Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: Torrent sites

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 20 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Jan 31, 2012 4:21 AM Last Post By: sgtsmokstax
deanhutton

Torrent sites
Posted: Jan 6, 2011 10:07 PM

Click to report abuse...
I have recently brought a new laptop and downloaded vuze onto it. when i went to use it the program it would only show results from 2 torrent sites (vuze and minirova )when i had it on my old laptop it showed results from 5 sites including piratebay and bttorrent.. can anyone tell me how to add these on vuze as i have tried through the add/edit function but can't seem to do it
Looneytunes

Re: Torrent sites
Posted: Jan 7, 2011 1:55 PM   in response to: deanhutton in response to: deanhutton

Click to report abuse...
I'm having the same problem. I had downloaded Vuse back in August and had 6-8 torrents now I only have 2 (vuse) (mininova) how do i get the others back? Is this ever going to get addressed

thanks
Calebjeavons

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 3:20 PM   in response to: deanhutton in response to: deanhutton

Click to report abuse...
i'm having the same prob i downloaded it yesterday and ive done everything i could on my own but it only shows (mininova and vuze) can someone please help with this problem
drhet58

Posted: Jan 9, 2011 3:24 AM   in response to: deanhutton in response to: deanhutton

Click to report abuse...
It would be nice to get a reply at least... I used to recommend this site, but will never again unless it gets fixed.
flower

Posted: Jan 10, 2011 6:12 PM   in response to: deanhutton in response to: deanhutton

Click to report abuse...
you may visit some speed test sites......
RamonTheSpanish...

Posted: Jan 11, 2011 11:24 PM   in response to: deanhutton in response to: deanhutton

Click to report abuse...
I have 20 torrent sites. Click on each one to add it to Vuze.

Sorry, had to zip them into 1 file. I use 7zip.
seeno

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 9:58 PM   in response to: RamonTheSpanish... in response to: RamonTheSpanish...

Click to report abuse...
Thank you RamonTheSpanishGuy.
MrsCarter

Posted: Jan 21, 2011 9:41 AM   in response to: RamonTheSpanish... in response to: RamonTheSpanish...

Click to report abuse...
I CANT FIGURE THIS OUT. I ONLY HAVE 2 SITES MINNOVA AND VUSE PLEASE HELP!
HockeyPlayerJason

Posted: Jan 21, 2011 9:45 AM   in response to: MrsCarter in response to: MrsCarter

Click to report abuse...
Hi everyone , this is my first post, so welcome to me :)

In regards to the issue where you cannot see more then one torrent site, since Vuze is associated with torrent files, you could manually open up in your browser and use Google to find these sites and then click on the torrent link once you found what you liked, it will open Vuze and start downloading. I know this sounds like a pain in the you know what, but thats the best solution I have found so far.
barmar

Posted: Jan 25, 2011 9:43 PM   in response to: MrsCarter in response to: MrsCarter

Click to report abuse...
I got this off the blog and it worked for me:
Start Vuze - select file - open - torrent file -
select the add URL button, enter the following just as it is written:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:GKDZHHTCKP6R2XRNWYJLRQUYE4VPLEDU
hit OK
When it has downloaded - as a movie would - open the "new" under files - it will show the search templates.
Hit the > key to the left of the name, 5 files will open - (torrents) you have to click each one to have it installed.
Hopefully it should then search for movies etc.
CAPTJIM

Posted: Jan 29, 2011 12:06 PM   in response to: deanhutton in response to: deanhutton

Click to report abuse...
Like the rest on this thread I am VERY disappointed with Vuze in this new application. I can only get two Torrent sites... on my previous Vuze I could get as many as 7 or 8 choices.
I have tried all the ways to amend/correct this using advice given and am still unable to add torrents to my 'Subscribed' list.
Is there no way Vuze can give correct details on how this might be achieved ?

Jim

Edited by: CAPTJIM on 29-Jan-2011 12:07
CAPTJIM

Posted: Jan 30, 2011 12:31 AM   in response to: deanhutton in response to: deanhutton

Click to report abuse...
Hi again,
Good News I think. I have managed to download 5 new 'torrents' and have had them installed on Vuze.
I typed into Google 'vuze torrents downloads' and was given a list of possibles.
The one I chose was < vuze_search_templates > , it was downloaded as you would do for a movie etc on Vuze. Once completed it was sent to your vuze downloads site from there I 'clicked' on OPEN and then on each wanted torrent and it went to my 'Subscription Site' on Vuze.
In my application I now have the following extra torrents which will be used in my future searches,
btjunkie.
kickasstorrents.
vertor.
extra torrent.
torrentz.

Hope this has helped you.

Jim
Fortknox82

Posted: Feb 2, 2011 2:46 PM   in response to: deanhutton in response to: deanhutton

Click to report abuse...
By default Vuze searches a limited set of torrent sites, however you can also add your favorite torrent sites to Vuze’s meta-search by adding additional search templates.

These torrent sites commonly refer to these templates as a “Vuze Search Template”, and you may search online to find additional torrent sites that allow using the Vuze search template.

Adding a Search Template to Vuze Meta-Search:

1.On the search results page, click the “Add/edit” link under “Sites Searched” on the left-side of the page
2.On the Add/edit pop-up, click the “Import a custom template” link at the bottom of the list of searched sites.
3.Browse your computer to find and select the custom template file (similar to when you upload a photo to a website).
Once you select the custom template file it will automatically import the template and add it to the bottom of the list of searched sites.

Keep in mind that custom templates are community created, so we have no control over how they are named or created, and cannot insure that they work properly, if at
Itchy

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 2:30 PM   in response to: Fortknox82 in response to: Fortknox82

Click to report abuse...
@all: see comment from RamonTheSpanish... his advice was best, easy and - worked perfectly:

• download Vuze Templates.7z (4.6 KB)
  • download 7-zip if you don't have it yet
  • extract Vuze Templates.7z (4.6 KB)
  • click on each item

done.

Cheers
bigdaddystuff

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 10:32 AM   in response to: Itchy in response to: Itchy

Click to report abuse...
Is there something wrong with your attachment....I've tried a number of different ways to save\open it but to no avail. I have WINRAR on my system

bigdaddy55
smokydogjoe

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 7:00 AM   in response to: CAPTJIM in response to: CAPTJIM

Click to report abuse...
CAPTJIM i cant thank you enough!!! it worked.
and actually, thanks everyone else on this thread! i thought i was the only one having problems.
it was Jims solution that i used so i thanked you first but ALL if the feedback was considered so...THANKS EVERYONE!!!

Edited by: smokydogjoe on Mar 8, 2011 7:00 AM

Edited by: smokydogjoe on Mar 8, 2011 7:00 AM
dirtyred

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 7:13 PM   in response to: Itchy in response to: Itchy

Click to report abuse...
Thanks soooo much! That was totally what I needed. I saw I was missing the sites and the template maker/importer but had no idea what to do with it or where to find the info. YOU ARE AWESOME!
pineShadow

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 11:37 AM   in response to: RamonTheSpanish... in response to: RamonTheSpanish...

Click to report abuse...
Thanks very much. Excellent helping hand.
anthony.lop

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 1:27 PM   in response to: pineShadow in response to: pineShadow

Click to report abuse...
I found this Pirate Bay search template that seems to work at the moment
mr6n8

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 1:52 PM   in response to: anthony.lop in response to: anthony.lop

Click to report abuse...
sgtsmokstax

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 4:21 AM   in response to: deanhutton in response to: deanhutton

Click to report abuse...
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)