Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Download / Connection Problems

Thread: Kickasstorrents down from Vuze

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 23 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Apr 9, 2012 11:06 AM Last Post By: jeffnicolas1
boy123abc

Kickasstorrents down from Vuze
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 12:20 PM

Click to report abuse...
Attachment Vuze.png (19.2 KB)
Hi,

Is it me or does anyone else notice that you cant download from kickasstorrents anymore using the vuze search?
How can I get it back?
kronnick

Re: Kickasstorrents down from Vuze
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 1:50 PM   in response to: boy123abc in response to: boy123abc

Click to report abuse...
hi
download search template here (http://www.kickasstorrents.com/content/kickasstorrents.vuze) , then run the file, the search template will be installed in vuze, try rerun the search. hope u will get it this time.

Edited by: Washii on Aug 14, 2010 3:57 PM
Removed the pluses as it broke the link; italicizing entire parenthetical chunk instead
DeftlySpun

Posted: Aug 13, 2010 8:32 PM   in response to: boy123abc in response to: boy123abc

Click to report abuse...
You are not alone. It disappeared for me too. No idea why.

Just went to: http://www.kickasstorrents.com/content/kickasstorrents.vuze

It worked. kickasstorrents is back when I search in Vuze.

One note however. The + symbols at either end of the URL in kronnick’s post? When the URL was hyperlinked it picked up the + symbol on the end. So if you click on the URL in kronnick’s post you may get the message “404 Not Found.” I copied the URL to Word and there deleted the + symbol. Then copied and pasted from there to my browser and it worked OK.

Edited by: DeftlySpun on Aug 13, 2010 8:45 PM
vuzykat

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 3:47 AM   in response to: DeftlySpun in response to: DeftlySpun

Click to report abuse...
Thank you for this . The template is back indeed but no searches from KAT appear????. What to do now?. Thank you for any advice you can give.
spankler

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 11:19 AM   in response to: boy123abc in response to: boy123abc

Click to report abuse...
Vuze seems to randomly decide what it will and won't support. This a.m., the ONLY results were from Vuze, then I had to redo my template and KAT wasn't there. I went to KAT & dl'd their template for Vuze, installed it and it showed up for the 1st search, then stopped and was grayed out. Installed again and same results. My question is why this sh*t doesn't happen to sites like Sumotoreent or TorrentPortal where half their crap is fake to begin with.
Washii

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 3:59 PM   in response to: spankler in response to: spankler

Click to report abuse...
I don't really think it's a matter of Vuze not supporting it. Something in the backend or on Kickass' side appears to keep breaking, as this happens all the time for Kickass and I believe one other.
vuzykat

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 3:28 AM   in response to: Washii in response to: Washii

Click to report abuse...
Yep that's right. I had the same problems. I downloaded KAT template but it took 24 hours to kick in. Its working again. It all might have to do with their server move from Ukraine to the Netherlands.

Edited by: vuzykat on Aug 15, 2010 3:28 AM
LadyDeeByrd

Posted: Aug 15, 2011 11:23 PM   in response to: kronnick in response to: kronnick

Click to report abuse...
org.gudy.azureus2.core3.torrent.TOTorrentException: Error reading torrent file 'C:\Users\Diane Duarte\AppData\Roaming\Azureus\torrents\kickasstorrents.vuze - Error reading torrent: dictionary key is too large, max=65536: value=update_url_check_secsi86400e7:versioni18e15:web.auth_method11:transparent13:web.auto_datei1e8:web.mapsld5:fieldi1e4:name5:titlee
at org.gudy.azureus2.core3.torrent.impl.TOTorrentDeserialiseImpl.<init>(TOTorrentDeserialiseImpl.java:75)
at org.gudy.azureus2.core3.torrent.TOTorrentFactory.deserialiseFromBEncodedFile(TOTorrentFactory.java:56)
at org.gudy.azureus2.core3.util.TorrentUtils.readFromFile(TorrentUtils.java:145)
at org.gudy.azureus2.core3.util.TorrentUtils.readFromFile(TorrentUtils.java:109)
at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.OpenTorrentWindow.addTorrent(OpenTorrentWindow.java:2093)
at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.OpenTorrentWindow.addTorrents(OpenTorrentWindow.java:1979)
at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.OpenTorrentWindow.invoke(OpenTorrentWindow.java:247)
at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.mainwindow.TorrentOpener$6.runSupport(TorrentOpener.java:431)
at org.gudy.azureus2.core3.util.AERunnable.run(AERunnable.java:38)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:134)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4041)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3660)
at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.mainwindow.SWTThread.<init>(SWTThread.java:284)
at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.mainwindow.SWTThread.createInstance(SWTThread.java:63)
at com.aelitis.azureus.ui.swt.Initializer.<init>(Initializer.java:163)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main.<init>(Main.java:114)
at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main.main(Main.java:292)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.aelitis.azureus.launcher.MainExecutor$1.run(MainExecutor.java:37)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

this is the error i get when i tried to do that... so whats the next possible solution

newname600

Posted: Aug 16, 2011 8:44 AM   in response to: LadyDeeByrd in response to: LadyDeeByrd

Click to report abuse...
I see that link is a year old maybe thats the trouble. Make sure your java is up to date and then try the kickass torrent out of this bunch.

http://torrage.com/torrent/1518D5475DD3093102954BE3CEB7819723D2C1E9.torrent
cheethambruce

Posted: Aug 17, 2011 8:36 PM   in response to: boy123abc in response to: boy123abc

Click to report abuse...
I tried several times to download the kickass torrent...but kept getting a error?.......could that be from firefox....unable to run download
Angel-Eyes

Posted: Aug 17, 2011 9:16 PM   in response to: boy123abc in response to: boy123abc

Click to report abuse...
Hi,

I keep getting 404 Page Not Found when I try to open a download for kickasstorrents page and then it shows I have kickasstorrents in my search engine lists but I tried to add it again and it says "invalid .vuze file".
Any suggestions please?
BigAlToo

Posted: Aug 18, 2011 3:31 PM   in response to: Angel-Eyes in response to: Angel-Eyes

Click to report abuse...
I am having same problem with kickass when you try and download, you get the message page not found.
any sugesions?
:PAL

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 12:17 PM   in response to: newname600 in response to: newname600

Click to report abuse...
Beware: I've tried some of these templates before, and they didn't work...
Notwithstanding, I've run the KickassTorrents.vuze template on my "expendable" machine (Windows desktop), and,after that, Vuze wasn't returning any KaT results at all!
Better to wait for somebody who knows what they're talking about to come along and help us...
bctikatrinab

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 11:07 PM   in response to: boy123abc in response to: boy123abc

Click to report abuse...
I am also having this same issue,

I tried this link and got the below error message: http://www.kickasstorrents.com/content/kickasstorrents.vuze

Open Error

'C:\Users\Katrina\AppData\Local\Temp\kickasstorrents.vuze' could not be opened:
Error reading torrent file 'C:\Users\Katrina\AppData\Roaming\Azureus\torrents\kickasstorrents.vuze - Error reading torrent: dictionary key is too large, max=65536: value=update_url_check_secsi86400e7:versioni18e15:web.auth_method11:transparent13:web.auto_datei1e8:web.mapsld5:fieldi1e4:name5:titlee

Then I tried this link ( http://torrage.com/torrent/1518D5475DD3093102954BE3CEB7819723D2C1E9.torrent and Vuze gave me the below message:

Media has already been added as 'Vuze Search Templates'

Are there any answers out there?
ma10100

Posted: Aug 21, 2011 4:36 PM   in response to: boy123abc in response to: boy123abc

Click to report abuse...
Alright guys, this probably isn't the proper way to get kickass back, but it does work.
Problem: kick ass torrents doesn't come on Vuze 4.6, along with btjunkie.
Solution: Completely uninstall Vuze 4.6. When that is finished, go to oldapps.com and download Azureus Vuze 4.5.0.4 found here: http://www.oldapps.com/azureus.php?old_azureus=49
When Vuze starts, your old favorite templates will be back on all searches. And Vuze will automatically update itself to version 4.6, retaining your search templates.
Again, I know that's not the "proper" fix, but I've used it on 2 computers with great results. Hope this helps, the problem itself is unbearably frustrating.
ing570

Posted: Aug 21, 2011 6:56 PM   in response to: ma10100 in response to: ma10100

Click to report abuse...
To ma10100
I am having the same trouble as everyone else i cant get kickass torrents to work anymore but im at least not getting the other error coming up. If i was to follow your advice and uninstall vuze will i loose all my movies in the library? If so i can save them but i have tried in the past to put them back in there and i dont know how. Do you know how to restore back into the library? Any help would be appreciated.
BigAlToo

Posted: Aug 23, 2011 12:18 PM   in response to: ma10100 in response to: ma10100

Click to report abuse...
hey guys this works, boy am I happy I love the easy way Vuze works, and I thought I had lost it for good. Thanks again
Mr,White

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 7:11 AM   in response to: boy123abc in response to: boy123abc

Click to report abuse...
Hi everyone!
As an official representative of KAT.ph I can assure that the issue is fixed.
We noticed this problem a while ago and it was fixed as soon as we got to it, so from now on you can use Vuze search to download from KAT.ph!
wimvandenberg123

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 4:40 AM   in response to: boy123abc in response to: boy123abc

Click to report abuse...
hello,

Found a simple solution. Download on Kickass (kat.ph) some torrents. Open Vuze and it picks them up by itself for download!
wownice908

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 6:46 PM   in response to: kronnick in response to: kronnick

Click to report abuse...
From the download again search
dj suave

Posted: Mar 15, 2012 9:40 AM   in response to: boy123abc in response to: boy123abc

Click to report abuse...
Whenever I attempted to search for something, I used to get more than just Mininova, Subscriptions and Vuse search engines (torrents) looking for results. I'm using the latest version of Vuze; 4.7.0.2. Earlier versions always utilized bittorrents and kickasstorrents in addition to Vuze, Mininova and Subsciption. Search are pretty lame now . Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Please pm with info
Dancing Bear

Posted: Mar 20, 2012 11:34 PM   in response to: dj suave in response to: dj suave

Click to report abuse...
I found the same thing!! Recently updated thinking that might help, Nope.. It didnt still only had the basics and absolute rubbish with results of searching..

It took me a while to get some good torrents..
I did delete my 4.7 version out of my computer and put an older version in 4.5 is good.. http://www.oldapps.com/azureus.php?old_azureus=49 ( No bugs or viruses )
that automatically gives you kickass ( it works ) , Terrentz, and another one.. which are all great for searching..with great results..
Even if you download an older version, it still prompts you to upgrade to 4.7 and if you are plus member, that also reinstalls..
It allows you to keep the torrents you have just installed form the older version.. 3 extra..
If you want to stop there Its all good.. all of those torrents actually give fantastic results..

If you want more.
You can also go to a Vuze template website and download more torrents.. But i found half dont work and one just brings up stuff that i think is bogus.. which is bitsnoop..

But podtropolis is good and Torrent matrix is also good.. I got them from this site.. https://sites.google.com/site/vuzetemplates/home/templates-download

Keep in mind not all the torrents work from this site.. Just a few, Its just trial and error.. Just dont download BitSnoop.. it comes up with crap.

But if all you are after is a Kiackasstorrents that works.. Try what i did, Delete 4.7 out of your computer.. Download 4.5.. Link is posted above.. and you have a Kickasstorrent Link that works. even after you allow vuze to upgrade you to 4.7 , You still get to keep your Kickasstorrent.

Edited by: Dancing Bear on 20-Mar-2012 23:39
zulu_time

THANK YOU!
Posted: Mar 31, 2012 4:48 PM   in response to: newname600 in response to: newname600

Click to report abuse...
too many HD distractions throughout this incarnation made turning the big 50 a particularly frustrating engagement (mentally taxxing, nevermind the body drama)

for the life of me I couldn't figure out HITH to create or ADD in a CUSTOM TEMPLATE and while my yestertears were filled with "... writer..." and "...author...", remarks; these days trying to express my thoughts in an understandable and expeditious fashion is a challenge!

SO... Let me just leave this as: newname... your link just solved all of my "wunnerful daughter just gifted the old dinosaur daddy a hella nice lappy but HITF can I pull off a quality search here @ VUZE woes"!

Sheeeeeeet, slick,,, ezpz, lemon sueezy!

Edited by: zulu_time due to: His insane OCD nature and the realization of way toodamn many meaningless typos
jeffnicolas1

Posted: Apr 9, 2012 11:05 AM   in response to: boy123abc in response to: boy123abc

Click to report abuse...
Thanks a lot friends for sharing your useful tips and suggestions i was looking for it..

MYSQL Hosting ~ MYSQL Hosting Reviews

Edited by: jeffnicolas1 on Apr 9, 2012 11:05 AM

Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)