Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: BTjunkie, Extratorrent, Kickass Torrents not woking in Vuze HELP

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 16 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Aug 19, 2011 11:07 AM Last Post By: SweenDog67
kidnplay01

BTjunkie, Extratorrent, Kickass Torrents not woking in Vuze HELP
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 8:15 PM

Click to report abuse...
Attachment torrent.JPG (110.3 KB)
Hi guys,
when i have used Vuze previously BTjunkie, Extratorrent, Kickass Torrents were all used when downloading/searching for items say for eg TOPGEAR
now they are not working and i have nothing to download :(

why are these 3 not working for all of a sudden 22 Sept 2010

Are they now blocked or something? only Mininova and Vuze search engines showing and able to use, the other 3 have a blocked sign on the right side.

As i havent changed any settings, using a PC Windows XP, Vuze 4.5.0.4
Java 1.6.0_21
Sun Microsystems Inc.
SWT v3650, win32
Windows XP v5.1, x86
V4.5.0.4/4 az3
Patina86

Re: BTjunkie, Extratorrent, Kickass Torrents not woking in Vuze HELP
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 9:23 PM   in response to: kidnplay01 in response to: kidnplay01

Click to report abuse...
I'm having the smae problem!!! Up until now i've had no trouble with downloading!!
dakanakattack

Posted: Oct 11, 2010 10:11 PM   in response to: kidnplay01 in response to: kidnplay01

Click to report abuse...
Ya! What the heck is going on? This morning I when I searched for a torrent Vuze was searching several different sites but then I had to delete Vuze from my computer. Later that night I redownloaded Vuze. When I opened it up and searched for torrents it wasn't bringing up hardly any results! And even the results it did bring up had nothing to do with what I was searching for! I then noticed that Vuze was only searching itself and mininova for torrents... Whaaa??? What the heck happened??? Are all the other sites like KickAss, Isohunt, and others blocked or something? Do I need to have Vuze Plus to get the full search going again?
Eagle Eye

Posted: Oct 11, 2010 11:12 PM   in response to: dakanakattack in response to: dakanakattack

Click to report abuse...
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4597590/11_Vuze_Search_Templates

its not them all, but it solved my problem
archtek

Posted: Oct 12, 2010 9:03 PM   in response to: Eagle Eye in response to: Eagle Eye

Click to report abuse...
does anyone have a proper answer/solution to this? Why are kickass torrent, extratorrent and BTjunkie not included in the new vuze download search templates? And/or does anyone have .vuze files to add these sites? The link above does not include .vuze files for these sites.

thanks
Eagle Eye

Posted: Oct 13, 2010 8:10 AM   in response to: archtek in response to: archtek

Click to report abuse...
did you even download it?
archtek

Posted: Oct 13, 2010 10:56 AM   in response to: Eagle Eye in response to: Eagle Eye

Click to report abuse...
? Yes. It only has vuze files for demonoid, fenopy, h33t, ilcorSaRoNero, Isohunt, Monova, PirateBay, Podtropolis, thePirateBay, TorrentBox, TorrentPortal

I want BTjunkie and kickasstorrents back. Adding the sites above still gives terrible search results.
mschir1

Posted: Oct 13, 2010 4:50 PM   in response to: kidnplay01 in response to: kidnplay01

Click to report abuse...
Go to kickasstorrents.com and on the right side go to goodies and click "vuze search templet"
Just make sure you upload it on vuze and your good to go!

Happy Searching

Mschir1
archtek

Posted: Oct 19, 2010 11:33 AM   in response to: mschir1 in response to: mschir1

Click to report abuse...
great thanks! worked perfect. Do you know of a similar link for BTjunkie? I've googled all over for a template for BTjunkie and can't find anything.
acemas21

Posted: Oct 19, 2010 1:29 PM   in response to: Eagle Eye in response to: Eagle Eye

Click to report abuse...
Hello, I'm new to all this so could you explain, once I've downloaded that file, how do I upload it to my Vuze so it gets added to my search content?
archtek

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 9:10 AM   in response to: acemas21 in response to: acemas21

Click to report abuse...
When you do a search in vuze on the right hand side of the search page it'll say "show result from..." and list sites that were searched. Under that you can click "add/edit" and then "import new template" from the page that pops up.
hatemelikemelove

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 8:34 AM   in response to: kidnplay01 in response to: kidnplay01

Click to report abuse...
For Kickass Torrents.....On right of page is goodies, below that hit Vuze Template

For BTjunkie......At the VERY bottom of the page is Vuze Template

Hope this helps :)

I'm working on finding the others, just reinstalled Vuze due to problems and lost all templates!!!!

guest9999

Posted: Oct 25, 2010 11:41 AM   in response to: hatemelikemelove in response to: hatemelikemelove

Click to report abuse...
mizzllat

Posted: Dec 2, 2010 6:09 PM   in response to: kidnplay01 in response to: kidnplay01

Click to report abuse...
In order to protect themselves, legally, VUZE is no longer providing direct access to any search engine that may link an individual to sites where copyright-protected software, videos, and other such materials may be downloaded. They do not prevent the individual from making this choice for his or herself, though. All you need do is to restore your original search engines- or install them for the first time, if you are new to VUZE

In order to do this, you will need to download a packet of "Search Engine Templates for Vuze" from KickAss.com or any of the other torrent sites (or run a google search and you can easily locate them that way, as well). Once you have downloaded the torrents for the whatever search engines you wish to use, install them as you do any torrent for the media you normally download. Before completing the installation, VUZE will ask if you truly wish to install each specific engine. This is a common maneuver used by companies to legally protect themselves. Be sure you are certain that you truly wish to make this decision, as your choice will be recorded for the permanent legal record maintained by the VUZE system. (Prior to this, simply using the search engines implied the same thing, but now you must be aware that your decision is on the record.) Once you have responded in the affirmative, the search engines you've chosen will very quickly be installed and activated.

Most torrent sites have search engine template packages readily available- some even go so far as to place a link for them on their home page. Even better yet, you can simply use some of the links provided by others in this very thread, although, if you are wanting a specific search engine, I might still suggest googling the engine name, plus the word "template," just to make sure you have the exact ones that best suit your needs.

I should note, too, that if you wish to install Demonoid, specifically, you will need to wait to do so on either the first or second day of each month, when membership in Demoinoid is freely opened to the public. All other times will require an introduction code, gifted to you by a current member. (While some basic Demonoid results may come up through the standard VUZE search engine, unless you install their specific template, the majority of the vast Demonoid library will not be available to you.)

Hope this answers your question in some small way!

l

Edited by: mizzllat on Dec 2, 2010 5:23 PM

jason ryan

Posted: May 1, 2011 9:44 PM   in response to: archtek in response to: archtek

Click to report abuse...
thankyou eveyone for your help this was driving me mad..ahh can use vuze again..pheww
jason ryan

Posted: May 1, 2011 11:18 PM   in response to: jason ryan in response to: jason ryan

Click to report abuse...
also go to kickasstorents and type in kickasstorrents vuze templates..download and your away..i got all the best templates, kickass,btjunkie.and many more that i didnt have before now vuze is workn better than it had before,got about 20 search templates on vuze now..
SweenDog67

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 11:07 AM   in response to: kidnplay01 in response to: kidnplay01

Click to report abuse...
On Kickass Torrents search page I searched "vuze templates". My first choice given offered me Kickas, BT, and a host of other templates. I downloaded and saved. I opened them in a folder and was given optios of which I wanted to install. A few seemed shady so I stuck with the ones I know such as BT and KA.... It worked in my next vuze search... Side Note: Sadly, Me believes this may be a precursor to what may be the inevitable...... Will VUZE take the dive like LimeWire? I hope not..
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums