Community Forums

Home » Vuze Forums » Community Open Support

Thread: Error message - "connection limit exceeded"

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 3. Correct answers available: 1.

Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Oct 13, 2008 11:26 PM Last Post By: mmore1q3
Melethril

Error message - "connection limit exceeded"
Posted: May 1, 2008 1:28 AM

Click to report abuse...
On one of my torrents I get the error message "Connection limit exceeded! You may only leech from one location at a time." I have no idea what it means. When I opened this torrent up in Azureus, I had nothing else running, neither downloads nor uploads. I'm now seeding 4 torrents and have 1 download, all green smileys, except for the one with the error message.
The 8472

Re: Error message - "connection limit exceeded"
Posted: May 1, 2008 3:25 AM   in response to: Melethril in response to: Melethril

Click to report abuse...
this is a message from the tracker, not from azureus, read their usage policy
g69mac

Posted: Oct 13, 2008 9:03 PM   in response to: The 8472 in response to: The 8472

Click to report abuse...
I had the same error. My computer froze and I had to reset it without shutting down Vuze properly. When I started up again I got the error. Does anyone know how to resolve this?
mmore1q3

Posted: Oct 13, 2008 11:26 PM   in response to: Melethril in response to: Melethril

Click to report abuse...
Melethril wrote:
On one of my torrents I get the error message "Connection limit exceeded! You may only leech from one location at a time."

It is the tracker server, complaining about you trying to contact it from two different IP addresses.

Most likely they have limit that you peers can be connected only through one internet connection at a time. When you rebooted/restarted PC, your ISP may have given you a different IP address than you had earlier. If the server's database still has your Vuze client ID in its active database (lifetime for 1 hour? for 3 hours?), now the server thinks that you are trying to download with two simultaneous connections. This should correct itself in a few hours, when the server purges old connections from its database (after some defined inactivity time).

This is related to the site which hosts the tracker serving the torrent. Not really anything to do with Azureus/Vuze.
Legend
Master: 800 - 9999 pts
Expert: 400 - 799 pts
Advanced: 200 - 399 pts
Intermediate: 100 - 199 pts
Beginner: 50 - 99 pts
Newbie: 0 - 49 pts
Vuze Staff Member
Vuze Community Moderator
Helpful Answer (3 pts)
Correct Answer (5 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums