Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: Problems adding RSS Subscriptions to Vuze 4.0

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Dec 15, 2008 3:08 PM Last Post By: justanotheruser
WolvenSpectre

Problems adding RSS Subscriptions to Vuze 4.0
Posted: Oct 21, 2008 11:31 PM

Click to report abuse...
I have tried to add several different RSS subscriptions using the new built in subscriptions feature of 4.0, They are from several different tracker's feeds.

I have clicked the "+" icon, "Create New Subscription", and then the RSS Tab. When I add the XML URL and hit return and then save or just save and the window just sits there. It has done it for almost every URL I have used.

Two are the "http://www.trakername.com/RSS/category/" format, one was a "http://www.trakername.com/RSS/filename.XML?php.yadayadayada", and another is the "http://www.trakername.com/RSS/sub.XML". Non tracker RSS Subs seem to work just fine. are some trackers or website tracker software blocked?

I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Vuze 4.0
WIndows XP Home SP3 with latest updates
AMD 64X2 CPU, ASUS M2N-E Motherboard, 4 GB DDR2 800 RAM
250 GB HD
NVidia 7300 Video Card
184KB / 32KB ADSL Internet Access

Edited by: WolvenSpectre on 21-Oct-2008 11:32 PM
parg

Re: Problems adding RSS Subscriptions to Vuze 4.0
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 6:44 AM   in response to: WolvenSpectre in response to: WolvenSpectre

Click to report abuse...
There's a bug in 4.0.0.0 whereby if the URL is invalid in some way, or the name of the subscription clashes with one already subscribed to (fixed in 4002 to be released soon) then the creation silently fails. However. not sure if this is your problem. Can you email me an actual URL you are using so I can try and reproduce it? parg- at -users- dot -sourceforge- dot -net

thanks
dhillormac

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 10:05 AM   in response to: parg in response to: parg

Click to report abuse...
The Auto-download does appear to work. I've checked it and nothing happens.
gerundgrinder

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 1:48 AM   in response to: parg in response to: parg

Click to report abuse...
Hi - I'm new here, however, I do experience an rss-problem which I cannot exactly trace in this forum though it might already have been talked about.

I am not trying to subscribe torrents or similar, but my "regular" rss-feeds including job vacancies etc. on some selected sites. After my computer's having crashed last week I had to format the hard-drive and I am now adding all relevant programs - latest versions where possible. This includes vuze.

All my feeds had been spread around on google, yahoo, etc. blogs or profile sites. I wanted to get rid of them at the occasion of haveing had to format the drive. I would have loved to just add the to vuze, however, it doesn't work. Adding them directly from the relevant page doesn't work due to the missing reader-information for vuze (resp. azureus). Trying to create them from vuze doesn't work since all links I try - and all links I try are official and correct feed links! - end up in a big exclamation-mark under vuze and the subscription itself is - e m p t y.

How can I manage my rss-feeds / subscriptions under vuze in a satisfactory way?

Thanks a lot for your assistance!!

gerundgrinder
justanotheruser

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 3:08 PM   in response to: gerundgrinder in response to: gerundgrinder

Click to report abuse...
I'm a little confused as to what you are trying to do. Vuze isn't a general purpose rss feed reader. It may very well have certain expectations about the content of a rss feed, being that its purpose is to inform the client of new torrents from a certain tracker. These expectations may be the cause of a non-torrent rss feed showing up as blank.
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums