
I have the Roku with version

Java 1.6.0_29
Sun Microsystems Inc.
SWT v3802, win32
Windows 7 v6.1, x86
V4.7.0.0/4 az3

it is the base model unit. I have the new VUZE and can see the Roku box as a device and the movies have been transcoded to the format I want.

I see a lot on this subject but no one explains the way you connect a vuze PC to a Roku box. If anyone has this working let me know how please.

I would love to be able to play discs in my pc onto the tv via vuze. Is there a channel I need to add to the Roku ( I have the latest Roku update from Oct 2011) I am sure I am close but I can figure out the last step(s).
detailed answers would be preferred over the myriad of links and goto this webpage answers I have found so far.
richmob@tpg.com...

Posted: Nov 15, 2011 6:05 PM   in response to: jaydubya in response to: jaydubya
Click to report abuse...
Hi, Just wondered if you had any success with the Roku streaming? It sounds like a good thing if it will work.
jaydubya

Posted: Nov 16, 2011 6:24 PM   in response to: nolar in response to: nolar
Click to report abuse...
Has anyone from Vuze answered the question of how to stream...I have the latest version of vuze and see the roku, i have roconnect on the roku channels. I cannot stream is there a thread that show how this is done? is anyone at vuze reading this I see a lot of questions but zero answers or refferals to answers.
glenpitt

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 3:12 AM   in response to: nolar in response to: nolar
Click to report abuse...
Nolar,
I am a firm believer of the old saying: “If it isn’t broken don’t fix it”.

I have had an account with Vuze since 2007. Back then and up to two months ago, I enjoyed the services that Vuze delivered to its customers. Having been satisfied with the old version of Vuze, I thought that version 4.6.0.2 must be superior. Well… I have never had such distasteful movie downloading experience after downloading that version. My question is this, Nolar: What guarantees are there that 4.7.0.0 is the version to aim for and that these improvements will perform as advertised?

glenpitt
sherlock47

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 6:34 PM   in response to: nolar in response to: nolar
Click to report abuse...
Any new on Roku? I see lots of folks with the same question and no answer. Once again, is there a special channel? I know I can put the file on a flash drive, but that's not the point. I can also play files on my PS3 but I like the idea of one device for gaming and one for streaming. Vuze is great, I'm sure they didn't put a Roku option just for show, so how do we use it?
drumblanket

Posted: Nov 28, 2011 10:22 AM   in response to: nolar in response to: nolar
Click to report abuse...
Attachment fuck-you-guys.jpg (78.6 KB)
I Am very pissed..... why do they fix things that arent broken??
i get NO results anymore and why is the Meta search NOT the default anymore???
OH .... because you decided to take away all the torrent sites you searched and now its up to the user to use fucking BING....
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT???!!!!!!
i want it back the way it used to be..... this always happens..... find an excellent torrent engine.... and within a few years they turn into suck...
im especially pissed since i PAYED for vuze plus ... so you hooked me in with a great service.... and after ive payed for it... you fucking take away all that is good about your service.....
I HATE IT ....... fix it back to the way it was.... yeah blah blah blah better device playback... which... all ive noticed is faster transcoding....
as far as better goes its not... i still have problems with videos stuttering from time time.. actually MORE so than before...
make it right or GTFO!!!
mr6n8

Posted: Nov 28, 2011 11:58 AM   in response to: drumblanket in response to: drumblanket
Click to report abuse...
You can add search templates to the Meta Search.
I found some and they are available here
https://sites.google.com/site/vuzetemplates/home/templates-download
jeffmag

Posted: Nov 29, 2011 9:04 AM   in response to: sherlock47 in response to: sherlock47
Click to report abuse...
Still hoping to hear some news on this, too. Nothing so far.
penirns

Posted: Dec 6, 2011 1:40 AM   in response to: nolar in response to: nolar
Click to report abuse...
It's cool..
char

Posted: Dec 24, 2011 9:06 AM   in response to: drumblanket in response to: drumblanket
Click to report abuse...
Yes....I agree.....Ive paid for Vuze plus also, luved it for downloads but now its all fcked up since the new update. I am having a problem with very low download speeds and do not know how to speed them up. Ive tried everything but nothing works. If there is someone out there who could give me some advice, this girl would b very pleased.Ive got the torrent problem solved as someone was kind enough to give a site with a great many of the ones that I use to use. Now if I could only get some speed on the downloads
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums