Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: private tracker

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Jun 1, 2010 8:53 PM Last Post By: rogmath
careoline

private tracker
Posted: Jan 7, 2010 10:25 PM

Click to report abuse...
I downloaded via thebox.bz tracker and discovered the private tracker problem of not earning upload stats at thebox.bz for the uploaded files shared with Vuze peers. So I understand abit more now. Although, I am using the recent upgraded Vuze program without really understanding its setup options, I want to continue to use the private tracker and have the option of seeding what I get from them there to earn credits but the moderators there expect me to downgrade Vuze to an early version and follow the instructions of the earlier version. Hey, its 2010 and look at all the improvements to Vuze but I don't have reliable advice how to use the private tracker (ie: remove DHT...). So, can I learn what to do? For instance, would it be best to set up a separate laptop to use the private tracker with an older version of Vuze? Or second, is it possible to use the recently upgraded Vuze and toggle on/off a couple of options to set up the private tracker to run which would allow me to go back to Vuze tracker to seed these torrents in the Vuze network - without fouling myself up? My transfer bar now doesn't show credit for my Vuze tracker seeding from my library obtained through Vuze but it is seeding when I look at the client stats window. Can I get some advice before I get too ambitious? I have the notion to try to create new torrents from their site to upload to Vuze but I don't want to get kicked off from thebox.bz because I'll have downloaded beyond my share ratio limit. I have a month to learn what to do.

Edited by: careoline on Jan 7, 2010 10:26 PM
Bubba

Re: private tracker
Posted: Jan 8, 2010 9:07 AM   in response to: careoline in response to: careoline
Helpful
Click to report abuse...
Find yourself somewhere else to download from .
If these bozos don't know how to disable DHT at tracker-level, only God knows what else they don't know how to do ..

Sorry,
I wish I could give you a solution, but in my experience there is nothing you can do about incompetent
private-tracker dictators .. And you will probably NEVER satisfy their grotesque ratio-demands, a problem often
seen on private trackers .. They just don't understand that it's impossible for everyone who downloads a torrent to have at least 1:1 ratio .
tomcwilson

Posted: Jan 23, 2010 8:22 AM   in response to: Bubba in response to: Bubba

Click to report abuse...
Thanks for the advice. But not really an option since I upgraded my mac to os x 10.6 (Snow Leopard).

If you know what changed from v4.2.0.2 to 4.3.0., and is causing the problem with thebox private tracking that may be a bit more interesting.
rogmath

Posted: Jan 24, 2010 8:47 AM   in response to: tomcwilson in response to: tomcwilson

Click to report abuse...
Although I haven't had tracking/ratio problems with 4.3.x (XP), I'll note caroline is hardly alone in this. Apparently someone from thebox.bz has been trying to work with Vuze to solve the problem and has gotten stonewalled. Other similar apps (e.g., Transmission) have been more cooperative.
nolar

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 12:34 PM   in response to: careoline in response to: careoline

Click to report abuse...
We've not been contacted by any such private trackers, but this kind of thing has been going on for years, and 99.9% of the time any issues these admins have are usually due to a bug/misconfiguration on their end, or simply misunderstanding things technically. If anybody believes there's a real issue, please post here with the details, and we'd be happy to investigate.
Andrew Bienhaus

Posted: May 4, 2010 8:41 AM   in response to: nolar in response to: nolar

Click to report abuse...
As of May 2nd, they've blacklisted multiple clients, all seemingly for the same reason.
Perhaps they are idiots, as suggested, but, to ban an entire list, and specify which clients do and don't work, speaks to some amount of knowledge.
(basically, any Vuze 4.3 or newer, won't work)

Perhaps a few words from you guys, and it could be cleared up? I have had to install back to v4.2, and no, there are no alternate sites for what they are providing. (and, doing a mighty professional job at it, I might add)

I love Vuze, and was literally in the program trying to execute the new pay option this past weekend, when I discovered that all my torrents had stopped working... :-(

Here's a quote from their news section... (below)

Andrew

"This is important, by Sunday 2nd May at 23:59 the tracker blacklist will be updated. If you are using a non allowed client you will receive the error of banned client, so please change your clients to approved clients.

Over the next few days the blacklist will be getting updated by client. Vuze & Utorrent being the last on Sunday.

No tracker restart is needed from now on due to site upgrades

Allowed Clients (Updated: Sunday, 02 May 2010 )

Clients in Alpha or Beta should be avoided
(with the exception of uTorrentMac)!

• If your client is not found on either list please consider it to be non approved and use an approved version.Thank you!**

Multi-Platform Clients (Windows, Linux and Mac)

Vuze (versions 2.5.0.4, 4.1.0.2, 4.1.0.4, 4.2.0.0 or 4.2.0.2) Recommended (4.2.0.2: Win Mac Linux )

Azureus/Vuze Downgrade info here

(Vuze 4.3.x.x & 4.4.x.x ARE BANNED)

BitTornado (version 0.3.17 or 0.3.18) (aka Torrentflux)

Windows Clients

uTorrent (versions 1.6.1, 1.7.7, 1.8.2 and 1.8.3 and 2.0.1.0) Recommended (Get 1.8.3 Here)
Utorrent Downgrade Info Here
(Utorrent 1.8.4.0, 1.8.5.0, 2.0.0.0-2.0.1.0B ARE BANNED)

Deluge 1.2.3

Mac Clients

Transmission (version 1.22, 1.42, 1.52, 1.54, 1.61, 1.74, or 1.76 or or 1.82 or 1.83 or 1.92)
rTorrent (versions 0.8.2/0.12.2, 0.8.4/0.12.4, and 0.8.5/0.12.5 and0.8.6/0.12.6)
uTorrentMac (versions 0.9.1.1 and 0.9.1.2) - Note: This is an ALLOWED beta version. (Get 0.9.1.2 Here)

Linux Clients

Transmission (version 1.22, 1.42, 1.52, 1.54, 1.61, 1.74, or 1.76 ,1.83 or 1.92)
rTorrent (versions 0.8.2/0.12.2, 0.8.4/0.12.4, 0.8.5/0.12.5 and 0.8.6/0.12.6 ) (aka libtorrent / Wtorrent / RUtorrent / RTGui)
kTorrent (version 2.2.8, 3.2.3, 3.2.4, 3.2.5, or 3.3.0)
Deluge (version 1.1.7, 1.1.8, 1.1.9 or 1.2.3)

New torrent clients are tested prior to a approval on a case by case basis per platform

• no testing - no approval

Effective immediately Bittorrent and Mainline and Bits on Wheels and ABC

are now BANNED from the tracker as they are currently banned clients.

please ensure to change to an acceptable torrent client

if you need your .torrent files they are available at: http://www.thebox.bz/mass_download.php - which has ALL your snatches.

You have been given fair warning so please change your client as soon as possible. Guides for downgrading can be found in the Read This First section of the Forums.

totsubo

Posted: May 5, 2010 12:24 AM   in response to: careoline in response to: careoline

Click to report abuse...
There is a very long thread on The Box about banned clients. I haven't read through all of it yet so can't say exactly what the problem with the recent version of Vuze is but here is a general comment on banned clients if that helps:

Just to repeat the issue with Banned clients is they do not report data to the tracker either in the correct format and/or at the correct time. The older versions usually are just wrong and the all singing dancing new versions are usually slightly wrong and do not report when they are supposed to and this results in either silly numbers being reported to the tracker or in worst case no data being sent. Silly numbers can lead to ban if the system thinks it is cheating and no numbers means your ratio is not updating correctly. Up till now it as been at your own risk if you used a client not on the allowed list soon there will be no choice.
Recently what.cd totally banned all versions of Azureus/Vuze so we are not the only tracker to be saying there are issues with clients. This site does not use seeding bonuses of any type so you need accurate data sent to the tracker so your ratio is correctly calculated. With seeding bonuses over time the need for accurate data is lessened and any errors can be offset by seeding bonuses.
The full thread is here: http://thebox.bz/forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=34137&page=1
nolar

Posted: Jun 1, 2010 6:01 PM   in response to: totsubo in response to: totsubo

Click to report abuse...
rogmath

Posted: Jun 1, 2010 8:53 PM   in response to: nolar in response to: nolar

Click to report abuse...
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts