Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Devices

Thread: Devices won't turn on

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Dec 14, 2009 12:50 AM Last Post By: sjawad7
blud1920

Devices won't turn on
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 6:48 PM

Click to report abuse...
I'm running Windows Vista with both service packs on a Dell Inspiron 1720. Devices won't turn on, it starts with the Itunes intergration status bar but never starts the components download. I'm running Itunes 8.2 and have an Ipod Nano 4th Gen.
Timmah

Re: Devices won't turn on
Posted: Jun 30, 2009 6:59 PM   in response to: blud1920 in response to: blud1920

Click to report abuse...
I'm having the same problem, with a Macbook running Leopard 10.5.7. It just sits & spins when I try to turn on devices. Any ideas? Help?
marsrogj

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 5:17 AM   in response to: blud1920 in response to: blud1920

Click to report abuse...
I am running Leopard 10.5.7 and I see no device icon and no button to turn them on as per the sales blurb on the VUZE website. I am running the latest version of VUZE 4.2.0.2. However in the release notes the is a line :

BUGFIX: UI | Remove device toolbar when device feature not avail TuxPaper

Why is the device feature apparently no available with MAC software?
Perpetual

Posted: Aug 2, 2009 2:07 PM   in response to: blud1920 in response to: blud1920

Click to report abuse...
So, i had the same problem. For some reason it just will not download.
(It= the Vuze iTunes Integration plugin AND the transcoder plugin. Two seperate files. You will need to follow these directions twice, once for each plugin).... ((when i wrote the directions i was only writing for the transcoder plugin, but they will work fine for itunes))

Solution: I downloaded it manually from SourceForge.

The plugin appears on the list of plugins at Vuze's SourceForge page http://azureus.sourceforge.net/plugin_list.php but does not give you the option to download it because it is "Normally installed automatically". Means we're SOL, right?... nope :)
The files are present on the sourceforge servers. We just need to create the correct URL for it.

To create the correct URL, open Vuze, try to download the transcoder. The popup screen will not download anything. Close it. A new torrent has started, but is not downloading. This is the transcoder torrent.
Right click on the transcoder torrent and show details. You need to get the exact filename that you are downloading. For me it was "vuzexcode-osx_0.2.6.zip"
Add that filename to the end of this URL "http://azureus.sourceforge.net/plugins/" in your browser and hit enter.
It should begin downloading automatically.
After its finished downloading, open vuze, click "Tools", "Plugins", "installation wizard" "by file" and select the file you downloaded.

YAY!!!!

So for OSX and Vuze 4.2.0.4 on August 2, 2009 the URL is http://azureus.sourceforge.net/plugins/vuzexcode-osx_0.2.6.zip

sook399

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 7:51 AM   in response to: Perpetual in response to: Perpetual

Click to report abuse...
Hey mate,

Thanks for the solution. I'm having an issue when I go to install the plugins themselves. When I select the folder, a message appears above the file path that says:

"The file isn't a valid Vuze plugin. (Mandatory file 'plugin.properties' not found in plugin file)

This is frustrating because the file is right there, in the folder with the .jar file. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
sjawad7

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 12:50 AM   in response to: sook399 in response to: sook399

Click to report abuse...
Do not unzip the file.
Select the whole zip file and it should work.
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums