Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Open Development

Thread: interface instability with Mac OS 10.4

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Oct 18, 2011 5:03 PM Last Post By: Qy3bDf5
mongpa

interface instability with Mac OS 10.4
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 2:17 PM

Click to report abuse...
With the introduction of Vuze 4.7.0.1b01 there has been a problem with the interface on Mac OS 10.4. Specifically, the problem is with the listing of incomplete and complete torrents in the Vuze library. The listing disappears from time to time. This happens very frequently without apparent reason but often when Vuze is switched to the background and then the foreground again. It happens particularly under the following conditions.

1) Choose Vuze classic interface
2) In the "Incomplete" torrents pane of the library, click twice on "Down Speed".
3) In the "Complete" torrents pane, click twice on "Up Speed".
4) Continue using Vuze normally.

Usually a whole panel or both disappear. Sometimes just one or several lines disappear, and occasionally a column or just a few cell values disappear. When items disappear, to get them back I close the "Torrents" window and open it again. This always works for a while.

The problem is not so severe as to stop me using Vuze. It is annoying enough, though, that the user may want to change to another client. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Materials used:
Macintosh OS 10.4.11
PowerBook G4 1.25 GHz
2 GB RAM
Vuze classic interface
wraithenwind

Re: interface instability with Mac OS 10.4
Posted: Oct 14, 2011 9:20 PM   in response to: mongpa in response to: mongpa

Click to report abuse...
I got the same issue Mac OS 10.4.11, disappearing torrent view, and jumbling in the cursor space...

I will try the double clicks in upseed/downspeed....

but the only consistent answer I have found is to double click in the spot the torrent should be and a tab will open- that tab is a page with all the downloading files' info... also- in the tab bar -the percentage of ongoing successful download precedes the title. the important part!

Mac OS 10.4.11
PowerPC 1.33 GHz
1 GB DDR SDRAM
Vuze Classic
Qy3bDf5

Re: interface instability with Mac OS 10.4
Posted: Oct 18, 2011 5:03 PM   in response to: mongpa in response to: mongpa

Click to report abuse...
Try tweaking your Java VM memory allocation. With a two gigabytes of installed RAM and the latest Apple version of Java you could be bottlenecked by the Java VM itself. The default settings may be too low depending on how many torrents you have active. You could increase the default heap memory to at least 128 MB.
http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Java_VM_memory_usage
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)