Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: How to force seed on every torrent?

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Jul 28, 2010 8:03 AM Last Post By: mmore1q3
todu

How to force seed on every torrent?
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 3:54 PM
Click to report abuse...
After an update some setting changed and I cannot find which one. I want to always seed all of my torrents, and never queue any of them. I've tried many different settings and combinations of settings and not figured it out. Can someone make me a list of which settings I should change, and what I should change them to? I use the classic interface and advanced mode.

The reason I want my torrents to always seed no matter what, is because I use many private trackers that requires seeding before they allow leeching. I need to seed as much as possible. I suppose there isn't any "disable the queue system altogether, and always seed everything" option?
The 8472

Re: How to force seed on every torrent?
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 7:42 PM   in response to: todu in response to: todu
Click to report abuse...
todu wrote:
The reason I want my torrents to always seed no matter what, is because I use many private trackers that requires seeding before they allow leeching.

That doesn't mean you have to seed all torrents at once. you just have to seed those that can use your bandwidth the most. just go to options -> queue -> seeding -> autostart and select "weighted peer count". That should sort the torrents so that the ones that can be easily uploaded to are on the head of the queue without wasting bandwidth on torrents without peers.
todu

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 1:32 AM   in response to: The 8472 in response to: The 8472
Click to report abuse...
Thank you for your answer. But what I want to accomplish is to seed all the torrents at once. Do you know how I could configure my client to do that? I wouldn't "waste" my bandwidth as you put it. I get credits for every byte I upload. Credits I can use to leech in the future. If I don't seed, the trackers will delete my account, and I won't be able to leech from them ever again. So it is really important for me to seed all of my torrents all of the time.
mmore1q3

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 1:40 AM   in response to: todu in response to: todu
Click to report abuse...
You missed the point.
The limiting factor is your ISP internet connection's speed (or "bandwidth"). That will limit the total amount of data that you can upload in a given timeframe.

Each active torrent will require some upload bandwidth for communication with the tracker and the other peers. The more active torrents you have, the more you are communicating with others.

If you have too many torrents active, you will spend a large part of your upload bandwidth for bittorrent protocol communication instead of actually transferring "payload data", for which you get credited at some private tracker site. That will thus actually decrease your total upload data amount...

There are so many peers that usually only a few active torrents are enough for you to upload at full speed. Advice about generally good settins can be found in: http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Good_settings

And if you really want to have many torrents active at the same time, look into Queue settings and increase the number of active torrents there.
http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Torrents_queued
http://wiki.vuze.com/w/UG_Options#Queue_options

If you really want to maximise upload, read section C of my Guide and use Autospeed Classic. http://forum.vuze.com/thread.jspa?threadID=80454
viewfromhere

Posted: Jul 28, 2010 7:58 AM   in response to: mmore1q3 in response to: mmore1q3
Click to report abuse...
mmore1q3 wrote:
You missed the point.
The limiting factor is your ISP internet connection's speed (or "bandwidth"). That will limit the total amount of data that you can upload in a given timeframe.

There are sites (well at least 1) that count seeding TIME and not only seeding amount. This is where the "queued" function is not working toward ones seeding time.

I would also like to be able to force SEEDing with some of my torrents.
Is there any way to do this even when there are no peers in the swarm?

thank you!
Viewfromhere

mmore1q3

Posted: Jul 28, 2010 8:03 AM   in response to: viewfromhere in response to: viewfromhere
Click to report abuse...
I would also like to be able to force SEEDing with some of my torrents.
http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Force_Start
Is there any way to do this even when there are no peers in the swarm?
Yes, the torrents starts, but if there is nobody downloading (peer), there is no data traffic as you can't just upload "to internet".
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums