Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: Vuze Toolbar Removal

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 20 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Feb 15, 2012 2:50 PM Last Post By: dandiefel
michaellf45

Vuze Toolbar Removal
Posted: Nov 19, 2010 10:20 AM

Click to report abuse...
Cannot remove Vuze Toolbar. When trying to remove it from add/delete programs, error message "Install.log file not found. Where do I go from here? I've reinstalled Vuze over my old installation. Nothing is wrong with the toolbar, but i have too many and just want to get rid of it.
mmore1q3

Re: Vuze Toolbar Removal
Posted: Nov 19, 2010 11:59 AM   in response to: michaellf45 in response to: michaellf45

Click to report abuse...
Can't you disable it in your browser's add-on/plugin settings?
michaellf45

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 3:38 PM   in response to: mmore1q3 in response to: mmore1q3

Click to report abuse...
Thank you very much. That seemed to do the trick. Still I wonder why I can't remove it in the control panel. But I'm not going to spend any more time on that.
michaellf45

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 5:34 PM   in response to: michaellf45 in response to: michaellf45

Click to report abuse...
I spoke too soon. The vuze toolbar did disapear temporaily, however, it returned after some time. I think the suggestion that was made before just makes the toolbar disappear, not remove it from the hard drive. Anyway, it's back and I'm still looking for suggestions to remove it from my computer. I followed the suggestion posted with Vuze.com, which resulted in my original posting.
mmore1q3

Posted: Nov 20, 2010 1:18 AM   in response to: michaellf45 in response to: michaellf45

Click to report abuse...
I spoke too soon. The vuze toolbar did disapear temporaily, however, it returned after some time. I think the suggestion that was made before just makes the toolbar disappear, not remove it from the hard drive.
Yes, that is true. "Disabling" is not "removing".
However, as the browser is supposed to control the add-ons, your should be able to disable/remove the toolbar by using the browser's control menus.

Firefox has options both for disabling and uninstalling add-ons.
IE has only for disabling, I think.

But in any case, the add-ons disabled through broswer should stay disabled.
michaellf45

Posted: Nov 20, 2010 11:32 AM   in response to: mmore1q3 in response to: mmore1q3

Click to report abuse...
Thank you for your input. However, I feel that just as instructions state, going to the add/remove section of the control panel, and click "delete" should perform this function. As I stated, the error message "can not find install.log file" appears when I attempt to delete it. How can I obtain an install;log file? Or if this is not necessary, how can I overcome this problem? Maybe I should deletee "Vuze" and start from scratch.
michaellf45

Posted: Nov 21, 2010 11:36 AM   in response to: michaellf45 in response to: michaellf45

Click to report abuse...
I'm still wanting to know how to revoe the toolbar from my hard drive. The answer given before just disabled the tool bar, nothing to do with removal.
justanotheruser

Posted: Nov 22, 2010 9:46 AM   in response to: michaellf45 in response to: michaellf45
Helpful
Click to report abuse...
All I can suggest is to see what happens if you go through the Vuze installation process again, and tell it to install the toolbar. Hopefully that will create the missing log file, allowing you to uninstall it properly.
michaellf45

Posted: Nov 26, 2010 9:36 AM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
Well, still waiting for an answer. I tried removing the vuze program, which was no help. When I re-installed Vuze the program installed correctly, but it had no effect on the toolbar. I would not remove from the control panel add.remove programs as it should per the intructions.
pukaloca

Posted: Dec 2, 2010 8:51 PM   in response to: michaellf45 in response to: michaellf45

Click to report abuse...
I had the same exact problem. This is what I did.

In Windows run Explorer and go to c:\Program Files\Vuse Remote and delete all of the files or delete the folder itself. If there is a file that won't delete, move it into another directory and delete it after its been moved. You may have to try several times if it does not work the first time. Go back to Control Panel and uninstall the Vuse Toolbar once again and you will see that it deletes itsself this time.

Good luck!
samplemonster

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 8:59 AM   in response to: pukaloca in response to: pukaloca

Click to report abuse...
I think the Vuze developers should be taken to court and sued.

I absolutely hate how these f****in vuze monkeys installed this toolbar into our browser without permission,

then to top it off, make it difficult to uninstall.

It is not within reason. It is unethical. It is downright blasphemous that they do this, unless they want to elevate themselves to the status of spyware/bloatware.

If there's a bloat-free client of Vuze that anyone can link to please post here. These f****ks do not deserve our support.
justanotheruser

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 10:27 AM   in response to: samplemonster in response to: samplemonster

Click to report abuse...
My guess is you've done nothing to support Vuze so I somehow doubt they'll be saddened to see the loss of your patron.

Oh and the installer allows you to not install the toolbar.
acjlarsen

Posted: Sep 8, 2011 8:52 PM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
justanotheruser wrote:
My guess is you've done nothing to support Vuze so I somehow doubt they'll be saddened to see the loss of your patron.

Oh and the installer allows you to not install the toolbar.

Well it seems my experience makes what you are saying kinda ridiculous to say the least..
1st I know perfectly well that it allows me not to install it. I read every page and look at every check box before i agree, I unchecked it and it still comes up. i uninstalled vuze and re installed and again unchecked the boxes again with the same result.
2nd to address you saying that he probably isn't someone they are going to miss.... who are they gonna miss? maybe the 1 in 1000 of us who actually pay for vuze pro, not for the lame nothing perks but as a donation for a valuable service, I do feel like these fuckes don't deserve our patronage if they are forcing software on peoples computers..

niviola

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 6:12 AM   in response to: michaellf45 in response to: michaellf45

Click to report abuse...
Here's how you remove this piece of s..t from firefox: download http://toolbarcleaner.com/ and follow the instructions.
Brillo

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 9:28 AM   in response to: michaellf45 in response to: michaellf45

Click to report abuse...
I have always liked VUSE - until now. I unchecked the sneak-in options that try to get you to set it as home page and add the toolbar, but they have now decided to put the toolbar on my browser anyway. This, in my opinion, make VUSE total crap. I will never tolerate changes made to my computer without my permission so that some greedy people can get a little money.

VUSE IS NOW GARBAGE!
Brillo

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 9:31 AM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
Support VUSE! Well I am supporting it - the same way I support my septic tank when I flush the toilet.
Brillo

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 9:46 AM   in response to: niviola in response to: niviola

Click to report abuse...
This app worked perfectly! Like a piece of TP, it wiped up VUSE's mess.

Can anyone recommend a bittorrent client that is trustworthy? that won't spew its crap all over your computer for the sake of picking someone's pocket?
Brillo

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 9:56 AM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
Reply to justanotheruser:

"Oh and the installer allows you to not install the toolbar." Either your reading skills are in great need of remediation, or you are simply stupid. The most recent upgrade - that was labelled "Required" indeed allows you to uncheck the toolbar option, but then proceeds to install it anyway.

And if you cannot find a better response to legitimate complaints than simply accusing someone of being irrelevant because they have not supported VUSE by throwing money at an increasingly worthless app, you might consider a more intellectual pursuit - like hot tar roofing.
dranix

Posted: Jan 1, 2012 9:06 PM   in response to: michaellf45 in response to: michaellf45

Click to report abuse...
Really easy way to do it (for Chrome): (I tried for about 3 weeks even had my dad remotely access my computer to fix it)

on the right side of the url box there is a TINY lil button. Its blue and if you look REALLY closely you can see that damn bird on it. Now click it. See that uninstall option? Voila! Happy happy happy YAY! If you are still having problems: well sorry guess you SOL. :)
Boxojunk

Posted: Jan 28, 2012 11:00 AM   in response to: Brillo in response to: Brillo

Click to report abuse...
"'Oh and the installer allows you to not install the toolbar.' Either your reading skills are in great need of remediation, or you are simply stupid. The most recent upgrade - that was labelled 'Required' indeed allows you to uncheck the toolbar option, but then proceeds to install it anyway."

I just installed the latest Vuze. I did the same: unchecked all of the toolbar boxes. The toolbar installed itself anyway !! Not cool.
dandiefel

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 2:50 PM   in response to: michaellf45 in response to: michaellf45

Click to report abuse...
just click on the tools icon at the right side of your search box. click extension. find vuze toolbar or whatever it says about vuze. click remove
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums