Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: How to transfer downloads in Vuze library to another computer

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Sep 22, 2012 5:41 PM Last Post By: vast0l0rd
vast0l0rd

How to transfer downloads in Vuze library to another computer
Posted: Jun 29, 2012 11:38 AM

Click to report abuse...
Hello, I'm getting a new computer and I would like to transfer downloads i have on Vuze to another computer

I have some questions about this though
People have told me I can just copy-paste the torrents/videos onto the new computer, but I don't understand how that'll work

When I open my videos, I just go to the Vuze library to open the videos I want to watch
If I just copy-paste the videos onto the new computer, how will the new Vuze I downloaded for that computer recognize that this torrent is downloaded already?

My question may sound weird, but I am basically wondering if there's a possible way to transfer torrents/videos onto the new computer without having to download them again

I have read the help forums on the vuzewiki, but I still don't really understand what they're trying to say
parg

Re: How to transfer downloads in Vuze library to another computer
Posted: Jun 29, 2012 11:53 AM   in response to: vast0l0rd in response to: vast0l0rd

Click to report abuse...
There's a new feature in the latest Beta of Vuze (see the Help menu option to join the Beta program) that allows you to backup and restore your Vuze configuration (Tools->Options->backup & restore)

It doesn't do anything with the actual downloads/transcodes, you still need to migrate these yourself to the same physical location on the new machine. It does however allow you to migrate your Vuze configuration by backing up the old stuff and restoring it on the new machine.
vast0l0rd

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 7:50 PM   in response to: parg in response to: parg

Click to report abuse...
Can you explain to me what migrating the Vuze configuration is?
parg

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 9:47 PM   in response to: vast0l0rd in response to: vast0l0rd

Click to report abuse...
that'd be all the stuff you set up (things in your library, options, subscriptions, search templates)
vast0l0rd

Posted: Sep 22, 2012 5:41 PM   in response to: parg in response to: parg

Click to report abuse...
So I can't just copy+paste the torrents on my old computer and put them into a 500GB harddrive and then copy+paste that back into the new computer?
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums