Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: Seeking best paid movie download site

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Mar 28, 2012 11:21 PM Last Post By: Spikeygrrl
Spikeygrrl

Seeking best paid movie download site
Posted: Mar 4, 2012 3:11 PM

Click to report abuse...
As of less than a month ago, until my hard drive died and had to be replaced, I was using Vuze as the portal for a paid movie download site (which apparently no longer exists). This service included movies, TV shows, entire books in .pdf, freeware, and many other categories of media. When I went to buy another membership to activate on the new hard disk, I could no longer find my former site AND can find nothing similar under either keywords "paid movie download membership" OR "review best movie download sites" (this last is where I found my original service).

What's up? Have the laws changed so much in the 2 years since I bought that original 3-year membership that ***NO*** such services exist anymore?

Any/all suggestions are welcome! I just want to find a new membership that will allow me to enjoy Vuze as fully as I did only one month ago...sigh...
gazza-911

Re: Seeking best paid movie download site
Posted: Mar 5, 2012 9:13 AM   in response to: Spikeygrrl in response to: Spikeygrrl

Click to report abuse...
I suggest getting an invite to a private torrent site; some allow you to register via donation, but please check with the sites first.
Spikeygrrl

Posted: Mar 27, 2012 9:50 PM   in response to: gazza-911 in response to: gazza-911

Click to report abuse...
Alas, I have NO idea what this means (TOLJA I'm no techie!)

I do have the option of "importing a template" for other torrent sites into Vuze, but I have no idea how to do that either :(
zigyasu

Posted: Mar 28, 2012 11:44 AM   in response to: Spikeygrrl in response to: Spikeygrrl

Click to report abuse...
Hii, I will suggest you to type download movies keyword on the Google or download (movie name) and then from the list you can chose a lot of sites...

submit articles
Spikeygrrl

Posted: Mar 28, 2012 11:21 PM   in response to: zigyasu in response to: zigyasu

Click to report abuse...
With respect, I don't think you understood my question.

With my former service, I paid a yearly membership for all of this: 1) Vuze front-end, which then called out to 2) unlimited downloads from the service's own library of copyrighted movies, music, and games, PLUS 3) unlimited downloads from the libraries of a whole multiplicity of other torrent sites (there were about 10 of them; now the right-side column of my Vuze shows only three).

The more I research this, the more convinced I am that this sort of service has been outlawed. But isn't it odd that I had full functionality before I had to replace my hard drive...and NOT thereafter? Doesn't that sound like too much of a timing coincidence? If it was really due to the laws changing and some of those other sites shutting down, wouldn't those other sites have disappeared one by one, not all at once during a 48-hour hardware swap-out?

I think the name of it was MovieTime or MoviePlace, and I originally found it by googling "best movie download sites," which gave me a list of "expert's" Top Ten. The same search now yields only sites like Netflix and Amazon, which allow one to WATCH movies but not download them to own them forever/burn them onto my own disks.

So I ask again: Does any legitimately paid site still work like this?
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums