Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Download / Connection Problems

Thread: Why don't my seeds connect with peers and stay connected?

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Aug 14, 2008 12:26 AM Last Post By: Fishbowler
tasogare619

Why don't my seeds connect with peers and stay connected?
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 11:28 PM

Click to report abuse...
I don't know what setting changes caused this, but for some reason, when seeding, I am bouncing all over the place connecting to peers for a few seconds at a time then the Up speed starts dropping until there is no connection at all. I specifically brought a file back to share and it seems to be hit and miss for the peers. In the past, if I connected with some peers, my connection would stay... sometimes for hours. Is there a setting to prevent this hopping around?

Any help would be appreciated. I am Vuze challenged.
Fishbowler

Re: Why don't my seeds connect with peers and stay connected?
Posted: Aug 13, 2008 6:39 AM   in response to: tasogare619 in response to: tasogare619

Click to report abuse...
I can't think of any setting that would generate that behaviour, other than Level 4 encryption, where you're requiring a level of encryption that other clients don't support.

Even then, you should find peers that will support it, and should never converge on zero.

If you think it's a settings change, try renaming your azureus.config and associated backup file in %appdata%\Azureus (chuck that into Start > Run) and seeing if this cures it.
The 8472

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 4:37 PM   in response to: tasogare619 in response to: tasogare619

Click to report abuse...
how many seeds and peers are on the torrent? how many torrents are you running overall? what's your ISP?
tasogare619

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 11:38 PM   in response to: Fishbowler in response to: Fishbowler

Click to report abuse...
Hi. Thanks. I am at Level 4. It will take me time to trying your suggestion on my config file.
tasogare619

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 11:57 PM   in response to: The 8472 in response to: The 8472

Click to report abuse...
Hello. Thanks.

I have nearly 60 torrents and have stopped the ones that have a lot of seeds for the amount of peers. But the amount I make available for seeding may total around 15. The number of seeds and peers on the torrents vary. I typically try to seed the lowest of the low first, such 1 to 4 so that is where I primarily see the problem. But when I start all torrents, I see the problem even if there are over 60 seeds to 36 peers for a particular torrent.

I have also tried stopping all torrents with the exception with the ones that appear to have issues staying connected but that makes no difference.

I should have mentioned that I had recently by-passed my router to see if my download speed would increase. I didn't have this problem prior to making this change. Since that change, I am constantly seeing changes from the queueing to seeding status, as well as the connected- not-connected. They change almost as frequenlty as the lights blinking on a Christmas tree.

Edited by: tasogare619 on Aug 14, 2008 12:00 AM
Fishbowler

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 12:26 AM   in response to: tasogare619 in response to: tasogare619

Click to report abuse...
Check that you have Good Settings
The only reason, other than not having Good Settings, for that many concurrent seeds is lots of them running at very very low speeds.
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums