Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: Is Vuze Remote Toolbar a required update?

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 11 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: May 1, 2011 4:19 PM Last Post By: warchico
barsudo

Is Vuze Remote Toolbar a required update?
Posted: Apr 10, 2010 9:33 AM

Click to report abuse...
As of this morning I am getting a "Update Vuze" dialog popping up, text is "required update".
When I run the install I select I uncheck "install Vuze toolbar remote" ... as I don't want this feature
I also decline the "Norton Security scan" ... as I really really don't want Norton code on my machine

Update appears to occur ... after which I rebooted my machine and reload Vuze
(running XP and Vuze about is 4.3.0.6)
However I then end up back at the "Update Vuze" dialog with text "update required" and infinite update loop

Is accepting the installation of "Vuze toolbar remote" a required update?
How do I convince the installer I don't want this toolbar and to update my version of Vuze?
LeftCoastBlue

Re: Is Vuze Remote Toolbar a required update?
Posted: Apr 10, 2010 2:55 PM   in response to: barsudo in response to: barsudo

Click to report abuse...
I have the same problem. It appears that you can't accept the license for the update unless you agree to install the toolbar. That's completely unacceptable to me. If that's the requirement, I'll be looking for a different Mac torrent client. Suggestions? Back to Transmission?
mmore1q3

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 12:16 AM   in response to: barsudo in response to: barsudo

Click to report abuse...
Is accepting the installation of "Vuze toolbar remote" a required update?
The toolbar is not mandatory. You can install the client without toolbar and same goes also for Norton.

You might try to manually copy the correct .JAR file (the actual java program) to the Vuze program directory.
0) Exit Vuze
1) Download Vuze_4400.jar from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/azureus/files/
2) rename it to azureus2.jar
3) copy it to Vuze program directory (in XP C:\program files\Vuze) replacing the old azureus2.jar there.
gcpmusic

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 4:14 AM   in response to: mmore1q3 in response to: mmore1q3

Click to report abuse...
Well I am having exactly the some problem on my MacBook PRO 10.6.3 and this is really unacceptable.

I don't thing that the user should sort this mess up, I suggest all to go back to other clients less invasive antill Vuze sort out a proper working update for Mac and PC.

Thnk you

PS: The manually downloaded installer is the some, still force you to install the stupid vuze toolbar !!!! which create all sorts of problems with the browser.

Please Vuze, just forget about this toolbar . . . really I can't see any point!

Edited by: gcpmusic on Apr 11, 2010 1:22 PM
Deadlyhazard

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 6:44 AM   in response to: barsudo in response to: barsudo

Click to report abuse...
Hey, I tried uninstalling the Vuze client to get rid of the toolbar but it isn't going away. Even when I've deleted every file I can find with the name Azureus or Vuze. I wanted to reinstall it including the link you gave but I can't get rid of the toolbar either way. Any help?
mmore1q3

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 6:55 AM   in response to: Deadlyhazard in response to: Deadlyhazard

Click to report abuse...
I have never installed the toolbar myself, so this is just a guess:
Go to your browser's add-on settings, and disable/uninstall the toolbar there.
Firefox: Tools / Add-ons
IE: Tools / Manage Add-ons
Deadlyhazard

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 6:55 AM   in response to: mmore1q3 in response to: mmore1q3

Click to report abuse...
Aye, just tried that before you posted :).

It worked.

Thanks for the support, you guys are great.
barsudo

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 10:53 AM   in response to: mmore1q3 in response to: mmore1q3

Click to report abuse...
I downloaded the 4.4 jar file and replaced my existing jar file

1) Download Vuze_4400.jar from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/azureus/files/
2) rename it to azureus2.jar

after which I restarted vuze which popped up "required update"
update occured during which I unchecked "install remote toolbar"
rebooted .. restarted vuze ... and its telling me I have a "required update"
about version is still 4.3.0.6

seems I will not able to get the 4.4 update without installing the toolbar? (I really don't want Vuze messing with my browser)
further even staying with 4.3 it appears it will nag me everytime I restart Vuze
any other alternatives beyond moving to another client?
mcjeffree

Posted: Apr 12, 2010 2:12 PM   in response to: barsudo in response to: barsudo

Click to report abuse...
X-( Further to this issue, the default auto install of Norton Security crashed my system yesterday, and it took my all night and all morning to get it back up and running...Symantec has really screwed this up and imo so did Vuze...The Norton install acts like a virus, not able to close the window until you run the program, reinstalling after you uninstall, having to delete registry lines to get rid of it all...and as I said, when I finally thought I had it taken care of, I ended up with a a "mup.sys" boot error that was a nightmare...is this what Syamntec and VUZE are doing? Forcing programs we don't want or need down our throat to the point that we end up pulling our hair out? I sent Symantec an e-mail and hope that VUZE reads this, and someone ends up being accountable for this issue...I needed my computer up and running this morning for work and instead WASTED an entire night and morning, eventually having to use my windows recovery disk to assist in the boot up and run a disc check to finally get rid of it...I am hoping that the problem is done, I am now backing up my entire drive before I reboot!! Nicely done VUZE!!!! X-( X-( X-(

Edited by: mcjeffree on Apr 12, 2010 2:18 PM

Edited by: mcjeffree on Apr 12, 2010 2:19 PM

Edited by: mcjeffree on Apr 12, 2010 2:21 PM
nolar

Posted: Apr 18, 2010 11:13 PM   in response to: barsudo in response to: barsudo

Click to report abuse...
The toolbar has nothing to do with the continual upgrade prompt. It is totally optional.

I dont know what's going wrong, but the installer isnt updating the installation that you are launching.

Try deleting the C:\Program Files\Vuze\ directory, and then rerun the installer. You might also search your entire hard drive for "Azureus.exe" in case you've got it installed somewhere else (like C:\Program Files\Azureus\).
goldrose1

Posted: Apr 16, 2011 11:19 PM   in response to: barsudo in response to: barsudo

Click to report abuse...
Dislike toolbars. Use Chrome, Win 7.
No Azureus.xxx files,
Deleted Vuze Remote Toolbar thru Control Panel. It still appears when I reboot.
Suggestions? GR
warchico

Posted: May 1, 2011 4:09 PM   in response to: goldrose1 in response to: goldrose1

Click to report abuse...
just update my brothers vuze on windows XP could not get the update 4.6.0.4 to run without tool bar. with multiple attemps, no success.

I long ago switched to Utorrent

if you don't click to select the toolbar the user agreement doesn't come up could that be the problem

uninstalled it and reinstalled previous version work fine now. disabling updates

previous versions"

http://sourceforge.net/projects/azureus/files/vuze/

Edited by: warchico on May 1, 2011 4:10 PM
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator