Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: Get Safari on my Mac to use Vuze as default Torrent app ?

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Apr 15, 2012 9:04 PM Last Post By: sudon't
saoir

Get Safari on my Mac to use Vuze as default Torrent app ?
Posted: Mar 18, 2012 5:42 PM

Click to report abuse...
MacOSX 10.6.8
Safari 5.1.4

Anyone know how to get Safari on my Mac to use Vuze as default Torrent app ? and for Magnet links ?

It keeps opening Limewire.

Saoir

saoir

Re: Get Safari on my Mac to use Vuze as default Torrent app ?
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 1:17 PM   in response to: saoir in response to: saoir

Click to report abuse...
No one ?
Sukey

Posted: Mar 25, 2012 11:08 PM   in response to: saoir in response to: saoir

Click to report abuse...
Saoir,

Mac OS X makes it easy to change file associations, which determine what programs are used to open various file types.

To change what program opens a file type, you first need to open a file's information window. This can be done by selecting the file and clicking "Get Info" from the File menu. Or you can simply right-click (Control-click for single button mouse users) on the file and select "Get Info" from the contextual menu that pops up.

Notice the section in the middle of the window that says "Open with." When you click the drop-down menu, it will show you a list of applications that can open the selected file type. Select the program that you would like to open the file and close the information window. When you double-click the file, it will open using the program you selected. When you first see the drop-down menu, it is probably going to have Limewire there.

You can also change what program opens all files of a certain type. To do this, first select the program you want to use in the drop-down menu, then, before closing the window, click the Change All... button.

You should be prompted to confirm the change with an alert window.

Sukey
saoir

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 9:16 AM   in response to: Sukey in response to: Sukey

Click to report abuse...
Thanks for the reply Sukey ...

I understand and appreciate your instructions .. but where do I get a file from Magnet, for example, and what kind of file extension will it have ?

The only torrents I have downloaded so far are .torrent files that auto open Vuze.
macjedi1

Posted: Apr 14, 2012 8:33 AM   in response to: saoir in response to: saoir

Click to report abuse...
today is a very strange day.. always the same Wash.,dc,Law Sex Offense, Computer, Communication ,Id. Theft, Fraud ,Sexual Harassment, False Personation, Aggravated Circumstance, Repeat Attempt, Involuntary committal, Masculinity, Reputation ,Slander & Libel Threat in Wrongful Endangerment, VICTIM OF CRIME Sexual Assault Verbal Assault & Battery instigation, PATTERN &' LEd.,Jrl "Enormity"L., LDef. Autocite /R. processiong in IPR~ US Copyright Law 17 U.S. CODE SERVICE , CHAPTER I, International Treaty Law Intellectual Property Law Agreement, Treaty & Entreaty ,Treatment "inter alais" , Mutatam et mutatis Particular MY SEX-LIFE autobiogr. copyri. Preemption in Bar Biogr. & Bibliogr. serial copyri.composition effect the UnInalienable & Indivisible Right Pursuit &; Pursuance IN LAISSEZ FAIRE Private International Ambition , Plan & Travel arrangement Private Author, Writter , Artist ,Estate Legacy Affixation serial Life-Story &Compulsory License Ability Private IndividualPropriety "durable power of attorney SELF HELP..Mandamus ascertainment L.,PARA wash.,Dc,Law Author, Artist,*" reserving all first copyng right for original creator & "barring against encroachment !! "*That any all OfficalCapacity resemling that Diplomatic extortion laundering Forgery, Counterfeitng Plaguirism WILLFULL INFRINGEMENT claim Diplomatic Privilege ImmunityPower authority right doesnot excuse!!
sudon't

Posted: Apr 15, 2012 9:04 PM   in response to: saoir in response to: saoir

Click to report abuse...
What other type of file do you want Vuze to open? You say yourself that .torrent files automatically open Vuze. That's the only kind of file Vuze works with, and it seems it is set up as the default app already. Any file you get from any torrent site will be of this type. When you download a torrent file via Safari, you will still have to double-click on it. Safari won't pass it directly to Vuze. You can do that in Safari's download window, though. <option+command+l> (that's an L)
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums