Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: download more than 4 torrents

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Dec 19, 2011 6:44 AM Last Post By: rockwater
xfold
download more than 4 torrents
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 11:42 PM
Click to report abuse...
i would like to know how i cant download more than 4 torrents on vuze. where do i go to change this setting if theres one? any help will be appreciated :).
Fishbowler

Re: download more than 4 torrents
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 1:23 AM   in response to: xfold in response to: xfold
Click to report abuse...
See the Good Settings guide.
You probably shouldn't download more than 4 at once.
randompersonA
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 10:11 AM   in response to: xfold in response to: xfold
Click to report abuse...
Just force the downloads by right clicking on them and selecting "Force Download". That did it for me. Or go to options and that "setup Azureus thing and it'll allow you to select how many you can have going at one time based on what internet speed you select.

If that doesn't work, not sure?
fos42

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 8:12 PM   in response to: randompersonA in response to: randompersonA
Click to report abuse...
If you're going to force start your torrents, just ignore all the good settings and other advice we offer to help you achieve good speeds. Because that's what force starting does.
Fishbowler

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 4:18 AM   in response to: fos42 in response to: fos42
Click to report abuse...
^ that ^

The good settings will get you the most content per given time-period. If you use force start to get 10 torrents running at once, the overhead of all of those connections, and of the protocol traffic involved in that many connections will be enormous.

Also: In some cases, you can even go so far as to crash your router under the load, or make it reject connections based on the fact it thinks its under attack!
assassin93

Posted: Aug 24, 2011 5:15 AM   in response to: xfold in response to: xfold
Click to report abuse...
hey guys are there sombody there can help me i have just insalled vuze but how can i dawnload free movies ???????
Bubba

Posted: Aug 24, 2011 8:54 AM   in response to: xfold in response to: xfold
Click to report abuse...
First thing you should do, after going to "help/NAT-Firewall-test" in the Azureus-menu and confirming you are connectable
is go to "/tools/options/mode" in Azureus and choose "advanced" !
Also check what port Azureus is set to use ! (Or even better : choose one yourself !!
Obviously, if the NAT-test fails you need to fix that)
Next, you need to check that 'auto-speed' hasn't set some ridiculously low limits ..
It often does that during the first install, especially if you haven't port-forwarded properly .
Go to "Tools/Options/queue" and review the settings .
If you don't get anyway near your max download-speed (assuming you fixed any NAT-issues !)
it is totally acceptable to increase to max number of simultaneous downloads and also the max number of running torrents .
rockwater

Posted: Dec 17, 2011 4:23 AM   in response to: Bubba in response to: Bubba
Click to report abuse...
First of all: be sure to have read the good settings page: http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Good_settings. And you should also have good torrents: http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Good_torrent.

Second: there can be good reasons to increase the max number of simultaneous downloads and the max number of running torrents, but do so only in moderation, for too many active torrents will waste your bandwidth with overhead data. Note that the number of max active torrents includes both downloading and seeding torrents. Another way to get more torents running is to specify (on the Options / Queue page) when a torrent should be counted. Increasing the speed limit for Don't count torrent as using a download slot if speed limit is below or Don't count completed torrent as using a slot if speed is below will also result in more active torrents. But remember: more running torrents = more protocol data traffic, so don't indulge.

The golden rule is to get the highest speed with the fewest active torrents.
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums