Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Download / Connection Problems

Thread: Downloading ONE torrent at a time

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 10:21 AM Last Post By: mmore1q3
bizso

Downloading ONE torrent at a time
Posted: Jan 4, 2009 8:19 PM
Click to report abuse...
Hi,
I've got a 2,5Mbit/1Mbit bandwidth and I use the recommended settings for downloading:

down: unlimited
up: 92 KB/s,
upload slots per torrent: 6
connections per torrent: 100
global connections: 600
max active torrents: 6
max active dl: 5

However, most of the time I only dl one torrent at a time, not 5.
Would I be able to better optimize my dl speed for one torrent if I changed some of the settings?
thx
tmars

Re: Downloading ONE torrent at a time
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 9:48 AM   in response to: bizso in response to: bizso
Click to report abuse...
I have been having the same problem of and on for a few months now...don't have a clue as to why and can't find an answer anywhere I look.
12Mb down, 3Mb up; port Properly forwarded, P-4, 3G ram, Vuze set up correctly according to all the sources we can all find and have tried. I've tried every trick I can think of and still don't get it. I'm not exactly a computer wiz but I'm certainly sharp enough for this; it's not rocket science!
Anybody with ideas?

Thanks
Washii

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 10:01 AM   in response to: tmars in response to: tmars
Click to report abuse...
Have either of you tried setting 'Min simultaneous downloads' to 2 or 3?
You might also see about unchecking 'Don't start any more torrents when upload/download speed limit is reached.' It may not help, but turn it off, Save, and allow it to run for a few minutes.

Under Options/Preferences -> Queue
mmore1q3

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 10:21 AM   in response to: bizso in response to: bizso
Click to report abuse...
bizso wrote:
Hi,
I've got a 2,5Mbit/1Mbit bandwidth and I use the recommended settings for downloading:

down: unlimited
up: 92 KB/s,
upload slots per torrent: 6
connections per torrent: 100
global connections: 600
max active torrents: 6
max active dl: 5

Settings look basicly ok, especially the fact that you have limited upload to 92 kB/s, which nicely corresponds to the practical maximum for 1Mbit upload bandwidth. If you usually have only 1 active torrent, then those are just fine.

You might decrease global connections a bit. All open connections will generate some "idle protocol chat", which will consume bandwidth.

Vuze has been configured so, that you can't force it to have over half of active torrents as downloads if you have 1st priority uploads left as seeding. This is P2P, so we have to share.

You might set in Queue options the "Min simultaneous downloads" to 2. That would enforce Vuze to have at least 2 downloads at all times. With 5 max downloads, you cant set this min value to over 2.

I have 10 Mbit / 1 Mbit connection, and the key settings are:
  • 94 kB/s max. upload (and Auto-speed classic with 150 ms choking ping latency time)
  • upload slots per torrent: 6
  • connections per torrent: 100
  • Max. global connections: 300

I like the following queue settings which limit active torrents to 5 and force at least 2 downloads, and define "first priority" until 0.5 share ratio or 90 min seeding, and continuing seeding until 1.2 share ratio.
  • Queue basic: max. simultaneuos downloads 4, Max active torrents 5, Min simultaneous downloads 2.
  • Queue Seeding First priority: all, share ratio under 0.5, elapsed time downloading ignore, elapsed seeding 90 min
  • Queue Seeding Ignore: share ratio over 1.2

With asymmetric lines, the slower uploading speed will always mean longer seeding time and patience with that, if you wish to be a good guy and share until at least 1.0 ratio.
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums