Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: Media already added...

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Jun 23, 2009 12:25 PM Last Post By: mitchternan
UFMatt

Media already added...
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 11:11 AM

Click to report abuse...
Alright I lost pretty much all my music, and now I'm going back to download music files I have previously downloaded but every time I try to download a torrent I have in the past, it says it's already been previously added and it won't show up in the download list. I'm positive I've deleted the torrent previously off my computer, as I had no music on my computer when I got rid of everything a couple days ago, is there any way around this?

Matt
Moltke

Re: Media already added...
Posted: Dec 22, 2008 5:27 PM   in response to: UFMatt in response to: UFMatt

Click to report abuse...
I have the same problem. I know 100% that I deleted the torrent from my computer. When I try and redown load, I get the message saying that the media has already been added. In my case, it is only happening with one specific Dune Audio Book torrent. Other torrents I have been able to re-download.
justanotheruser

Posted: Dec 23, 2008 5:26 PM   in response to: Moltke in response to: Moltke

Click to report abuse...
You could try starting Vuze after removing the downloads.config and downloads.config.bak. The files can be found in the Vuze, which is OS specific - see this link, which is part of the Read Before Posting!

This will remove knowledge of all torrents, but editing the file is possibly difficult enough to put it beyond the average user.
graphire78

Posted: Apr 22, 2009 1:29 AM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
hi

i'm on OS X 10.5.5 & facing the same problem.

The downloaded torrents vanish & I cannot seed them. When i try to add the torrent, this is the error i get.

anyway to get over this really annoying bug so that i can manage my share ratios.

thanx.
mattj2383

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 2:53 AM   in response to: UFMatt in response to: UFMatt

Click to report abuse...
Justanotheruser is correct.

I deleted these two files from Library>Application Support>Vuze and I was able to redownload the exact same file.

Funny thing is, I deleted these files while in the middle of three large downloads (after properly pausing them and shutting down Vuze). When I restarted Vuze those files were no longer downloading and I called myself an idiot for not realizing it would probably disturb my current downloads.

After downloading the duplicate torrent that started this whole thing I shut down Vuze again and put the old downloads.config and downloads.config.bak from my trash back into Vuze's application support folder. My original files were back and began to download from where they left off! They slowed down a bit it seems but will hopefully get back up there. BSG seasons 1 - 3 in HD, here I come.

Thanks for the help!
mitchternan

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 12:25 PM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
Thank you very much. Very useful info.

Mitch
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator