Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: How do I seed my files?

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Dec 7, 2010 4:29 PM Last Post By: Ruins
Ruins

How do I seed my files?
Posted: Dec 6, 2010 10:39 AM

Click to report abuse...
I certainly enjoy taking advantage of all the available torrents (music, movies, etc) so I'd like to seed some of the stuff I've downloaded, especially the stuff with lack of seeds around. After I finish downloading through Vuze, I take the files out of the Vuze Downloads folder and move them to where I keep everything organized; in doing so I have to change the directory for the files to seed but it doesn't seem to work. Is there some way to add files back into Vuze and let it sit while I'm gone so people can get some love from my end? :)
justanotheruser

Re: How do I seed my files?
Posted: Dec 6, 2010 11:45 AM   in response to: Ruins in response to: Ruins
Helpful
Click to report abuse...
The simple answer is to move the files from within Vuze. So for new torrents do the following. Right click on the torrent and select Advanced : Files : Move Data Files...

For torrents still in Vuze that are currently broken simply right click on the torrent and the top option should be something like find missing files.

For torrents you have removed from Vuze simply add them from the file menu (File : Open : Torrent File...) and in there you can select the destination. In this case first set the torrent to seed (drop down menu in the window) and the files will turn red as you don't have the correct location. They will turn black once the right location is given.
Ruins

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 4:22 PM   in response to: justanotheruser in response to: justanotheruser

Click to report abuse...
Thanks man, got it!

Edited by: Ruins on Dec 7, 2010 4:27 PM (Question answered!)
Ruins

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 4:29 PM   in response to: Ruins in response to: Ruins

Click to report abuse...
I looked around and tried making a new torrent, I should slap myself because obviously that's all I had to do. Thanks for the help!
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums