Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Download / Connection Problems

Thread: Error, unable to bind tcp incoming server socket

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: May 17, 2011 2:09 PM Last Post By: guessiamgeek
Onanario

Error, unable to bind tcp incoming server socket
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 10:04 AM
Click to report abuse...
Hi, I'm a newbie here and don't know much abot torrents and this stuff. Everytime I start my Azureus, it shows this error message:
ERROR, unable to bind tcp incoming server socket to 80
Adress already in use: bind

when I show details it writes:

java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
+
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)+
+
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(Unknown Source)+
+
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(Unknown Source)+
+
at com.aelitis.azureus.core.networkmanager.impl.tcp.VirtualBlockingServerChannelSelector.start(VirtualBlockingServerChannelSelector.java:79)+
+
at com.aelitis.azureus.core.networkmanager.impl.tcp.IncomingSocketChannelManager.start(IncomingSocketChannelManager.java:418)+
+
at com.aelitis.azureus.core.networkmanager.impl.tcp.IncomingSocketChannelManager.<init>(IncomingSocketChannelManager.java:150)+
+
at com.aelitis.azureus.core.networkmanager.impl.http.HTTPNetworkManager.<init>(HTTPNetworkManager.java:134)+
+
at com.aelitis.azureus.core.networkmanager.impl.http.HTTPNetworkManager.<clinit>(HTTPNetworkManager.java:65)+
+
at com.aelitis.azureus.core.networkmanager.NetworkManager.initialize(NetworkManager.java:318)+
+
at com.aelitis.azureus.core.impl.AzureusCoreImpl.start(AzureusCoreImpl.java:724)+
+
at com.aelitis.azureus.ui.swt.Initializer.run(Initializer.java:326)+
+
at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.mainwindow.Initializer.run(Initializer.java:152)+
+
at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.mainwindow.SWTThread$2.runSupport(SWTThread.java:174)+
+
at org.gudy.azureus2.core3.util.AERunnable.run(AERunnable.java:38)+
+
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)+

It used to be all right until I installed this http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=70849
system update for my vistas 64-bit, but it is just NET Framework 3.0, so maybe it is just cosequence, that my Azureus started with this error just after I installed that update... My downloads are now slow and sometimes it looks like I'm having problem with NAt again though I've solved it with UPnP some time ago. Can anyone help, pls?
mmore1q3

Re: Error, unable to bind tcp incoming server socket
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 10:10 AM   in response to: Onanario in response to: Onanario
Click to report abuse...
I do find it strange that Vuze tries to use port 80. That is usually reserved to HTTP servers.
Have you tried any other port?

In general, using ports below 1024 for other than the defined applications is "forbidden".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TCP_and_UDP_port_numbers

You should select a larger port number.

Selecting a port to use: I would select a random port number between 10000-40000.
I personally do not like the "officially" suggested range 49152-65535, as ports in that range are mostly used by OS, programs (like www browser) and hardware (router NAT table) for outgoing connections. When using a port above 49152, you always run to a risk that some other program has randomly grabbed that port before you start Vuze. In my Vista, the OS seems to grab ports 49152-49158 at boot...
In Windows environment, you can check which ports are currently in use with CMD commandline command NETSTAT -A . Select some port which is not shown. It should output the currently used ports with something like:
C:\Users\myusername>netstat -a
Proto Local Address Foreign Address State
TCP 0.0.0.0:135 P35HN:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:445 P35HN:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:5357 P35HN:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:12110 P35HN:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:49152 P35HN:0 LISTENING
So, I have lots of free ports to choose in 10000-40000... all free except 12110.
guessiamgeek

Re: Error, unable to bind tcp incoming server socket
Posted: May 17, 2011 2:09 PM   in response to: mmore1q3 in response to: mmore1q3
Click to report abuse...
I really would like your to receive this, cuz your comment made it SO easy to change my TCP incoming from 6881. I just moved to a new town and the internet provider is different, so when I got here there were two error messages, the incoming of course and outbound UDP was same, 6881. I just went in and changed them to 48452 and 47164.. No more worries mate! Thanx so bloody much!

Sincerely-

-Mystified

P.S. I just didn't know I had it in me.. ;)
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums