Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: Search Template

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 29 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Aug 23, 2012 4:03 PM Last Post By: catchersmom
gadg3tman

Search Template
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 3:58 PM

Click to report abuse...
Hi All.

Recently my Vuze software updated and once completed it decided to remove all of my custom search templates for torrent searches in the meta search engine. I have found a bunch of templates for my usual sites isohunt, piratebay, kickasstorrents, but I can't find a template anywhere for btjunkie.com and this is one I really rely on. I have spent countless hours looking for it. I would appreciate any help to anyone who knows where I can find it because its driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance for any assisstance.
hatemelikemelove

Re: Search Template
Posted: Oct 21, 2010 8:34 AM   in response to: gadg3tman in response to: gadg3tman
Correct
Click to report abuse...
For Kickass Torrents.....On right of page is goodies, below that hit Vuze Template

For BTjunkie......At the VERY bottom of the page is Vuze Template

Hope this helps :)

I'm working on finding the others, just reinstalled Vuze due to problems and lost all templates!!!!

gadg3tman

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 5:14 PM   in response to: gadg3tman in response to: gadg3tman

Click to report abuse...
Dude thank you so much for pointing that out, I never noticed that was there. :)
supkiersten

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 8:06 PM   in response to: gadg3tman in response to: gadg3tman

Click to report abuse...
I am new to vuze and don't understand where these torrent templates are when you say on the right and at the bottom. please help! thank you!
supkiersten

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 8:11 PM   in response to: supkiersten in response to: supkiersten

Click to report abuse...
nevermind.. figured it out once i got to the website
The Lone Ranger

Posted: Oct 23, 2010 7:39 AM   in response to: supkiersten in response to: supkiersten

Click to report abuse...
I have not been able to locate can you help me please, I am also new to this.
jtgturner047

Posted: Oct 23, 2010 8:46 AM   in response to: gadg3tman in response to: gadg3tman

Click to report abuse...
Why is the web search feature the only results from vuze.? what happened to the original vuze.?

I cant get the search results to turn up in a downloadable for . They are all in google like having google inside vuze.
How do i keep this feature and use the old vuze results to download , or even get rid of it .
iangrant

Posted: Oct 23, 2010 3:11 PM   in response to: gadg3tman in response to: gadg3tman

Click to report abuse...
Attachment templates.zip (3.7 KB)
Hey, I was looking around for some Vuze MetaSearch Templates and I found the following ones - see attached files.

To install them you just need to download the .vuze files and double click them. Alternatively use the File menu in Vuze to open the .vuze file.

http://www.kickasstorrents.com/content/kickasstorrents.vuze
http://www.vertor.com/vertor.vuze
http://www.torrentzap.com/torrentzap.vuze
http://btjunkie.org/btjunkie.vuze
http://extratorrent.com/
http://torrentz.com/

Have fun!

guest9999

Posted: Oct 25, 2010 11:33 AM   in response to: iangrant in response to: iangrant

Click to report abuse...
kammie126

Posted: Oct 26, 2010 8:39 AM   in response to: guest9999 in response to: guest9999

Click to report abuse...
Great that seems to be helping. That link you sent me, was this to update different search engine templates so it will search throughout more torrent sites? Whatever it is it seemed to be just what I was looking for! Thanks again for the help!
Cabbie66

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 10:00 AM   in response to: hatemelikemelove in response to: hatemelikemelove

Click to report abuse...
You are the business , thanks . really
Kate_mc75

Posted: Nov 22, 2010 11:10 AM   in response to: iangrant in response to: iangrant

Click to report abuse...
Marvelous!! Thank you for sharing!!
MultiBlade

Posted: Nov 27, 2010 9:07 PM   in response to: gadg3tman in response to: gadg3tman

Click to report abuse...
can someone give me a link to an isohunt search template?
i had one but the little download button wouldnt come up so im asking if anyone has a working one
wheninrome

Posted: Jan 16, 2011 6:20 PM   in response to: iangrant in response to: iangrant

Click to report abuse...
Just re-installed Vuze. Could not figure out how to add these templates. Your zip file did the trick. So easy just click on them and accept. Thank you much for making this easy after 2 hours.
kpmiami

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 8:49 PM   in response to: iangrant in response to: iangrant

Click to report abuse...
Thank you very much. This is of great help.... I was going crazy trying to download movies after the upgarde. Now it works...
MeAnette

Posted: Apr 13, 2011 4:14 AM   in response to: iangrant in response to: iangrant

Click to report abuse...
Hello there,

Im all new, and have trouble with finding these templates, i have read some of this forums answers, and i have gotten some of the templates from those sites you but out, but i still dont get where ore how im going to get them.

Please help me.
BelleBell

Posted: Apr 25, 2011 5:34 AM   in response to: hatemelikemelove in response to: hatemelikemelove

Click to report abuse...
I did it that 2 weeks ago with kickass on another laptop and it worked great. Then I tried today on my own laptop...and I can download the template, but it won't go into Vuze. I keep getting an error message :-( I need my kickass torrents!

Any suggestions?
tonton1

Posted: Jun 23, 2011 7:07 AM   in response to: iangrant in response to: iangrant

Click to report abuse...
thank you, great help
hawaiianflyer

Posted: Oct 20, 2011 1:20 PM   in response to: gadg3tman in response to: gadg3tman

Click to report abuse...
I still cannot get Meta search to work , even after i installed the URL as mentioned in other questions / answers.

What to do ?
cmoneygrip

Posted: Mar 3, 2012 12:45 PM   in response to: gadg3tman in response to: gadg3tman

Click to report abuse...
can anyone help me, all of a sudden all my search templates are disabled and I can't activate them by the process given. every time I do a search, I get zero results????
gazza-911

Posted: Mar 3, 2012 4:09 PM   in response to: cmoneygrip in response to: cmoneygrip

Click to report abuse...
You need to search on more sites; to be able to search more of them, download the files then double click each one in windows explorer to install

Download search templates

OR

Magnet Link

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1518d5475dd3093102954be3ceb7819723d2c1e9&dn=vuze-search-templates&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%2Fannounce
chessie-james

Posted: Mar 11, 2012 11:18 AM   in response to: cmoneygrip in response to: cmoneygrip

Click to report abuse...
Attachment TPBSe.vuze (1.0 KB)
Attachment KAT.vuze (805 bytes)
Attachment Extratorrent.vuze (931 bytes)
Attachment isohunt.vuze (955 bytes)
Righty ho....First off search for anything.eg football, then when you see Vuze and Mininova and the right hand side, underneath the "show results from" you will see add/edit.click that.....uncheck that says use the sites most popular and check the sites you want to use.....click save.....all done. I am attaching some working templates, tested/written by me, all working as of 11/03/2012. Hope this helps.To install the templates double click on them and accept in vuze.....cya....
galnastavalla

Posted: Mar 23, 2012 1:08 PM   in response to: chessie-james in response to: chessie-james

Click to report abuse...
No, it doesn't work!!

Fucking shit, ripping my hair off now!!
Can't get this to work... too lame results!

Search for mp3 will result in only 90 (!) results.
It's 50 results from extratorrents and 29 from KAT..
The rest is vuze crap an nonworking templates..

Why isn't this working, tried many different templates but nothing seems right to me!
If I, for example, search the KAT website I get 10k results, and that's more appropriate..

Why is there a searchfunction if it deosn't work at all, ever?

Please help!

Kind regards, Victor
sudon't

Posted: Mar 24, 2012 1:21 PM   in response to: chessie-james in response to: chessie-james

Click to report abuse...
The search templates that chessie-james linked to seem to work fine - for now.

What I don't understand is why they all stopped working in the first place. Vuze (the app) worked great, out of the box, for as long as I'd had it. I never added any search templates, or even knew they existed. I just used the ones that came with it. Then about a month or so ago I suddenly stopped getting results. I came to the forums to try and figure it out, and found out the problem was with the search templates. But many of the linked templates, admittedly from older posts, didn't work either. I installed tons of different search templates, but they either didn't work, or if they did work, they didn't return useful results. Or they returned good results, but I'd get an error like this:

Downloading From :http://www.vertor.com/index.php?mod=download&&&&...
Error : No data contained in 'http://www.vertor.com/index.php?mod=download&id=2606464'

So my question is: What exactly is going on with these search templates? Why did they suddenly stop working?
bwr248

Posted: Mar 25, 2012 10:46 AM   in response to: chessie-james in response to: chessie-james

Click to report abuse...
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I had just about given up on Vuze when I found your search templates. Now I find all the programs I am trying to find. Before, nothing, came up on the search.

No one ever told me about SEARCH TEMPLATES. I'm glad I found your response.

Barry
Malcomjordan32

Posted: Apr 11, 2012 6:03 PM   in response to: bwr248 in response to: bwr248

Click to report abuse...
Hi I have the same problem how you fixed and I cant download the template of kickass torrent you can help me

Some have the right url and what time zone and need to choice
bennorman1

Posted: Apr 12, 2012 7:01 AM   in response to: gadg3tman in response to: gadg3tman

Click to report abuse...
Very useful information thanks for sharing friends...

chessie-james

Posted: Apr 18, 2012 11:26 PM   in response to: Malcomjordan32 in response to: Malcomjordan32

Click to report abuse...
Hello Everyone

Nice to see that some people are listening/reading. Unfortunately it seems the new owners of TPB.se are determined to make my life a misery and keep fucking about with their site so my template shows the correct info, but wont magnet link (tossers!). I will investigate later on. My KAT, IsoHunt and Extra Torent templates are working just fine however. Please feel free to PM me if you have any problems.

Chessie-james
Sailspirit

Posted: Jul 1, 2012 3:58 AM   in response to: chessie-james in response to: chessie-james

Click to report abuse...
Thank you thank you thank you - I have spent the last 4 hours trying to get my Vuze up and running on a new computer and couldn't get the search results to work nor the search templates - just too complicated with the " %/s " comment in the URL etc etc for someone who is an average computer user but just couldn't get that part to work - thank you for the templates - they work for me now!
:)
catchersmom

Posted: Aug 23, 2012 4:03 PM   in response to: BelleBell in response to: BelleBell

Click to report abuse...
I am having the same problem and so is a lot of other vuze users so technical support must know about this problem. It's been ongoing for over a month.

The search templates will not save. I get an error message after I have downloaded and added them to the side bar. WHAT'S GOING ON??? Please help!
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums