Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: Torrents disappear from UI when monitor goes into sleep mode

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Aug 20, 2009 11:35 PM Last Post By: cyb2063
markolexus

Torrents disappear from UI when monitor goes into sleep mode
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 4:45 PM
Click to report abuse...
At the moment I have about 30 torrents listed in the interface (advanced list). When the Monitor goes into sleep mode, I press space bar or give a mouse click to wake it, about half the torrents have disappeared from view. I believe they are still there - just not visible because the upload kB/s indicates more torrents are being seeded than are visible.

I can't find any way of restoring the visibility - without restarting. And obviously because my monitor is set to shut down after 10 minutes, this makes Vuze pretty much unusable.

This has always happened - with previous versions of Azureus - with previous PC's and Windows 2000 as well as XP. The difference is that then, torrents would not vanish for a long time (24 hours or more), but now it happens every few minutes. Also with previous versions, you could click in the blank space below the torrents which were listed and get a momentary ghost image of a missing torrent. That does not happen now.

Anyone know anything about this?
Washii

Re: Torrents disappear from UI when monitor goes into sleep mode
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 8:45 PM   in response to: markolexus in response to: markolexus
Click to report abuse...
I've been using Azureus since roughly pre-2.5 and been on the support forums for a long time pre-3.0. I've never heard of this.
kdean

Posted: Aug 19, 2009 9:59 PM   in response to: markolexus in response to: markolexus
Click to report abuse...
Are you sure it's not just triggered by the spacebar since (at least with the Classic GUI) that would cause the filter field to appear and remove any torrents that don't have a space in them. Have you tried just not leaving Vuze as the active app, thereby any key presses or clicks would not be passed to Vuze when you return. Also, you can usually come out of a Display-only sleep by just moving the mouse (at least on Mac OS X) instead of clicking it to see if that helps.
mmore1q3

Posted: Aug 19, 2009 11:10 PM   in response to: kdean in response to: kdean
Click to report abuse...
That is actually a good idea from kdean. There is a filter functionality in Vuze, and I am not sure if it would react to space if that would get passed to Vuze. The filter box might look empty to you, as space looks like space...

You might try to clear the filter box, or try to wake the PC by pressing something else. (I usually use left 'Ctrl', as it does nothing by itself).
cyb2063

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 1:34 AM   in response to: markolexus in response to: markolexus
Click to report abuse...
When the Monitor goes into sleep mode, I press space bar or give a mouse click to wake it.

As a hint for the future: You should only use ctrl, alt, shift keys or move the mouse to wake up a PC.
markolexus

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 7:32 PM   in response to: cyb2063 in response to: cyb2063
Click to report abuse...
Ah yes indeed people, many thanks, filter mode is being selected - probably by the space bar! Yes I see - at the head of the "downloaded" bar which is now in fact filter results - is some new text saying "Completed Torrents". And there's an ominous looking red X which if I click it - restores the seemingly missing torrents. Ho hum you live and learn - good advice that - use ctrl to wake up system! Very helpful all.
mmore1q3

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 10:51 PM   in response to: markolexus in response to: markolexus
Click to report abuse...
This is actually something, on which I already thought that a bug report might be written.
I tested with Vuze and it is pretty unnoticeable, if the only character in filter box is 'space' it still looks empty. I am not sure if the filter input box could be programmed to prevent a 'space' as the first character in filter.
cyb2063

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 11:35 PM   in response to: mmore1q3 in response to: mmore1q3
Click to report abuse...
Maybe the input box should change the colour to a nice warm red or something.
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums