Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Download / Connection Problems

Thread: Please help me with downloading movies???

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 22 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Dec 11, 2011 1:11 AM Last Post By: mpriest
marieke23@kabel...

Please help me with downloading movies???
Posted: Dec 7, 2010 12:03 PM

Click to report abuse...
I just have VUZE on my computer. Under the TAB METASEARCH I only get TRAILERS, no movies.
I do get movies on the other taB: WEB SEARCH. But that is a bit difficult to find the right one at once.
I am trying tot make it wordk foor days now and I am getting CRAZY!!!!!
My friend opens VUZE on her laptop, and she gets the movuies right away

HELP!!!!

Flash Epps

Re: Please help me with downloading movies???
Posted: Dec 8, 2010 7:47 PM   in response to: marieke23@kabel... in response to: marieke23@kabel...

Click to report abuse...
I am having the exact same problem. I have been searching for an answer for days now but have not been succesful. what ESP are you using?
justanotheruser

Posted: Dec 9, 2010 3:46 AM   in response to: Flash Epps in response to: Flash Epps

Click to report abuse...
I'm going to quote bigfootballer7 here (search for his posts if you wish)

His previous posts have suggested the following:

Hi All,

I recently found this, as I had the exact same problem. Someone was kind enough to post this on another forum.

"Start Vuze, select File->Open->Torrent File... and select the 'Add URL button'

Enter

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:GKDZHHTCKP6R2XRNWYJLRQUYE4VPLEDU

in the box and hit OK.

This will add a download to Vuze that contains search templates - they are contained in files ending in ".vuze".

When it is complete navigate to the resulting files and either double click them to install or use the File->Open->Vuze File to do so."

I hope this helps.
marieke23@kabel...

Posted: Dec 9, 2010 7:59 AM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
I CAN NOT BELEIVE MY EYES.
I GET movies!!!

THANKS.
missmary

Posted: Dec 12, 2010 7:34 PM   in response to: marieke23@kabel... in response to: marieke23@kabel...

Click to report abuse...
oh my god! you helped me too... thank youuuuuuu
bummed

Posted: Dec 13, 2010 11:31 PM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
I'm so bummed out because I've follow directions that you've posted but it still did not work for me, but I noticed that it worked for the other two users. Please help! Any other suggestions? :(
abercromby

Posted: Dec 16, 2010 4:24 PM   in response to: bummed in response to: bummed

Click to report abuse...
I too have tried this but I am still only getting trailers I do not understand seeds and peers but I notice I am getting ) for peers in all answers.
Is there anywhere I can download instructions for underestanding Vuze.
Just what are seeds and peers?
missmary

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 2:42 PM   in response to: abercromby in response to: abercromby

Click to report abuse...
bummed and aberdromby do you guys see more than two websites on the right side of the meta search page or not? you probably only downloaded the templates but haven't installed them yet. if you only see results from vuze and mininova in your metasearch result you need to add other templates too such as btjunkie, extratorrent, kickass torrent, torrentz and vertor. If you dodn't see these after you did what was already posted here by "justanotheruser" go to your metasearch result page and in the right side under vuze and mininova click on "Add/Edit" then in the new window that opens if you see anything more than these two you can add them now if you don't see anything click on "import a new template" then go to the folder than all vuze downloads go there in the "open template" window that's open for you and look for the "Vuze_Search_Templates" folder and open it and all the new templates are there you can double click on every single one of them and add them to your templates and after you are done do a new search and.... ta da you will see results from all of them.
good luck

by the way aberdromy I think peers are the amount of people that are downloading that same file and seeds are the amount of people that have already downloaded the file and now you might be downloading that same file from their pc. So the higher the seed number the faster your download is.
Juici9199

Posted: Dec 20, 2010 4:23 AM   in response to: missmary in response to: missmary

Click to report abuse...
i want to thank you so much for posting the info for that problem... for the last month i've been trying to figure out what was i doing wrong...lol well thanks a bunch and a VERY MERRY X-MAS AND A JOYUS NEW YEAR.
andrewsmith78

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 9:26 PM   in response to: bummed in response to: bummed

Click to report abuse...
Do what the guy above said again then when they download into your library, click the black arrow this will show the torrents then right click one after the other and open file on each one then when you try again the torrents should show up when you search a film in the bottom right corner but the film will still automatically pop up from now on anyway.
manny

Posted: Dec 23, 2010 8:22 PM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
thank u very for helping mi out .
now i can download movies.
thank you
yanin

Posted: Jan 2, 2011 2:10 PM   in response to: missmary in response to: missmary

Click to report abuse...
What did you do, because I still cant get movies?
crazeedee

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 10:54 AM   in response to: marieke23@kabel... in response to: marieke23@kabel...

Click to report abuse...
Hi there I am having the same problems but not doing too badly...
the problem is finding the right what the heck does that lot mean to download after the movie title.
I usually go for the movies in GB not MB the trick,, I think is to find one in the right language.
At the end of the movie title there are letters such en fr rus etc en means english.
Any way just click on the download button.. you can always delete the movies later... ouch..
I have watched 5 or 6 movies successfully already.
If you get any easy ways please get back to me..
Steve.
Buddhalight

Posted: Jan 6, 2011 2:40 PM   in response to: yanin in response to: yanin

Click to report abuse...
One thing I just did that could help is there is an orange icon on the VUSE screen when things have been downloaded or are downloading, that looks like the airport icon on it's side that shows subscriptions available. If you click this a range of other templates come up that you can add and the next search you do will have all these as well - kickasstorrent etc. This might improve your search results?
curleyworley

Posted: Feb 18, 2011 10:31 AM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
brill brill brill cant thank you enough it deffentily works .
ichey

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 12:50 AM   in response to: missmary in response to: missmary

Click to report abuse...
missmary thank you thank you for this TIP! just solved my VUZE problem!

TC!
loco

Posted: May 14, 2011 1:01 AM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
Excellent thank you-worked perfectly-the world is once again open.....
zmusic

Posted: May 14, 2011 12:28 PM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
Grrrrrrreat advice!

Thank God for honest people in the world.... gives us hope! (and movies!)
tex_78

Posted: May 14, 2011 3:30 PM   in response to: bummed in response to: bummed

Click to report abuse...
When I type in a movie and click the hour glass, i get all kinds of short flicks that have nothings to do with the movie that i wanted! I have Vuze Plus that i paid for, and i would like to see better results for my money. I had the regular no pay Vuze a couple of years ago and i got every movie that i wanted. I thought the Plus would even be better! Can you help me?
bobbyb444

Posted: May 15, 2011 6:00 AM   in response to: missmary in response to: missmary

Click to report abuse...
I think "peers" are those persons FROM whom you are downloading to your system; and "seeds" are those downloading from you (i.e., you are adding to their file folder requests).

As for the Vuze downloads in your Windows/System 32 folders, click on the Vuze templates (i.e., ending in *.vuze)...if you double-click and nothing happens, then right-click each file, go to Properties, you will see 4 tabs across the top. Go to the "general" tab, look at the "attributes" section at bottom, make sure the files are NOT 'read-only' nor 'hidden' (UNcheck them if they are). Then go to the "security" tab, highlight 'administrator' in top panel, and see what kind of permissions you have for it in the bottom panel (if 'full control' has not been granted, click on 'edit' --highlight 'administrator' again, and click on 'full control' under 'add' in bottom panel). Click "ok" twice...

Now try double-clicking each file again...this should add the template to Vuze program.

Hope this helps...

Doc
WLS

Posted: May 15, 2011 6:10 AM   in response to: bobbyb444 in response to: bobbyb444

Click to report abuse...
Think again.

• Downloader: a peer in a swarm who has not finished the whole torrent, or has not finished all the files that have not been marked as "Do Not Download". In BitTorrent, downloaders also upload to other peers, unless they are leeches. When a downloader completes the whole torrent, they become a seed and then only upload to other peers in the swarm.
sensative

Posted: Nov 28, 2011 9:05 PM   in response to: marieke23@kabel... in response to: marieke23@kabel...

Click to report abuse...
hey everyone if u are having the same problem I was having no movies just trailers I found the fix: on the right side of the screen you will see SHOW RESULTS FROM you will see vuze and mininova under that u will see ADD/EDIT click on it. a screen will come up with vuze and subscriptions and mininova on it under that box you will see IMPORT A NEW TEMPLATE click on it another box comes up with a list of what you need DOUBLE CLICK on the ones you want and they will go in your list when you are done click save. I use btjunkie, isohunt and kickass torrents. now you can go back and search a movie and they should come up. HOPE IT HELPED AND GOOD LUCK
mpriest

Posted: Dec 11, 2011 1:11 AM   in response to: Flash Epps in response to: Flash Epps

Click to report abuse...
PLEASE HELP ME TO DOWN LOAD FULL MOVIES
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)