Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Devices

Thread: Vuze not Showing up on Xbox360

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Jan 1, 2011 9:48 AM Last Post By: ac76
darshan

Vuze not Showing up on Xbox360
Posted: Mar 29, 2009 12:50 PM
Click to report abuse...
Hi I have setup my Xbox360 Extender on Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. The default Media extender shows up on my xbox 360 fine. In Vuze my Xbox360 shows up as well. Everything is fine and dandy. But in my video library I do not see anything that says "Vuze" or any type of Vuze extender in the list. I only see the default Media extender in there. Can anyone help me? In Vuze it is connected to the Xbox360.

Running Vuze 4.2.

Thanks.

Edited by: darshan on Mar 29, 2009 12:51 PM
rynem

Re: Vuze not Showing up on Xbox360
Posted: Mar 30, 2009 12:47 AM   in response to: darshan in response to: darshan
Click to report abuse...
I also have this problem right now. Earlier it showed up, but now it doesn't.
Spizawn

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 10:27 AM   in response to: darshan in response to: darshan
Click to report abuse...
I have the same issue running Vista 64bit....god that was one of the worst decisions of my life....jumping onto the Vista bandwagon...anywho my Vuze wont show up on my 360. Vuze transcodes them just fine Vuze just wont show.
rynem

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 12:05 PM   in response to: Spizawn in response to: Spizawn
Click to report abuse...
I've found the solution to this fix. Go on Vuze and go to the tools tab, and choose Plugins. Now go to Media Server and make sure UPnP is checked.
Spizawn

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 2:33 PM   in response to: rynem in response to: rynem
Click to report abuse...
Mine is checked...thanks anyway
rynem

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 11:43 AM   in response to: Spizawn in response to: Spizawn
Click to report abuse...
Did you try turning of Media Sharing with Windows Media Player so there's no conflict? This can also be a reason.
sharklover

Posted: Feb 21, 2010 6:55 PM   in response to: rynem in response to: rynem
Click to report abuse...
If your using windows 7 remember to go into the windows firewall settings and allow vuze and media center access to your "PRIVATE/ Home" network. By default windows 7 only allows vuze access to the outside world so when your on the xbox it shows up as "Computername: Username", Typically it should say "Vuze on Computername" if windows has allowed vuze & media center access to your private/home network. Look for that key point.
maccentric

Posted: Mar 31, 2010 10:53 AM   in response to: darshan in response to: darshan
Click to report abuse...
Is your router set to support UPnP? It has to support UPnP and be enabled on the router as well as in Vuze.
Also, there's this from Microsoft:
By default, Windows Firewall is turned on when you install Windows XP SP2. Windows Firewall may have the following effects on the Windows UPnP framework:

* The UPnP framework may not be able to discover networked UPnP devices.
* The UPnP framework may not be able to control networked UPnP devices or to send events to and receive events from networked devices.
* UPnP control points may not be able to discover devices that are hosted on the Windows XP SP2-based computer.

and..

The UPnP framework uses UDP port 1900 and TCP port 2869. Simple Service Discovery Protocol (SSDP) uses multicast searches to discover UPnP devices. Multicast searches are sent to UDP port 1900 using dynamic outgoing ports. Windows Firewall accepts matching multicast search replies that are received within three seconds of a multicast search. Afterward, the firewall will block multicast search replies, even if they match the search requests.

Just a thought...hth
ragemonkey

Posted: Dec 20, 2010 11:59 PM   in response to: darshan in response to: darshan
Click to report abuse...
My PS3 was only able to locate the Vuze media server for up to an hour after booting my ps3, laptop, and router. In my setup the problem was the PS3 was plugged into the router via cat6 cable, the laptop was connected via wireless 802.11g, and the router (buffalo running dd-wrt OEM) had multicast snooping enabled. After I disabled the multi-cast snooping the problem of the disappearing media server went away.

I'll try to make as simple an explanation as possible, all you need to know is Multicast snooping is a router 'feature' which actively blocks multicast from wired clients from being broadcast onto wireless networks. The router watches the multicast traffic and based on observed traffic between hosts, maintains a routing table of which wireless hosts should receive multicast traffic from specific wired hosts. Initially everything is allowed until it has seen enough traffic to construct this routing table. then your media server disappears.

This is not likely to be the solution for everyone, but it could be a simple fix for you if your router supports multicast snooping.
ac76

Posted: Jan 1, 2011 9:48 AM   in response to: ragemonkey in response to: ragemonkey
Click to report abuse...
I don't understand this either. I used to stream Vuze vids from my XP machine. I did buy a new router (same manufacturer, later model) and reinstalled XP and Vuze and now I can't see my Vuze server on my XBox.

I can see my XBox is live on the Vuze list, under device transcodes. I can also stream video from my NAS, which I assume uses the same technology to do so - UPnP, so that rules out any issue other than the PC or the software.

I turned off my firewall on the XP PC to see if it was a firewall issue. I rebooted the PC and XBox several times but none of this helped and I still can't see Vuze on my XBox 360! Bummer.

Is this a bug maybe?

Any ideas?

Edited by: ac76 on 01-Jan-2011 09:48
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator