Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Devices

Thread: PS3 Issue

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 17 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Jul 13, 2010 3:57 AM Last Post By: finny
t3haxle

PS3 Issue
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 7:53 AM
Click to report abuse...
While I'm streaming video to my PS3, it's incredibly laggy. My PS3 is able to have music streamed to it just fine from non-Vuze sources though. When I use Vuze and video, it lags in 3 second intervals. I'm using Vista, Vuze 4.2, and the 160 gig Uncharted PS3. The video is in a .mp4 format.
pono650

Re: PS3 Issue
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 11:05 AM   in response to: t3haxle in response to: t3haxle
Click to report abuse...
What is your network connection like, and are you selecting HD or SD conversion? There are an awful lot more bytes to transfer with video than with music, so I'm not sure that's a meaningful comparison....
N0KIA

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 7:21 PM   in response to: pono650 in response to: pono650
Click to report abuse...
I have the exact same problem! The videos are very choppy throughout the whole clip. I don't think it's just a PS3 issue, however, because I'm getting the same result from my Xbox 360 and iTunes.

I'm always choosing HD when I convert videos, and my download speed is 2364 kb/s. Any help?
pono650

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 9:54 AM   in response to: N0KIA in response to: N0KIA
Click to report abuse...
Just as an experiment, try converting for SD.
N0KIA

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 10:22 PM   in response to: pono650 in response to: pono650
Click to report abuse...
tried it, no luck.
dingell

Posted: Apr 22, 2009 4:25 AM   in response to: t3haxle in response to: t3haxle
Click to report abuse...
just an idea is ur ps3 wireless or are you cabled up as wireless for me is laggy to a point where i cant watch
i think my sky router cant process so much info so you need a better router or plug in ethernet cable. If ur cabled up then i aint got a clue
jonnywilkinson

Posted: Apr 24, 2009 3:29 AM   in response to: dingell in response to: dingell
Click to report abuse...
Guys...same problem here too.

The way I've got around it is to open up movies on PS3...
Select Vuze.
Then...select the converted file you want....

DON'T STREAM to view...this is what you do...

• hit the triangle button on the PS3 controller...
  • Select copy...
  • Takes around 10-15 mins per film, over the wireless
  • Then, bingo...you have a PS3 hard drive saved, direct streaming copy....works a bloody treat!!

1 problem i've noticed though, is that occasionally it reads error ocurred during copy and it quits!!!

the solution here is to re-boot the wireless box, quit Vuze and re-open it. Then try again. Some days everything copies flawlessly...others it just decides it won't do it!

Hope this helps.

JOnny.
Xeiphyer

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 1:57 AM   in response to: jonnywilkinson in response to: jonnywilkinson
Click to report abuse...
I believe you guys are going about it all wrong.

First of all Jonny, You mentioned that your doing it over wireless.. Unless you have a very expensive top of the line wireless setup, your HD videos are not going to stream very well, try it wired and you will have much better success, assuming you can wire it. Its also worth noting that when you copy the videos out of the vuze media server on the PS3, you are no longer streaming, just playing the video from your harddrive as normal, it would be faster to use a USB drive to transport videos to your PS3 if need be.

Also I had a bit of trouble with laggy video the other day, at first I assumed it was the videos I had converted because other video worked fine, however I realized that I had torrents that were downloading, they were eating all my internets. So try pausing all your torrents and other things that may be slowing your computer.

Also is your computer dual core? If so then vuze may not be using all the cpu if could be using, I came across this fact while reading about slow conversion rates, so it may apply to this situation as well.

jonnywilkinson

Posted: May 4, 2009 6:56 AM   in response to: Xeiphyer in response to: Xeiphyer
Click to report abuse...
Guys...

Wack whichever film you want to watch on your PS3 onto USB DISC.

DON'T FAF AROUND DOING ANYTHING ELSE. COPY FROM USB TO YOUR PS3 TAKES 1 MINUTE....THEN PRESTO....FAB FILMS ALL ROUND!!

Thanks to last poster fr the suggestion.

Jonny
rudeboy68

Posted: May 7, 2009 8:43 AM   in response to: t3haxle in response to: t3haxle
Click to report abuse...
My PS3 issue has gone unanswered now for a few days. Vuze does not appear at all anymore on my TV even though I'm logged in and each time I go to the ' search for media servers ' it says none found. Can anyone offer advice ? I have all the correct boxes ticked at the tools/media devices as asked when I joined up but no one gets back with any help.
This is poor and I've noticed a lot of similar responses from other users to other problems they are having.
pono650

Posted: May 7, 2009 10:03 AM   in response to: rudeboy68 in response to: rudeboy68
Click to report abuse...
It sounds like you're describing the experience within the PS3 UI -- check sections 3, 7, 8, or 9 at http://www.us.playstation.com/Support. When describing your problem you're not giving any details of your environment (the "Read Before Posting" at the top of the "Open Support" forum gives good advice on what information is helpful to provide) so I can't direct you more narrowly than that.
rudeboy68

Posted: May 7, 2009 10:54 AM   in response to: pono650 in response to: pono650
Click to report abuse...
OK I'll give it a go and thanks for replying
rudeboy68

Posted: May 11, 2009 5:05 AM   in response to: pono650 in response to: pono650
Click to report abuse...
I've checked the Devices Support and done all the things it has asked. Checked all the boxes that are to be ticked etc but I still can't get Vuze to appear on my TV anymore.

It has the icons for itunes and PS3 but as I mentioned before, the on/off icon is not there.

I have a Apple laptop macbook pro about 6 months old.

Vuze worked perfectly as soon as I joined up but after about a week or so, it stopped appearing.
Even after searching for media servers on my PS3 / TV it does not find anything.

I've checked all the PS3 settings and everything else works on it.

Any ideas ?
olly

Posted: May 17, 2009 8:48 PM   in response to: rudeboy68 in response to: rudeboy68
Click to report abuse...
hi same sort off issue ps3 wont show vuze after doing media server search.all boxe are ticked correctly.
my ps3 picks up windows media player and i can play movies that way.
would much rather use vuze and cant understand that if the ps3 can find windows media player why cant it find vuze.
is windows media player stopping vuze from being found and if so how do i rectify this.
please please pleaase help.??????????????????????????????
aakasd420

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 11:30 AM   in response to: olly in response to: olly
Click to report abuse...
im having sorta the same problem except for im not trying to put it on a ps3, or xbox or anything...since this is the closest thread to my problem im just gonna post it...when i try watching movies after i downloaded them off of vuze, the video quality is good and everything, the video just lags and freezes up every 4 seconds or so, it does that throughout the whole video for all of my movies...please help!
ross949

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 6:24 AM   in response to: aakasd420 in response to: aakasd420
Click to report abuse...
i had the same problem... i just converted it though vuze again in SD instead, it works fine and the picture is better aswell :L

streaming in HD must just be too much for r networks.....
deelmore

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 5:41 PM   in response to: rudeboy68 in response to: rudeboy68
Click to report abuse...
I had the exact same issue. When I checked the PS3 Device properties, it indicated that the PS was offline. I downloaded a newer version of Vuse, and the PS came back up. Maybe it was just coincidence, but I'm watching movies again.
finny

Posted: Jul 13, 2010 3:57 AM   in response to: jonnywilkinson in response to: jonnywilkinson
Click to report abuse...
Mate this worked perfectly. Your a legend. Cheers for your help now I can watch all my movies without that annoying lag.
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums